Fellow PS4 owners. How many of you were bent over today?

What is this shit? Overwatch Halloween event is on 10th,there better not be anything getting in the way of that.

I usually wait for a few days to download updates, but when I came home from work today my kid was trying to play on the PS4 and had it downloading. fired up fine after that.

What is this shit? Overwatch Halloween event is on 10th,there better not be anything getting in the way of that.
Ya, they better unfuck themselves before next Tuesday. I've been leveling and arcade moding to get as much currency as I can. Dat new Reaper skin<20>

Well, it looks like the update effects the blu ray drive. My blu ray drive ate shit a few months in from purchase. Seems those having the issue have a bad blu ray drive.

No issues here. Did not even know there was a problem. Damn, feel lucky now.

What add'l functionality does the update provide?

I plug my PS4 into a UPS to be safe, so hopefully less chances of bricking if power outage.

The forum thread keeps growing and Sony isn't responding. This is becoming very upsetting.

I updated mine without issue thankfully.

What does it have to do with the DVD drive?

I updated mine without issue thankfully.

What does it have to do with the DVD drive?
Supposedly has to scan the drive during installation prep and if there is an issue it will fail to install the patch.

I did notice that I had to login again and it was giving all these tips like it was my first time using the account. Thankfully nothing was broken so I could play the SWBF2 beta.

Booted mine up last night. Update installed on it's own, no issues.

mine updated yesterday but when I turned it on today I had to agree to some shit the update my viewing shit now it's telling me to listen to rap. Nowhere in my music playlist is any of that shit good job Playstation on screwing up my day. Now to go listen to some Reckless to calm myself down

Supposedly has to scan the drive during installation prep and if there is an issue it will fail to install the patch.
Weird. I wonder why they added something like that to the update if it's never been necessary before.

PS4 Pro doesn't have a blue ray drive so I guess this will only affect regular PS4 consoles.

Thread keeps growing, still no response. Hoping they are working on it.

Glad I haven't turned on the ps4 in a couple of days.. I hate sketchy updates.

Haven’t turned on my PS4 in over a month. I’m good.

Only response to the several complaints states it will probably take several weeks to release a patch. Fucking Sony. I really don't want to miss the Halloween event for overwatch.

As an aside to this, has anyone's wifi on the ps4 been getting worse? I do not know if it is the wifi, or just the apps (hulu, hbogo, etc) but I get a ton of buffering and loading issues, and it has been going on for awhile now.

Back