Female TV characters are insufferable and ruins everything

giphy.gif

he's half right.
sure, they're fucking obnoxious.
the writers just going for some realism.

boo ya!

I rewatched it recently and kept waiting for Skyler to do whatever it was that made me hate her the first time I watched the show. Got to the end of the show I just felt like an asshole for thinking she was such a terrible person. I like to think I'm above groupthink but that's the only explanation I can think of for hating her so much. I guess maybe the first time around I was more sympathetic towards Walt and saw her as an antagonist as opposed to a victim.
I think the writers deliberately steered us from the beginning to sympathize with Walt while loathing Skylar. Only to slowly turn everything on its head in closing the series. Similar to the Walt/Jesse dynamic

Yes, but it doesn't matter because that show is terrible.
Most experts agree that Ozark is tremendous, particularly the acting, and S2 is even better than S1

Topically relevant:
Alison Foreman of Mashable noted how the female characters are not just "emotional fodder" for the male characters, stating "Season 2 of Netflix's Ozark, however, champions female stories through all 10 of its episodes with an array of women that rivals the ensemble complexity of HBO's The Sopranos."[28]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozark_(TV_series)#Season_2

Most experts agree that Ozark is tremendous, particularly the acting, and S2 is even better than S1

Topically relevant:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozark_(TV_series)#Season_2

Those experts are clearly insane.

The show was written by and for imbeciles.

I love many of the people involved and really wanted to liked it, in fact I liked how it started, but then it went completely off the rails. It was like they had a really great writing team for the pilot who were eaten by sharks before they could complete the season.

Those experts are clearly insane.

The show was written by and for imbeciles.

I love many of the people involved and really wanted to liked it, in fact I liked how it started, but then it went completely off the rails. It was like they had a really great writing team for the pilot who were eaten by sharks before they could complete the season.
{<doc}

So, the premise of the OP suggests the best TV shows are the ones with NO female characters, or the best TV shows would have been better with NO female characters.

Brilliant.

What? Who gives a shit about tv? Don't let it get to you ts, you're too precious...

I hated Skylar White too but I begin to sympathize with her in the final season. Same with her klepto sister. Walt left so much destruction and misery in his path.

Carmella Soprano has no business on that list. She was fantastic the entire series. She wasn't perfect but she knew what time it was.

I appreciate that I'm in the minority and most people really enjoy the show.

I felt that Breaking Bad completely jumped the shark in the last couple of seasons while most people praised it as the greatest show of all time, awarding it unprecedented iMDB scores.

I thought the writing was aimless and random in Ozark, just as I thought the writing in Breaking Bad was falling apart under pressure of popularity and desperate pandering.

Both of these shows were incredibly entertaining and Breaking Bad in particular had moments of brilliance, but the writing was fundamentally flawed and inconsistent.

I appreciate that I'm in the minority and most people really enjoy the show.

I felt that Breaking Bad completely jumped the shark in the last couple of seasons while most people praised it as the greatest show of all time, awarding it unprecedented iMDB scores.

I thought the writing was aimless and random in Ozark, just as I thought the writing in Breaking Bad was falling apart under pressure of popularity and desperate pandering.

Both of these shows were incredibly entertaining and Breaking Bad in particular had moments of brilliance, but the writing was fundamentally flawed and inconsistent.
Well you're a The Wire nuthugger so this checks out

i'd rather avoid looking like an incel and talk about the badass chicks currently on the tv; like olivia benson (svu), olivia pope (scandal), dragon girl (game of thrones), arya stark (game of thrones), etc. or in the past: scully (x-files), seven of nine (voyager), river (firefly), kate austen (lost), kara (battlestar galactica), etc.

Yeah let’s take women off f all shows and have a sausage party. S
May as well go back to the good old days where all female acting roles were played by dudes in drag.

It is a sad sign of the state of things that this topic actually got to 4 pages and someone didn't just reply to OP with the Daddario nude scene and kill this thread.

Skyler White is the only really annoying character out of those although i dont recognise all of them.

Dexters sister was great.

Don't you think you're being biased toward women?

But you're right... Skyler White was one of the worst of all time! But you'll still find motherfuckers caping for her.

I personally dont like the main character from "The Killing". I mean Ffs, her performance is dry and monotonous, and she's such a bitch in the show.
The-Killing-Season-3-Finale1.jpg

Also... I hate the fuckin 120 lb. Girl kicking a dude that looks like the Rock's ass.

I think in part that harms female characters. You know a Male can lose, you can feel empathy, you relate to them. If you see a skinny chick fighting a bodybuilder, you know there is no way she can lose. There is no challenge there and it becomes boring bc she is overpowered.

Back