Female fighters at the "TUF 18: Rousey vs. Zingano" tryout

Reaps

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
If you recognise someone, just jot it down here. So far I think I've seen, from the female side..:

• Jessamyn Duke
  • Shayna Baszler
  • Roxanne Modafferi (!)
  • Kim Couture (!!)
  • Colleen Schneider
  • Tara LaRosa
  • Valerie Letourneau
  • Julie Kedzie

So even if this doesn't turn into TUF: The Real World, there could actually be some solid fights from solid fighters to keep us alll entertained (thankfully)

I was hoping Kerry Vera, Brandon Vera's wife would try out. She was on a reality show called Fight Girls back in the day which she won. She is really one of the better female strikers in the sport, but she hasn't competed in a while, so she might be retired. But I think she would probably outstrike anyone on the show.

Why is Kedzie there, I thought her Strikeforce contract was moved over?

Anyway, I'm rooting for Baszler to make it into the house and win the whole thing.

If you recognise someone, just jot it down here. So far I think I've seen, from the female side..:

• Jessamyn Duke
  • Shayna Baszler
  • Roxanne Modafferi (!)
  • Kim Couture (!!)
  • Colleen Schneider
  • Tara LaRosa
  • Valerie Letourneau
  • Julie Kedzie

So even if this doesn't turn into TUF: The Real World, there could actually be some solid fights from solid fighters to keep us alll entertained (thankfully)

Tonya Evinger was also there. If she makes she will be the favorite IMO.

• Jessamyn Duke
  • Shayna Baszler
  • Roxanne Modafferi (!)
  • Kim Couture (!!)
  • Colleen Schneider
  • Tara LaRosa
  • Valerie Letourneau
  • Julie Kedzie

Roxanne is done, I think. Hasn't she lost, like, 5-6 in a row?
Baszler is interesting. Tara is as well. Not sure who Letourneau is. Kedzie makes sense to just be in the UFC. She's got a rough record, but that Tate fight was godly.

I want to see Alexis Davis in there.
oh wait, she fights in the UFC now

Frank Baca is going to win Mens if he makes it in he's from FIT NHB in Albuquerque here. Also Tim Means g/f is trying out for the females Brenda Gonzalez.

Kedzie is already in the UFC.

Kim Couture is just awful.

I wonder if for the girls, the winner will get an automatic title shot after Cat or something?

Probably not, but there are so few fighters in the division that it would make sense to have the tournament end with a shot.

Why would kim couture even audition? Im pretty sure you have to have a winning record, and 3-7 isnt even close.

Yup, I was surprised to see Roxy and Kim there myself (cue the exclamation points)

I am seriously worried that they might add Kim to the show just to stick it to Randy.

I am seriously worried that they might add Kim to the show just to stick it to Randy.

That thought crossed my mind as well, but it's hard to sell a 3-7 who kept her ex-husbands lastname because it more significant than hers.

edit- nothing to see her. move along, UFC said not to say anything

Last edited:
lol.

66764_10151574774371276_808196593_n.jpg

562550_10151574773366276_1605372834_n.jpg

That thought crossed my mind as well, but it's hard to sell a 3-7 who kept her ex-husbands lastname because it more significant than hers.

I was about to post that the Couture name did wonders for Ryan, but not even that can save just how bad Kim is.

My biggest fear is that they put Kim on the show, spend the whole season focusing on her being the "wife" of Randy and have her go through all kinds of sob stories in the confessional to get sympathy. Then when she inevitably gets her ass kicked within two minutes in her fight, the editors use it as an indirect smear on Randy. I keep telling myself that not even Dana could sell out so badly for such a stupid personal vendetta, but then I remember that we should probably not underestimate how petty Dana can be.

Back