Feints into overhands?

dudeguyman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Suggestions, clips? Feints you like to use? Feints into overhands that worked on you? Striking and grappling feints are cool.

The jab-feint use by Canelo above was beautiful.

I've used the right hook to the body to set it up before while boxing with decent success.

In muay thai, I like to use it if I see my opponent using his right hand to parry my left teep.

To be honest, regardless of the style, it depends on who ur sparring or fighting. U just need to look for what shots make them move their protecting hand down or forward. When u see that, u have ur set-up.

I like the double jab to overhand or if you have the timing down you can throw an overhand after "lulling" your opponent into a slower pace then exploding off rhythm iv had a lot of success with that. I also saw a feint single leg into an overhand and it won the fight. I use a full body feint to get a reaction (9/10 jab or cross) pop out 45° then use the spring to explode back in with the overhand

Im a manlet so overhands is kinda my thang

I second the double jab to overhand. At the lower levels it works so well on people who stand tall.

Also easy to execute

Should be said that Canelo was hammering that body with right hooks up till that point and used khans "knowledge" of patterns against him. the KO shot was one of the first rights to the head he threw in the fight. which leads to good points
1. use the body to set up shots to the heads (jab-body jab...jab-lower level-overhand)
2. Dont spam the shot you are trying to set up or it will be seen coming (if youre missing its for a reason dont chalk it up to chance)

jab at their lead arm. if they aren't an experienced boxer they might start reacting to the jab with the wrong hand then you throw the right.

Last edited:
Double jab to body then overhand.

Yoel used a triple jab i think to ko luke rockhold

Back