Feminists Are Angry Because Every Male Winner at the Golden Globes Ignored #MeToo & #TimesUp

Euron Greyjoy

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Some Feminists Are Angry Because Every Male Winner at the Golden Globes Ignored #MeToo & #TimesUp during their acceptance speech. "Their Silence was deafening."

hbz-golden-globes-winners-index-1515444800.jpg

In a perfect world, last night's Golden Globes, the first major awards show in the post-Weinstein era, would have signaled a profound shift toward gender equity and a zero-tolerance policy for any form of sexual abuse in Hollywood culture. Most of the female attendees used the ceremony as platform for this message, donning black and declaring their commitment to the #MeToo movement and the newly-formed Time's Up initiative on the red carpet and in their speeches. The same can't be said for the men of the evening, who generally avoided the conversation as if Hollywood wasn't in the midst of a hugely-publicized reckoning with powerful, abusive men.

Meanwhile, many women walking the carpet, including Viola Davis, Meryl Streep, Eva Longoria, Kerry Washington, and Meryl Streep gave powerful statements about joining Time's Up and wearing black. Eight actresses even brought activists from a variety of organizations aimed at reducing inequality as their dates for the evening. As Time put it, "The imbalance created a strange dynamic: Most men were able to spend their interview time plugging their projects, while the women were responsible for bearing the burden of taking on sexism in Hollywood in little soundbites."

The trend continued inside. Of the 15 men who received awards onstage throughout the night—Alexander Skarsgård, Ewan McGregor, Aziz Ansari, Sterling K. Brown, Alexandre Desplat, Martin McDonagh, Guillermo del Toro, Sam Rockwell, James Franco, Gary Oldman, Bruce Miller of The Handmaid's Tale, Lee Unkrich for Coco, Benj Pasek and Justin Paul for "This Is Me," and Fatih Akin of In the Fade—zero referenced #MeToo or Time's Up in their acceptance speeches. This is particularly striking considering Skarsgård and Rockwell both won for playing abusive men in their respective projects. Both Miller and Oldman made vague references to making a difference in their speeches—Oldman said, "Words and actions can change the world, and boy oh boy, does it need to change" while Miller said, "To all the people in this room and this country and this world who do everything they can to stop The Handmaid's Tale from becoming real, keep doing that"—but their gestures felt flat and perfunctory.

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/a14780926/golden-globes-male-winners-times-up/

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2018/01/what-the-men-didnt-say/549914/

Can't say I feel too comfortable with how things are going. As time goes on, this is starting to feel less like a movement and more like a massive witch hunt.

While it is important to prosecute people who sexually harass, we also shouldn't automatically exile anyone accused out of society when they are accused if it hasn't been proven. If anyone can make an accusation and know it will be believed, that creates a dangerous precedent that can be abused for political or personal purposes. It does feel like we're getting a little too trigger happy here.

"feminism" is about whiny white bitches who only want more power and more attention. it was never about justice.

notice how the cunt who wrote the article decries men for not using their platform but guess what?

this bitch didn't use hers to support Puerto Ricans either. fuck this stupid racist cunt.

Golden Globes 2023: Every male winner ritually castrates himself in place of a thank you speech.

Feminists complain about the silence.

I cant believe people still watch these stupid awards shows.

When aren't feminists angry?
"feminism" is about whiny white bitches who only want more power and more attention. it was never about justice.

notice how the cunt who wrote the article decries men for not using their platform but guess what?

this bitch didn't use hers to support Puerto Ricans either. fuck this stupid racist cunt.

Ha, reminds me of this amazing clip:

"Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but their will always be something to offend a feminist."

Bitches are too fucking dumb to realise they are digging a grave for their movement. We are rapidly approaching the point where the average guy just won't care anymore.

Some Feminists Are Angry Because Every Male Winner at the Golden Globes Ignored #MeToo & #TimesUp during their acceptance speech. "Their Silence was deafening."

hbz-golden-globes-winners-index-1515444800.jpg

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/a14780926/golden-globes-male-winners-times-up/

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2018/01/what-the-men-didnt-say/549914/

Some Feminists should be more angry at hypocritical cunts like Streep, who led a standing ovation for Polanski and was a friend of Weinstein's for years.

i like the "wearing a black tux isnt enough." statement yet most of these impassioned crusaders think updating their tumbr blog is going to cause some monumental societal change.

I admired these actors' silent admission that they all - male and female - have corporate cock in their mouths.

These are my salad days
Slowly being eaten away
Just another play for today

who fucking cares.

some of the women that spoke about, and applauded others speaking about "me too" and "times up" also showed support for men that have been accused of abuse towards women.

besides, you're dumb if you really expect celebrities to care about this shit beyond making themselves look good by "supporting" it lol

also men always wear black tuxes. hard to tell who's really in support of the movement. would have lul'd if some guy showed up in an orange tux to make it blatantly obvious that he gives no fucks lol

990e7909ab0b4044a7758e8f4deb2c1e--film-big-dumb-and-dumber.jpg

Thes chicks didn’t watch the bird revelation.

What really annoys me with the MeToo movement is that there are women who say "MeToo" I was catcalled once and that's unacceptable behaviour... when there are people out there who have been raped/abused.

That's not me saying that catcalling isn't rude, but I don't even think it should be up there with sexual harassment, let alone assault.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back