fen-13-ziolkowski-vs-kreft.png

fen-13-balanda-vs-gumienna-1.png

fen-13-stopka-vs-daschke.png

fen-13-kopera-vs-zbiciak.png

Yeah, I know it's a small org etc.

I'm just promoting this because:
- it's on my turf!
- Michał Wlazło is the MT/K1 coach at my local gym
- Kamila Bałanda is my friend's friend :)

I met her a few times, she's a very nice and humble person. Kamila FTW! :)

For a moment I thought it was EFN lol
Not bad having Hallmann in the ME though

For a moment I thought it was EFN lol
Not bad having Hallmann in the ME though
Yep, Hallmann returned home after getting cut from the UFC, this is his 2nd fight in a row in Gdynia.
I think he takes this fight easy due to superior experience.

Apparently I was dead wrong about Hallmann. :p

BTW the co-host in mid-fight discussion was the champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk herself! :)

RESULTS:

MAIN EVENT

MMA -66 kg: Kamil Łebkowski def. Piotr Hallmann (UD)
MMA -70 kg: Marian Ziółkowski def. Jacek Kreft (SUB 1)

MAIN CARD

MMA +93 kg: Michał Wlazło def. Marcin Gułaś (TKO 2)
K-1 +93 kg: Arkadiusz Wrzosek def. Kryspin Kalski (SD AET)
K-1 -98 kg: Artur Bizewski def. Marcin Szreder (MD)
K-1 -65 kg: Róża Gumienna def. Kamila Bałanda (MD)
K-1 -70 kg: Jarosław Daschke def. Marcin Stopka (UD)
MMA -68,5 kg: Bartłomiej Kopera def. Nikodem Szymański (SUB 1)

PRELIMS

MMA -77 kg: Ireneusz Szydłowski def. Bartosz Chyrek (TKO 2)
MMA -77 kg: Kamil Gniadek def. Klemens Ewald (SUB 2)
MMA -66 kg: Aleksander Georgas def. Robert Rajewski (SUB 2)
K-1 -70 kg: Jakub Rajewski def. Filip Sadowski (TKO 1)
MMA -80 kg: Paweł Kordylewicz def. Karol Trzebiatowski (SUB 1)

Overall the level of competition wasn't world class but it was very decent for Europe, especially the Main Events. All the prelims were stoppages but even the decisions on the main card were entertaining.

Jarosław Daschke vs Marcin Stopka was a WAR - everyone should go see it for the sheer fun of watching two great strikers going at each other non-stop for 3 rounds.

A bit disappointed with Kamila Bałanda - I'm sure she could do better, looked like she was either too tense or overtrained. Better luck next time. Róża Gumienna looks solid tho.

Very surprised by Artur Bizewski - after just 4 years of combat sport training he dominates an experienced favorite in Szreder. Dude's a natural.

Happy for coach Michał Wlazło - expected him to have problems on the ground (since he's a pure MT guy) but he managed to muscle out of subs and get the TKO. Striker beats grappler this time.

Jacek Kreft disappointed by falling for the same triangle sub again against Marian Ziółkowski. And he was doing a good job before it happened too.

Kamil Łebkowski not only put on a clinic on favorite Piotr Hallmann (UD) but also proposed to his girlfriend Patrycja right after the fight! She said YES. :) Well done, Kamil!

Final thought - with KSW changing their strategy to PPV only, the niche of "free MMA for the masses" has been successfully filled by FEN.

The bouts were entertaining, the fighters were likable, there were no mismatches or freak fights (looking at you, KSW!), the crowd was loud and supportive, the atmosphere was OK (except the god-awful cover of It's My Life at the start) and the overall impression was very good.

A mix of MMA and K-1 bouts is a great idea as striking is usually more entertaining to the "casual fan". If FEN keeps showing great fights for free the majority of Polish MMA fans may shift their attention away from KSW and towards this young org. The large amount of fans travelling from other regions to support their local fighters (like Łebkowski) is a clear indication of how the sport has grown in Poland and how regional fan support can be just as big in MMA as it is in football.

Well done Fight Exclusive Night!

Omg and they're a ring org? They seem to be doing a lot of things right.

Omg and they're a ring org? They seem to be doing a lot of things right.
Even better! It's a RING-CAGE! Basically it's just a ring with a net between the ropes and the floor, preventing fighters from falling out. But the idea is brilliant! :D

Back