Feminism Ruining Movies and Television

I don't mind females kick ass if it's realistic. They need to be martial arts experts (real ones and I can tell), supernatural, or a physically strong soldier type.

Anorexic Angelina Jolie jumping off walls and KOing dudes is girl power bullshit.

Well said, I agree.

Feminism is pretty much in every show or movie. It jumps out at you and tough to ignore.

Even in the sports world, John McEnroe was asked to apologize when asked if Serena Williams was better than the men tennis players.

Just came across this video after reading this post and looking into it. She makes a good point.

Here is one of the news segments, how likable is McEnroe...

Yesterday a guy blamed "quotas" for a woman unfairly being on a UFC show. It's all a bizarre mindset you guys live with.

There does seem to be a quota though. How else do you explain worthy men's fights being relegated to undercards while two chicks no one's hear of being on the main card and usually right before the main event? They're forcing that shit on everyone cause they know no one will watch a chick only card.

Feminism is ruining everything, not just movies.

I just got cable for the first time in ten years because it was part of a good internet deal. I've been watching the commercials, wow. There is almost no normal white men. It's a women, a minority, or a really stupid idiot white guy. Almost ZERO respectable white guys.

Absolutely disgusting social engineering.

I laugh at the fools who think ads are about selling stuff.

What a bunch of nincompoops.

Just came across this video after reading this post and looking into it. She makes a good point.

I hate all the leftist Political correctness. It's tough to speak the truth today because of it.

Charlie Rose was disappointing, clearly playing dumb in that interview.

I hate all the leftist Political correctness. It's tough to speak the truth today because of it.

It's likely a combination of PC culture and ratings, but it does society a disservice. What bothers me more than the fact that what McEnroe said is factually correct, or that he was simply answering a question, is the fact that they try to paint him as being malicious, when it's obvious he's not. It's like Bill Maher making a joke about himself using the n-word. There is zero malice.

It's likely a combination of PC culture and ratings, but it does society a disservice. What bothers me more than the fact that what McEnroe said is factually correct, or that he was simply answering a question, is the fact that they try to paint him as being malicious, when it's obvious he's not. It's like Bill Maher making a joke about himself using the n-word. There is zero malice.
It was funny at the end when he was asked to rank the all time tennis players. He put serena at 5. And said "Are you happy now?" Lol

Funny thing, those libs probably thought he was serious.

"Patriarchy is forcing women to buy expensive stuff!"

<{clintugh}>

A "no" would have been fine.

Espresso is basically super strong coffee. Strong enough to put hair on your chest.

Those are the type coffees served in Starbucks in shot glasses right? Too accidic for me you really need to have good meal before drinking one.

There was a similar awhile ago. While I agree, using Jack Reacher as an example was bad. I don't remember what that thread said and can't tihnk of any example off the top of my head right now. But this is true. I like older movies.

BTW, as I stated earlier about my like for the movie Mad Max and Charlize' role in it, I'm going to mention the Resident Evil franchise. It's one of my favorites with a strong female lead in Mila Jovovich. IMO she is one of the most underrated, long-lasting female actresses who delivers her badass role wonderfully.

She still somehow maintains her femininity, grace and beauty all the while being the greatest female action star ever. I think the thing that's missing from her is the seething hate and bitterness of men and authority - or something. She's a likable character because most or all of the unlikable BS isn't there (at least it's not a dominating, in your face theme).
The reason she's underrated for those performances is because those movies are shit. She probably only did the sequels because her other half was directing them but he basically ruined her career by making her synonymous with that turd of a franchise.

The reason she's underrated for those performances is because those movies are shit. She probably only did the sequels because her other half was directing them but he basically ruined her career by making her synonymous with that turd of a franchise.

I liked them. I don't think they'd have kept making them if they didn't make money too.

I liked them. I don't think they'd have kept making them if they didn't make money too.
I didn't say they didn't make money, obviously they did if they made like 8 sequels. But they're low brow films so of course she's not going to get an Oscar for them.

I didn't say they didn't make money, obviously they did if they made like 8 sequels. But they're low brow films so of course she's not going to get an Oscar for them.

I like a lot of comedy and horror. The majority is rated low and doesn't get awards.

I like a lot of comedy and horror. The majority is rated low and doesn't get awards.
I've come to understand why they're considered low brow, though I also throw in most of the Marvel films in with the Resident Evil movies. Actually I'd probably rather watch Milla Jovovich kill zombies in short shorts for two hours than watch the latest Marvel movie.
b3942de8d76a42309a8f293a77f11c6e.jpg

She didn't exactly have much of a career to ruin. The RE movies are shit, but as far as Milla is concerned, they made her a bigger star, than she would've been without them.

I've come to understand why they're considered low brow, though I also throw in most of the Marvel films in with the Resident Evil movies. Actually I'd probably rather watch Milla Jovovich kill zombies in short shorts for two hours than watch the latest Marvel movie.
b3942de8d76a42309a8f293a77f11c6e.jpg

Same.

She didn't exactly have much of a career to ruin. The RE movies are shit, but as far as Milla is concerned, they made her a bigger star, than she would've been without them.
True, its just that whenever I see actors and actresses make their careers off such roles I often wonder if they could've challenged themselves more. Look at Seth Rogan. The few times he's had to play a character that isn't his standard stoner loser type that he plays in his own movies he does a decent job(Jobs, 50/50). But since he makes bank off the stoner comedies he doesn't care to seek out those roles. Same with Adam Sandler. His own movies are usually shit but he was great in Punch Drunk Love.

Maybe Milla could've been a decent actress who ended up doing a critically acclaimed film but she took the safe route with the RE franchise. Can't blame her, working with your husband must be easier and she probably made a nice chunk of change.

Maybe Milla could've been a decent actress who ended up doing a critically acclaimed film but she took the safe route with the RE franchise. Can't blame her, working with your husband must be easier and she probably made a nice chunk of change.

Of course, but don't forget that she did do a couple of roles in respected movies. She was in Dazed And Confused, and had a pretty prominent role in The Fifth Element.

And being in bad movies doesn't necessarily kill your career and typecasts you. Given the BO success of the RE movies, I wouldn't be surprised if she was offered more meaty roles, based on her proven screen presence. It's possible she just might not want to do much else, and put in the work for other roles though.

Back