Feeling like shit today, is it my workout yesterday?

sirtapsalot

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Yesterday I was all over the place and had no time to to go to the gym. so I put all the weights that would fit on my little bar (around 130kg total) in my yard. Every time I passed it I deadlifted it once. by the end of the day I had something like 30x 1 done and didn't feel fatigued at all.

Wokeup feeling awful, sore head, every joint feeling sore, feeling very weak and cold no matter how warm the house is. I had a lot of stuff to do and this didn't help.

Was it the fault of my lifting or unrelated, you guys seem to be well informed

Sounds like symptoms of herpes. Banged any unclean hooahs lately?

Yesterday I was all over the place and had no time to to go to the gym. so I put all the weights that would fit on my little bar (around 130kg total) in my yard. Every time I passed it I deadlifted it once. by the end of the day I had something like 30x 1 done and didn't feel fatigued at all.

Wokeup feeling awful, sore head, every joint feeling sore, feeling very weak and cold no matter how warm the house is. I had a lot of stuff to do and this didn't help.

When you train that manner you can do alot more then normal. Although ot sounds like you might be sick. Even if you didn't feel it yesterday your immune system might have been fighting it and when your body also needed to heal its muscles. It might have just been to much. Just listen to your body and lay the fuck down, drink a bunch of water to flush your system and eat some healthy food.

what's your DL max?

what's your DL max?
my 1 rep max is 165kg 130 was easy. I've been staying at my mother in laws, just home now. I felt terrible the whole time though I now know of was some sort of sickness as I infected everyone else!
When you train that manner you can do alot more then normal. Although ot sounds like you might be sick. Even if you didn't feel it yesterday your immune system might have been fighting it and when your body also needed to heal its muscles. It might have just been to much. Just listen to your body and lay the fuck down, drink a bunch of water to flush your system and eat some healthy food.

I lay down as much as possible but there was a tonne of crap needing built at 3am Christmas eve. I tried to follow this advice as much as possible and it helped, thanks

It's teh AIDS.
Write your will and lay down to die.
It's coming.

<LynchWink>

When I overtrain, and like run 30 minutes or 1 hour than try to weight lift or hit the heavy bag all in one day, I tend to wake up feeling sick (hot body temperature, stuff nose, totally lethargic, mental state really foggy).

usually happens when I try to go insane at the gym and over do it, funny enough as you stated, sometimes I will feel "good" during it but wake up feeling like a truck hit me the next day.

The more I been lifting/training over the years though has taught me what some of my limits are.

Deadlifting like that is pretty taxing. How much reps in total do you normally deadlift in one day.

The total tonnage (weight x reps) is generally pretty low when it comes to deadlifting, unless you have built a high tolerance by slowly increasing the frequency you DL

Deadlifting like that is pretty taxing. How much reps in total do you normally deadlift in one day.

The total tonnage (weight x reps) is generally pretty low when it comes to deadlifting, unless you have built a high tolerance by slowly increasing the frequency you DL

I usually deadlift on a Monday and Friday. Monday is my heavy day I do a set of 5 then singles. Friday I do a pyramid starting light and getting heavier 10 8 6 5 3 1. I alternate using the normal bar and the odly shaped bar. Does anyone know how much these weigh? it seems heavier but easier to lift.

I usually deadlift on a Monday and Friday. Monday is my heavy day I do a set of 5 then singles. Friday I do a pyramid starting light and getting heavier 10 8 6 5 3 1. I alternate using the normal bar and the odly shaped bar. Does anyone know how much these weigh? it seems heavier but easier to lift.

If you mean the trap, or hex bar, mine is 27kg to my olympic bars 20kg. Ask the gym.

If you mean the trap, or hex bar, mine is 27kg to my olympic bars 20kg. Ask the gym.

googled it, it is a hex/trap bar. 27 feels about right, thanks. nobody works in my gym usually, you use your fingerprint to get in.

Back