Felix Verdejo returns from layoff, Jose Pedraza debuts for Top Rank on undercard

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Puerto Rican lightweights Felix Verdejo and Jose "Sniper" Pedraza are indeed on a collision course, as Top Rank chairman Bob Arum suggested last week after signing Pedraza to a promotional contract, the buildup to that potential fight will begin next week.

Top Rank announced on Tuesday that in addition to Verdejo returning from a 13-month layoff caused mainly by injuries, Pedraza will make his debut with the company when they appear in separate bouts on March 17 at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/22672118/felix-verdejo-jose-pedraza-espn-top-rank-undercard

I’m looking forward to Verdejo’s return. I’m very exited about a potential rematch with him and Lomachenko in the professional arena (but BA may never allow that fight... wouldn’t be the first time...).

Last edited:
Bob Arum also has Top Rank Puerto Ricans - Joseph Adorno, Christopher Diaz, and Jose Gonzalez fighting on that card.

He must be kicking himself that he wasnt able to grab June 9th NYC Puerto Rican Day weekend, because Showtime took that date.

He reserved MSG Theater for June 16th, so you can bet Pitufo Diaz, Verdejo, Pedraza, Gonzalez, and Adorno will be fighting on that ESPN card

I’m looking forward to Verdejo’s return. I’m very exited about a potential rematch with him and Lomachenko in the professional arena (but BA may never allow that fight... wouldn’t be the first time...).
Verdejo was basically a kid fighting the best amateur and held his own, although right now I think Loma toys with Verdejo, he’s really fallen off the map, even his other rival Valdez has moved on.

Verdejo was basically a kid fighting the best amateur and held his own, although right now I think Loma toys with Verdejo, he’s really fallen off the map, even his other rival Valdez has moved on.

I see your point, and that’s unfortunate... Yet, there is always someone out there who may have your number regardless... And I believe to stop Loma’s offensive, you need the left hook instinctively ready to attack head and/or body to discourage Loma’s matrix move (as Verdejo did once; it doesn’t have to be as strong as Tito’s hook to frustrate Loma, and see how the latter adapts and changes fight plans)... interesting to say the least...

Back