Fenn's Strength log

• Thread starter Deleted member 130905
  • Start date
Tuesday 4/10/2012

I was supposed to run yesterday but I went to the range out east to try my dad's new gun. After that I was exhausted and just slept all day, so I ran today after a lot of lacrosse ball rolling.

Hill sprints
~50 yards x 8 (sprint, walk down hill, sprint immediately, repeat)

Fucking fried after this, and just as everyone said, no shin pain whatsoever which was nice.

I woke up Sunday and I was 260 exactly, which is just over 20lbs of weight loss. But after the holiday I was 262.6 this morning which was to be expected, but I'm back on track so it'll feel good to get in to the 250s again.

Thursday 4/12/2012

Sprints
~50yards x10 (sprint, walk back, sprint, repeat)

No hills today, I haven't had a chance to look for a hill around my aunt's because I've been busy lately, so I went to the local high school up the block.

Weight was 261 on the dot today, I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll be under 260 for the first time in a while, just as long as I don't go to the bar and get Taco Bell at 4am over the weekend it should be easy.

Also, the chance of me getting this job I've been training for are looking slim to none, I'm pretty pissed about it but whatever. I'll keep training for it until I know there is no shot. Once I hear there is no shot, I'll start squatting and deadlifting almost immediately.

Monday 4/16/2012

Hill Sprints
~55 yards x 8

I'm still all congested, so breathing through my nose still is impossible. Otherwise these were not bad at all.

My weight this morning was 259.8, then about an hour later I took a wicked dump and I was 258.6. Either way, today is the first time I have been under 260 in a while, and it is feeling pretty good. I think once I get under 255 I'm going to have an epic cheat session then get right back on track

Tuesday 4/17/2012

Weight was 259 this morning, which is exactly 21 lbs of weight loss in about 2 months.

Bleacher sprints
Went down to the Junior HS and ran bleachers. It is 10 steps to the top, 10 steps back down, move to the next set for a total of 11 times. I did that twice and then walked the track a bit. My legs were pretty fucking tired, breathing wasn't bad at all.

Sit ups
30 in ~35 seconds

Pretty happy with the sit ups, I just have to add 9-12 in 25s and I'll be good, and that wasn't a max set, either. I'm still a bit concerned about the 1.5 mile jog, but we will see. Hopefully with more weight loss and the sprints I can get done with this shit.

Wednesday 4/18/2012

Weight was 257.4 this morning, which was odd, I felt like I'd be about the same or maybe a bit more than yesterday, so that was a nice surprise.

Today I tried to ran hills at a creek a few towns over but I got the most fugazzi directions ever, so I'll have to try that again another time. I decided to just go to the gym and do complexes to save my shins a bit.

Bear Complex
(hang clean > front squat > press > back squat > press = 1 rep)
75lbs x 8 x 3

Sit ups
32 as quick as possible

The complex was much easier than I thought it would be. Last time I did it I think I did 65x6x3 and was dying, today I was actually breathing really easy but my legs and arms were hurting for some odd reason.

Friday 4/20/2012

I decided to take yesterday off because my legs were pretty sore, pathetically enough. They were still pretty bad today but I ate fast food yesterday so I had to do something today.

Sprints
~45yards x 10 (sprint, walk back, sprint immediately, etc)

Nothing to write home about, but my wind was really good today. I wasn't even really winded until probably the 7th or 8th sprint, so that is good.

One of these days coming up I think I am going to test my 1 or 1.5 mile time to gauge where I'm at.

Monday 4/23/2012

Weight was 257.4 again this morning. I am feeling pretty good and my physique is looking much better than it was (no homo), still nothing to write home about but my pants are falling off of me.

Hill sprints
~50 yards x 10 (sprint, walk down, sprint, etc)

Not bad at all, it was my first time doing 10 hill sprints, usually I've been doing 10 regular sprints and 8 hills. Breathing was pretty much fine, no shin pain even though I was lazy as shit and didn't stretch or foam roll or anything in a few days.

I really just want to find out what I am doing with this other job, whether I'm getting it or not, so I can go back to lifting how I want.

Wednesday 5/9/2012

I never updated last week, but I did sprints either 2 or 3 days and some sit ups and shit, I forget in all honesty. Weight has been hovering around 260 and a bit under, work has been making it quite the bitch to eat even moderately good.

Today I went for a jog outside instead of on the treadmill and noticed a few things. I felt like I was moving much slower than on the treadmill, but still ran a 7:50 mile. I had no shin pain whatsoever, not even after I stopped running, which was good. I think I'll do sprints tomorrow and either Friday or Saturday and then try for 1.25 miles next week sometime.

Then I did sit ups, 3 sets of 25. This shit is getting IMMENSELY boring, I really have the urge to go squat and deadlift. Plus there is a sick sounding strongman show in AC in July I would want to do, but obviously won't be able to.

Monday 7/9/2012

First day back in the gym in 7 months, possibly my first in 2012. Everything went as expected, I got weaker than usual, but I'm tighter than a mother fucker, especially in the lower back, I need to address that.

Deadlifts
Up to 365x3 beltles

Press
Up to 175x3

Chest supported Rows/Curls
10x3 each

Everything felt decent on deadlifts, just my lower back was unbelievably tight and I was having a bit of a hard time getting in to a comfortable position. Some SMR should do the trick.

The good thing was nothing really felt heavy, just awkward, which was to be expected I guess. I could have jackassed 405+ up on deadlifts, but saw no reason. Probably Thursday I'll do squats/bench and assistance.

What's the other job? Are you still a cop?

I haven't been in here in forever...

Thursday 7/12/2012

Really no soreness at all today, some stabbing back pain as I was walking in to the gym oddly enough, but I did about 25 BW reverse hypers and it cleared it right up.

Squats
Up to 315x3 beltless (video below)

Bench
Up to 225x3 Much harder than I wanted

Reverse Hyper
50x12x3

DB Flies
10x3

Squats were a little easier than I had anticipated, bench was much harder. Like much, much harder, it was bad. I did the reverse hypers to loosen up my back and it worked really well.

EDIT: The fucking video won't work, it posts and then switches to another video 2 seconds later. Besides being retarded, am I doing something wrong?

Monday 7/16/2012

Very tight this morning, but some soft tissue work with a baseball really helped everything loosen up. I'm always so hesitant to do it and then when I do I feel 100x better.

Deadlift
315x3
365x3
405x3

Press
165x3x2

DB Shoulder Press
40's x 10 x 3

Chest Supported Rows
Whatever x 10 x3

I Hocky'd between the first and second reps of deadlift so I could readjust my feet, I'm still getting used to the movement again, but it definitely felt better than last week. Press wasn't too bad, I definitely should have used more weight with the DB presses.

Thursday 7/19/2012

Feeling like absolute shit today and the past few days. My thyroid is all swollen and I haven't slept in like 5 days. That coupled with being a bit short on time led to a pretty shitty workout.

Squat
315x3
325x3

Bench
Up to 185x3 I think, then ran out of time. Felt like shit though.

Meh.

Monday 7/23/2012

I actually ate before going to the gym this morning, and I also stretched and did a lot of SMR to loosen up because I was tight. Good day overall, even if the numbers are still putrid.

Deadlift
Up to 415x3

Strict Press
165x3x2

Chest Supported Rows
10x3

Tricep pushdowns
10x3

Standing DB strict press
10x3

The 3 assistance lifts were all super setted. Deadlift didn't look too horrendous on video, but it felt heavy as fuck. That is not good at all. The caffeine worked great and let me get through this fairly quickly without hitting that wall like I have been.

Thursday 7/26/2012

Squats
315x3
335x3 Easy

Bench
185x5x2

Chest supported rows/45 degree hypers
(2 plates x 10/BWx10) x 3

Tricep pushdowns
10x3

Squats felt pretty good, form felt alright, weight felt light, even if the numbers still suck. Squats feel infinitely better than deadlifts for some reason. Fuck bench.

Videos still won't work on this site, it plays a different video every time, I don't understand it. It works fine on the other site.

Tuesday 7/31/2012

I was incredibly tight today, especially in the lower back, I really need to stretch more often. That plus OT Monday and a lot of drinking Saturday, Sunday and Monday led to a very meh workout.

Deadlifts
365x3
405x3
425x3

Press
170x3x2

Chest supported rows/45 degree back raises/tricep pushdowns
(2 plates x 10/ BWx10/ whatever x 10) x 3

Deadlift and press were both definitely a little harder than I wanted them to be, not hard but not as easy as I wanted.

I am liking just doing my assistance lifts as one big superset just to get it over with. It took me about 5 minutes to do assistance, and usually after my main lifts are done, I only have the attention span to stay for like 10 or 15 minutes.

Friday 8/3/2012

Squats
315x3
345x3

45 degree hypers/Lat pulldowns
(BWx10/Whatever x 10) x 3

Everything was going well until the top set of squats. I hit the rack as I was unracking the bar and then rushed everything and it really looked and felt like shit. 315 set was much better, I wish I didn't delete the video before the top set so I could compare them. No big deal really, next week I'll kill squats.

Skipped benching because fuck benching and I just wasn't feeling it. I was hungry and wanted to go eat.

Monday 8/6/2012

Deadlifts
405x3
-10 minute poop break-
435x3

Press
175x3x2

Chest supported rows
2 plates + 25lbs x 10 x 3

45 degree back extensions
BWx10x3

Tricep push downs
whatever x 10 x 3

All of the assistance was super setted.

Deadlifts felt pretty good, even if I was a little cold going in to the top set. Press wasn't bad at all either, 185x3x2 in a few weeks will not be bad I don't think. I need to start sleeping more, I have been sleeping like absolute and utter shit as of late.

Thursday 8/9/2012

I started using my CPAP machine again and it is making an incredible difference. I am actually sleeping again and I felt about 1000x better in the gym today.

Squats
315x3
345x3 Easy

Bench
185x5
195x5x2

Incline DB Bench
50's x 10 x 3

45 Degree hypers
BWx10x3

Tricep pushdowns
10x3

All assistance supersetted.

Squats felt so much better than last week, I figured last week was a fluke. Bench still feels shitty but better. Next week I'll hopefully start lifting 3x/week.

Back