Fellow Billionaire and Friend Breaks with Trump on Wall

Let's do the crackdown first, as it will not cost 20 billion dollars, and also will not completely torpedo our diplomatic relations with out southern neighbor.

If they have a problem with us keeping out illegals then fuck them.

And a wall/fence will help slow the drugs crossing.

look at me, we are public opinion now

WzKQNoi.gif

enVolve-POLL-trump-or-media.jpg
You do know that graphic is fake, and the real results of that poll are pretty much even, right?

Your graphic could only be believed by the innattentive or the stupid. Look at the bottom of the picture, do you really think he has the trust of 92% of women? <45>

If they have a problem with us keeping out illegals then fuck them.

And a wall/fence will help slow the drugs crossing.
Except it costs 20 billion to build, who's gonna pay for it? You? Mexico sure ain't going to. Who's going to pay to staff that wall? Wouldn't that be growing the federal government?

Not to mention that building that wall + deporting hispanics would completely destroy our agricultural industry. Personally, I don't want to pay $8 for a gallon of milk.

Except it costs 20 billion to build, who's gonna pay for it? You? Mexico sure ain't going to. Who's going to pay to staff that wall? Wouldn't that be growing the federal government?

Not to mention that building that wall + deporting hispanics would completely destroy our agricultural industry. Personally, I don't want to pay $8 for a gallon of milk.

Well have a process to allow agricultural workers in. And the plan should not be to deport all of them, like I said.

And illegals cost us more then that yearly.

Well have a process to allow agricultural workers in. And the plan should not be to deport all of them, like I said.

And illegals cost us more then that yearly.

How exactly do illegals cost us more than that? We make money off of them, since most of them work and pay taxes, but don't receive any benefits.

We aren't deporting Hispanics. We are deporting illegals. What's the problem?

Out of curiosity, do you know what a gallon of milk or a head of lettuce costs in Australia?

Also, how many illegal immigrants are in Australia?

We aren't deporting Hispanics. We are deporting illegals. What's the problem?
That most of our agricultural workers are "illegals". I went to high school with a girl who's dad had a multi million dollar potato farming contract with Frito Lay. The people in charge of the ground level stuff were Americans. Everyone else? Not so much.

This isn't just anecdotal, either. Use google, check for yourself. You xenophobes may get what you want, but if you do, your quality of life will go down and the money in your pocket will have less purchasing power.

How exactly do illegals cost us more than that? We make money off of them, since most of them work and pay taxes, but don't receive any benefits.

Well start with anchor babies, then schools and health care.

Out of curiosity, do you know what a gallon of milk or a head of lettuce costs in Australia?

Also, how many illegal immigrants are in Australia?
No, and no. It doesn't matter though. Here in America, there are large numbers of illegals doing most of our agricultural work, and they do it cheaply. If there were massive deportations, farmers would have to replace them, and their replacements would cost more. Not to mention the fact that the wall would have real impact on our trade relations with Mexico, which would also drive up the cost of food.

That most of our agricultural workers are "illegals". I went to high school with a girl who's dad had a multi million dollar potato farming contract with Frito Lay. The people in charge of the ground level stuff were Americans. Everyone else? Not so much.

This isn't just anecdotal, either. Use google, check for yourself. You xenophobes may get what you want, but if you do, your quality of life will go down and the money in your pocket will have less purchasing power.

I have worked with migrants doing farm work and they were here legally because the US gives out H-2A's for that and I don't have any problem with that.

Well start with anchor babies, then schools and health care.
WTF is an anchor baby? No such thing. If a baby is born here, they are American. That's how it is, that's how it has always been.

And we do NOT spend 20 billion annually educating and doctoring illegals. Show some evidence of your claim, and maybe we can talk. No Fox News buzzwords, please. That shit is for navel gazers and the elderly.

I have worked with migrants doing farm work and they were here legally because the US gives out H-2A's for that and I don't have any problem with that.
So you think that the majority all have their papers in order, huh?

I would disagree. And seriously, if all the people working are working legally, then where does the "they are taking our jobs" rhetoric come from?

No, and no. It doesn't matter though. Here in America, there are large numbers of illegals doing most of our agricultural work, and they do it cheaply. If there were massive deportations, farmers would have to replace them, and their replacements would cost more. Not to mention the fact that the wall would have real impact on our trade relations with Mexico, which would also drive up the cost of food.

So how does the island continent of Australia pull it off?? How are they able to keep the prices of fruits, vegetables and other (homegrown) agricultural products about the same or lower than prices in the States?

So how does the island continent of Australia pull it off?? How are they able to keep the prices of fruits, vegetables and other (homegrown) agricultural products about the same or lower than prices in the States?
By setting up a trade and agricultural system that supports it?

We are past that point here. We might be able to get it there, but it would take a few years and in the meantime, the price of food here would skyrocket.

Look, I'm not trying to argue that the way we do it is right. I'm trying to talk from a standpoint of what is actually happening, as opposed to some idealised version of what could be.

BTW, your sig is awesome.

WTF is an anchor baby? No such thing. If a baby is born here, they are American. That's how it is, that's how it has always been.

And we do NOT spend 20 billion annually educating and doctoring illegals. Show some evidence of your claim, and maybe we can talk. No Fox News buzzwords, please. That shit is for navel gazers and the elderly.

Yes anchor babies are a real thing and they would not be born here if their parents were not here illegally, so that would be money saved.

Here is a a link and there can only be estimates.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-says-illegal-immigration-costs-113-bi/

I'm tired of people telling us that other country's citizens should have free run of OUR country because it might offend the rest of the world if we don't let it go on.

What balls the rest of the world has to tell us how we should control our borders and security.

It just goes to show how the rest of the world has been shitting on us when the entire planet goes into panic when we want to fix our economy and immigration. Why does it seem every other country's prosperity depends on American mediocrity?

Last edited:

So I should support people getting taken advantage of to keep the carrots I buy a certain price? No thanks.

Yes anchor babies are a real thing and they would not be born here if their parents were not here illegally, so that would be money saved.

Here is a a link and there can only be estimates.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-says-illegal-immigration-costs-113-bi/

Yeah, it looks like they are speculating a lot and there aren't firm figures for most of it. That's okay though. Thanks for the info. I still think you are asking for something and you may not like the end result if it happens. We are talking about millions of people, the vast majority of whom work and make an honest living. Rapidly pushing these people out of the work force would have large effects on our economy, from both a supply standpoint and a consumption standpoint.

Not to mention the cost of maintaining, repairing, and staffing that wall. It seems large, unwieldy, and unneccessary when you could have nealry the same effect simply by enforcing laws that already exists.

Back