Fickle Reasons To Root for Fighters

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Do you ever find that when you don't know anything about either fighter that you will find some otherwise meaningless reason to root for one over the other?

Some of the reasons I'll root for one over the other:

Preference for underdog

Less tattoos

Natural hair color over dyed hair opponents or Mohawks.

More humble

The guy that doesn't try too hard in the initial stare down over the guy pretending he is a caged lion.

Preference for the guy who appears to be fighting at a natural weight as opposed to cutting way down.

Preference for the older fighter.

I'll often root for lanky guys (my inner child is lanky I guess).

I usually root for Alex Caceres because he wanted to buy a ranch and grow his own food. I like that. But he has a 0.5 record in the UFC and will be cut anytime.

I usually root for Alex Caceres because he wanted to buy a ranch and grow his own food. I like that. But he has a 0.5 record in the UFC and will be cut anytime.

I root for him simply because of the Bruce Leroy gimmick.

Nick Diaz became my favorite fighter because his hair looked like mine, his shorts looked cool, and he kinda talks like I do (this was in the Strikeforce days).

I'm not that big on him anymore because he keeps his hair short now, doesn't fight often, and he is probably gonna wear that Reebok shit.

Most I know root for their country man/woman, or closest country to theirs but if I know anything at all about one (more famous) I will take his side till he shows me his name value is all hype.

I am partial to my own people, Sherbros.

So instinctively, I root for assholes who think they know everything.

Yeah fuck ppl with tattoos

I tend to root for the fighters who come from where I grew up. Ben Askren, Ben Rothwell, the Pettis Bros, Smilin' Sam...I especially root for Big Ben because his accent is exactly the same as the people in my old neighborhood. It's endearing.

I am a lefty so I always got to root for a lefty.

Always rooting for Big Timmeh
because he shit his pants

I usually root for the guy who in the tale of the tape looks like the more promising contender, so in a future I could say "oh yeah I saw him when he was a nobody" :D

Back