Fellow Billionaire and Friend Breaks with Trump on Wall

O

Overtures

Jorge Pérez has spoken out against Trump's plans to build a wall, saying it would be immoral. Trump and Pérez are former business partners, both working in real estate. Pérez is, of course, an immigrant himself. He fled Cuba as a child. He made his fortune investing in the Miami skyline (which is kind of ugly), and he rebounded from losing a billion dollars just like Trump.

From the WSJ article:

In mid-December, Mr. Pérez received an email from Mr. Trump, which was reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, with an attachment showing a photo of a border fence near San Diego. On the photo was a message written in uppercase: “Any interest in building a 2,000 mile wall—30’ high—between U.S.A. and Mexico? Call me.”

Few entrepreneurs who have disagreed with Mr. Trump have as rich a history with the president as Mr. Pérez. The two have been friends for more than a decade, and Mr. Pérez’s company developed a Trump-branded condo project in Hollywood, Fla., and was involved with Mr. Trump in real-estate deals in Sunny Isles Beach and West Palm Beach, Fla., in Mexico and in South America. Both men have discussed their friendship in interviews and public statements.

“The one person who could teach me something about real estate is Jorge Pérez,” Mr. Trump wrote in the foreword to Mr. Pérez’s 2008 real-estate how-to book, Powerhouse Principles. “He dares to dream, and he makes those dreams real. The result has changed lives, and cities.”

My opposition to the wall is holistic. There's not any one aspect that I find especially offensive. But taken together, the downsides are too strong in number. It's a one-dimensional answer to a multi-dimensional problem. It's excessive and blunt when we need subtlety and precision.

I disagree with the symbolism of building a 30-foot wall across 2,000 miles of land. Here on Sherdog, symbolism doesn't carry much weight. Why would it? It's the currency of SJW, and its effects can't be measured in data points or monetary units. We prefer charts that show us how many people were killed by blacks or Muslims, how many jobs were lost or gained in a given year, raw data that we can react to emotionally without context. However, symbolism matters.

A massive wall along the border sends a clear message of aggression to the citizens of the U.S. and Mexico. I'd hazard to guess that such a message will only lead to weakened race relations, higher levels of paranoia, increased anxiety, and more social turmoil across the board.

Obama was bad for race relations because he didn't talk tough on BLM and violence against men and women in blue. Trump wants to build a $30,000,000,000 wall across the entire border and the same people who criticized Obama on race relations are silent.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-frie...er-speaks-out-against-donald-trump-1487509200

Fuck Jorge Perez.

Trump runs things now.

That's the way many Trump supporters seem to feel about anyone that disagrees with something Trump does or wants.

Yes Tyron. If somebody told you how to handle your bitch at home, you wouldn't bend over like a homosexual and let them tell you. You'd let them know you run your girl and nobody else.

what does he suggest, light rail system, free uber?

you guys post the stupidest shit

Yes Tyron. If somebody told you how to handle your bitch at home, you wouldn't bend over like a homosexual and let them tell you. You'd let them know you run your girl and nobody else.
My bad, didn't know you were Trump's bitch. Proceed accordingly then, ma'am.

My bad, didn't know you were Trump's bitch. Proceed accordingly then, ma'am.

Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America.

I would have paid money to see your reaction when it was announced.

<18><18><18><18><18>

So he supports illegal immigration. Well that's why he doesn't want the wall built because it would make it harder to get in illegally and it might hurt the feelings of illegals trying to get in.

Makes sense.

Guess what I know a Cuban that came here legally and he supports the wall.

I disagree with the symbolism of building a 30-foot wall across 2,000 miles of land. Here on Sherdog, symbolism doesn't carry much weight. Why would it? It's the currency of SJW, and its effects can't be measured in data points or monetary units. We prefer charts that show us how many people were killed by blacks or Muslims, how many jobs were lost or gained in a given year, raw data that we can react to emotionally without context. However, symbolism matters.

A massive wall along the border sends a clear message of aggression to the citizens of the U.S. and Mexico. I'd hazard to guess that such a message will only lead to weakened race relations, higher levels of paranoia, increased anxiety, and more social turmoil across the board.

Obama was bad for race relations because he didn't talk tough on BLM and violence against men and women in blue. Trump wants to build a $30,000,000,000 wall across the entire border and the same people who criticized Obama on race relations are silent.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-frie...er-speaks-out-against-donald-trump-1487509200
symbolism is gay

So he supports illegal immigration. Well that's why he doesn't want the wall built because it would make it harder to get in illegally and it might hurt the feelings of illegals trying to get in.

Makes sense.

Guess what I know a Cuban that came here legally and he supports the wall.
Do you really think it costs the US (by any measure) more the way it is now to deal with illegal entry from Mexico than it will cost to build this dumb wall? And then, do you really think that will make the problem go away so no more resources need to be devoted to it? I think smart people realize it will take a far greater toll on the American people to continue with this ridiculous idea than to abandon it asap and that is why the current Republican narrative is to suggest they didn't think Trump intended to go ahead with an "actual wall."

Do you really think it costs the US (by any measure) more the way it is now to deal with illegal entry from Mexico than it will cost to build this dumb wall? And then, do you really think that will make the problem go away so no more resources need to be devoted to it? I think smart people realize it will take a far greater toll on the American people to continue with this ridiculous idea than to abandon it asap and that is why the current Republican narrative is to suggest they didn't think Trump intended to go ahead with an "actual wall."

Wall, better fences or whatever is necessary tor secure the border as well as possible.

That's just the first step, the next is going after business that knowingly hire illegals. We need to fine them so high it all but will break them.

Is Jorge Perez a _______-American? Or an American-American?

Wall, better fences or whatever is necessary tor secure the border as well as possible.

That's just the first step, the next is going after business that knowingly hire illegals. We need to fine them so high it all but will break them.

Let's do the bolded first and let's see what happens..........................

Back