Feminists Are Angry Because Every Male Winner at the Golden Globes Ignored #MeToo & #TimesUp

Yes!! Why nobody is mentioning the hypocrisy of that woman? I used to admire her as an actress now I can't even look at her. It amazes me how people still respect celebrities like her.

You know why? It's because they don't actually see the difference. In their head catcalling is as bad as rape. How fucking insane is that?

I disagree with this. They do see the difference. But they say minor things like catcalling are part of an overall bad culture. That's not untrue. (although I'd argue that's just douchey behavior and not sexist) They just don't get how stupid the whole narrative has become overall because of it. Also, it is one thing to include those things like cat calling. It is another completely uncalled for thing to hate on people like Matt Damon for stating the facts that there are levels to it.

I disagree with this. They do see the difference. But they say minor things like catcalling are part of an overall bad culture. That's not untrue. (although I'd argue that's just douchey behavior and not sexist) They just don't get how stupid the whole narrative has become overall because of it. Also, it is one thing to include those things like cat calling. It is another completely uncalled for thing to hate on people like Matt Damon for stating the facts that there are levels to it.

Well, to be fair there are different types of feminists out there and they treat this sort of issue differently. But if there's hate because Matt Damon said the obvious then some people out there really don't think rape and catcalling are that fucking different. Not in the sense that they're literally the same thing but that they are equally as serious and should be treated as such. I personally know a woman that was offended because some old man said good morning to her in the street. And she was furious when I asked what was wrong with that. Btw she considered that catcalling. Just so you understand the level of insanity - I was once called a mysogynist pig by a fellow student simply because I held the door open for her. lol Those are the types of (I hate this term but it's somewhat appropriate) feminazis out there that don't differentiate things like seduction, catcalling, sexual assault and sexual violence. They see men as their mortal enemies, that becomes very obvious when you're actually sharing spaces with those people. And it's very eerie tbh.

Sherdog has no hypocrites.

No one on Sherdog gave Polanski a standing ovation. No one on Sherdog kept quiet about Weinstein's crimes, then pretended to be shocked when the truth finally came out.

Can't say I feel too comfortable with how things are going. As time goes on, this is starting to feel less like a movement and more like a massive witch hunt.

While it is important to prosecute people who sexually harass, we also shouldn't automatically exile anyone accused out of society when they are accused if it hasn't been proven. If anyone can make an accusation and know it will be believed, that creates a dangerous precedent that can be abused for political or personal purposes. It does feel like we're getting a little too trigger happy here.

Very well stated.

No one on Sherdog gave Polanski a standing ovation. No one on Sherdog kept quiet about Weinstein's crimes, then pretended to be shocked when the truth finally came out.

So are you mad at every woman who was disappointed in the silence of men who won awards, or just the ones that gave Polanski an ovation and/or knew about and were silent about Weinstein’s crimes?

So are you mad at every woman who was disappointed in the silence of men who won awards, or just the ones that gave Polanski an ovation and/or knew about and were silent about Weinstein’s crimes?

Any woman who condemns the male award winners for not speaking out, but ignores the complicity of women like Streep, is a hypocrit.

Any woman who condemns the male award winners for not speaking out, but ignores the complicity of women like Streep, is a hypocrit.

So they need to name everything they are mad at every time they are mad?

If I’m mad because some guy cut me off and I yell, “He just cut me off!!” Am I suppose to now say, “He just cut me off!! But also others have cut me off too so he is not alone in that! And finally I should acknowledge that there have been times in the past when I have cut people off but did not intend to!”

I think what annoys me about the “feminists” also annoys me about their critics. They get mad at everyone who doesn’t take a stand, but then they get mad at people who do take a stand because their stand somehow wasn’t good enough.

Eg. Ben Affleck states his disapproval of Weinstein, but people get mad because he should have done it sooner. Sure, he should have. But I’d rather he do it at all as opposed to never, so let’s not immediately shut the guy down.

But on the reverse side, every time a “feminist” states any dislike of any sexual abuse or harassment now they are immediately attacked with all the times they didn’t say something. Sure, they should have said something then, but I’d rather they say something now then never say anything at all.

So they need to name everything they are mad at every time they are mad?

If I’m mad because some guy cut me off and I yell, “He just cut me off!!” Am I suppose to now say, “He just cut me off!! But also others have cut me off too so he is not alone in that! And finally I should acknowledge that there have been times in the past when I have cut people off but did not intend to!”

I think what annoys me about the “feminists” also annoys me about their critics. They get mad at everyone who doesn’t take a stand, but then they get mad at people who do take a stand because their stand somehow wasn’t good enough.

Eg. Ben Affleck states his disapproval of Weinstein, but people get mad because he should have done it sooner. Sure, he should have. But I’d rather he do it at all as opposed to never, so let’s not immediately shut the guy down.

But on the reverse side, every time a “feminist” states any dislike of any sexual abuse or harassment now they are immediately attacked with all the times they didn’t say something. Sure, they should have said something then, but I’d rather they say something now then never say anything at all.

You should have said all this in your first post, instead of trying to imply that everyone who doesn't like the hysteria and hypocrisy of some feminists is therefor angry at all women.

Streep and friends aren't admitting their own culpability. They are happy to condemn men for not speaking out, while ignoring the fact that they could have put an end to Weinstein years ago. It's a double standard. And they lack all sense of proportion. James Franco wore one of the Time's Up pins, and was immediately attacked by an actress because he, "abused her" by paying her $100 to appear in a topless scene in one of his movies. That's not even a crime. She could have told him to stick the money up his ass and found another roie. Instead she took the money, signed the contract and got her tits out. But Franco has already had a public even cancelled because of these allegations.

If Feminists truly want equality, they need to accept personal responsibility and stop playing the victim card. Harvey Weinstein is a piece of shit. They can hang the fat fuck from the Hollywood Sign for all I care. But the reason he got away with what he did for so long is a lot women, including very powerful women like Streep, were happy to play along.

You should have said all this in your first post, instead of trying to imply that everyone who doesn't like the hysteria and hypocrisy of some feminists is therefor angry at all women.

Streep and friends aren't admitting their own culpability. They are happy to condemn men for not speaking out, while ignoring the fact that they could have put an end to Weinstein years ago. It's a double standard. And they lack all sense of proportion. James Franco wore one of the Time's Up pins, and was immediately attacked by an actress because he, "abused her" by paying her $100 to appear in a topless scene in one of his movies. That's not even a crime. She could have told him to stick the money up his ass and found another roie. Instead she took the money, signed the contract and got her tits out. But Franco has already had a public even cancelled because of these allegations.

If Feminists truly want equality, they need to accept personal responsibility and stop playing the victim card. Harvey Weinstein is a piece of shit. They can hang the fat fuck from the Hollywood Sign for all I care. But the reason he got away with what he did for so long is a lot women, including very powerful women like Streep, were happy to play along.

You accuse me of lumping all sherdoggers in one category, and then proceed to lump all feminist in one category,

You accuse me of lumping all sherdoggers in one category, and then proceed to lump all feminist in one category,

Because you did, Ser Jorah:rolleyes:

Sherdog angry because Women.

I didn’t say I didn’t. I’m simply pointing out that you’re being a hypocrite, the very thing you despise.

So you admit your first post was completely, utterly wrong? Well done. I'm glad you took your besmirchment like a man;)

And please note that when I corrected your pathetic attempt at White Knighting, I specifically stated that Sherdog was angry at the hypocrisy of SOME women.

This whole #metoo thing is a train-wreck. There's no rigour or logic to any of it, it's just 'Oh let's just jump on this bandwagon and add more random accusations. Nobody knows what's real or fake anymore, but this helps somehow because muh awareness.'

What Mr Mojo wore to the Grammys or the Tonys or whatever the hell they're called.

zebra-trim-pimp-costume.jpg

So you admit your first post was completely, utterly wrong? Well done. I'm glad you took your besmirchment like a man;)

And please note that when I corrected your pathetic attempt at White Knighting, I specifically stated that Sherdog was angry at the hypocrisy of SOME women.

Yes, I admit that not all of Sherdog are chauvinists. I’m on Sherdog, hence my post would have to include myself, and thus was obviously tongue in cheek, unlike your posts which appear to be founded in an actual self righteous rage towards feminists. So let me give you what you want:

I’m a feminist and if it’s true that Streep kept silence about Weinstein despite knowing his crimes (I don’t have proof that it is true other than it seems like she must have) then she was wrong not to say anything sooner. And if it’s true that she knowingly defended a child rapist (I haven’t researched this about her, but I’ve certainly seen it posted it a lot on Sherdog, so for the sake of this thread I’ll assume it’s true), then that bitch is a total piece of shit.

There, you heard it from a feminist. Now am I allowed to say that I’m also disappointed that more men don’t speak out about rape and sexual assault especially considering that a vast, vast majority of rape and sex assault is committed by men against women and children?

And it’s also frustrating that despite the fact that men overwhelmingly do the sexual crimes it feels as if anytime people try to point it out, that many men such as yourself don’t become outraged about that, but instead get outraged at the people who have the courage to point it out because they aren’t acknowledging all their own personal faults too every time they say they don’t like male perpetrated rape and sex assault.

Back