Fellow PS4 owners. How many of you were bent over today?

Not faced any issues, thankfully. There can be no worse update than when Sony made the old PS3 stop reading discs haha, that made me so pissed.

I don't have any of the releases of Sony PS4.

Now that I have read a few of the messages from users complaining about PS4, I think that I made the correct decision.

Now that I have read a few of the messages from users complaining about PS4, I think that I made the correct decision.
Yes, a handful of people having issues compared to the millions who don't.

All the consoles have had issues with updates all you have to do is use google and you'll find tons of people having issues after updates.

Yes, a handful of people having issues compared to the millions who don't.

I actually have to WORK for the money to purchase all of these systems and video games. I would like to have some level of dependability when it comes to systems that cost $100-$600.

Look, it seems to me that Sony Playstation has had a rather good level of dependability since 1994 (at least compared to Microsoft Xbox).

I hope that you are correct when you say that Sony PS4 is worth the money.

All the consoles have had issues with updates all you have to do is use google and you'll find tons of people having issues after updates.

All of the consoles? I doubt that you are also referring to Nintendo Switch and/or Wii U and/or 3DS.

For the most part, Nintendo has had a stellar record when it comes to durability.

To this day, I have a lot of fun with all of my Nintendo and Sony Playstation systems.

I actually have to WORK for the money to purchase all of these systems and video games. I would like to have some level of dependability when it comes to systems that cost $100-$600.

Look, it seems to me that Sony Playstation has had a rather good level of dependability since 1994 (at least compared to Microsoft Xbox).

All of the consoles? I doubt that you are also referring to Nintendo Switch and/or Wii U and/or 3DS.

For the most part, Nintendo has had a stellar record when it comes to durability.

To this day, I have a lot of fun with all of my Nintendo and Sony Playstation systems.

Just googled it and was able to find people having issues after an update. Like I said this is for all consoles to think you're going to update millions of systems across the world and experience no issues is completely and utterly unrealistic.

The Switch is brand new give it some time.

Like I said this is for all consoles to think you're going to update millions of systems across the world and experience no issues is completely and utterly unrealistic.

If I was forced to choose between having updates and never having any updates, I would always choose to have updates (obviously).

To this day, I lament the fact that I have not been able to try out all of the different builds of Super Smash Bros. Melee.

NTSC 1.0

NTSC 1.1

NTSC 1.2

PAL (the continent that is now completely made up of Beta Males [Europe]).

There are considerable differences between all of the different builds.

Of course, none of the differences would have been necessary if there were updates in the year 2001.

Almost every one of my friends that owned a ps2 got the disc read errors on multiple systems.

mine was fine... so annoying everytime i go to play something there are updates to wait for

thats one thing i liked about the wii u, hardly ever had updates. when i wanted to play i could just hope right on

Just googled it and was able to find people having issues after an update. Like I said this is for all consoles to think you're going to update millions of systems across the world and experience no issues is completely and utterly unrealistic.

The Switch is brand new give it some time.
All it has to do is bypass the hardware check and people would be fine.

I've had this PlayStation for a couple years. Everything was working fine. I turned it off last night and this am I turned it on but picture wouldn't appear. I unplugged everything and it worked. However, now I fear to turn off PS4 at all.

Anyone deal with this before?

happens all the fucking time.

also for the record. when you're done using it. put it in sleep mode rather than fully turning it off.

I was thinking of getting a PS4 Pro but it doesn't support SACD playback or CD playback at all. It sounds like it's a minor thing, but I have a PS3 and it does and I have a few SACD CD's that sound insane on a surround sound setup. I just want to swap out one for the other, but if I want the SACD playback, I'll need to keep the PS3 around too. I don't want or really have room for both, so I'm keeping the PS3 for a while.

I honestly don't understand why they couldn't put it in the PS4. I know not many use that functionality, but they are not developing it from scratch. They already have it in the PS3, so just copy that tech and software over.

happens all the fucking time.

also for the record. when you're done using it. put it in sleep mode rather than fully turning it off.
Why is that? I turn it off to save electricity, but if it's damaging to the unit, I'll put it in sleep mode.

Why is that? I turn it off to save electricity, but if it's damaging to the unit, I'll put it in sleep mode.
its better for the console to have some power flowing through it rather than to go completely cold. same goes for your computer. your TV is on sleep mode and nearly never turned off completely. causes a lot of strain to continuously turn off and on.

I've had this PlayStation for a couple years. Everything was working fine. I turned it off last night and this am I turned it on but picture wouldn't appear. I unplugged everything and it worked. However, now I fear to turn off PS4 at all.

Merged here on the chance that you're experiencing the same Blu-Ray Drive + firmware update issue that seems to have caught out a sliver of the PS4-owning community.

that recently started happening to me also

its better for the console to have some power flowing through it rather than to go completely cold. same goes for your computer. your TV is on sleep mode and nearly never turned off completely. causes a lot of strain to continuously turn off and on.
It doesn't cause a lot of strain to turn stuff on and off, this isn't 1970. The only part of a computer/console that you could use that argument for is hard drives. Even then, your spinning rust is still getting turned off and on when you use sleep mode so.....
Sleep vs power off has more to do with your use case. If you're going to use the device again soon, like in the same day, put it to sleep. If you're not going to use it for a couple of days, shut it off.
Tv's are kept in sleep mode because ain't nobody got time to wait 15 seconds for a tv to boot.

It doesn't cause a lot of strain to turn stuff on and off, this isn't 1970. The only part of a computer/console that you could use that argument for is hard drives. Even then, your spinning rust is still getting turned off and on when you use sleep mode so.....
Sleep vs power off has more to do with your use case. If you're going to use the device again soon, like in the same day, put it to sleep. If you're not going to use it for a couple of days, shut it off.
Tv's are kept in sleep mode because ain't nobody got time to wait 15 seconds for a tv to boot.
Look it up

Back