Fedor's Takedown Game Gifs!

rawpower

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've counted 25 takedowns for his fights up until the Brett Rogers Fight.

• 19 Throws are from either over-under or double under hooks.
  • 2 Takedowns are hip tosses.
  • 2 Takedowns are knee taps.
  • 1 Takedown is a double leg.

Of the over-under or double under throws:

• 6 are a type of upper body throw
  • 5 are a type of bodylock or suplex
  • 4 are outside trips
  • 2 are inside trips
  • 2 are a knee grab variation of what I would call an ankle pick

Upper Body Throws
oie_23152237hYLRTiGB.gif

oie_23152556OAFXnBjy.gif

oie_23153389OmQMOYM.gif

12+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Semmy+Schilt_xvid_004.gif

15+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Egidijus+Valavicius_xvid_006.gif

Last edited:
No one in MMA has really put together striking and takedown like Fedor did. There's nobody that moves like him.

Sweet thread. The slams on herring were always my favorite. edit ^^^ and that one with the sweet leg kick setup; now that's a power double.

Awesome, awesome, awesome thread. Thank you a lot for this work and these gifs. Really put his throws into perspective.

And yes, that double leg is beastly as hell lol. Would have been cool to see him use them more, although fighters can learn a lot from his upper body throws.

Great thread. You really gotta punch and committ to those TD's and be strong as a damn ox.

Great thread.

Nice change of pace from the usual retardation found on this forum.

Thanks TS.

Great thread. You really gotta punch and committ to those TD's and be strong as a damn ox.

Yeah.

Someone like Anderson is like an assassin with pinpoint accuracy, amazing finesse and great technique. Don't get me wrong, Fedor did have great technique, but he was more like an explosive bear :D Ragdolling people left and right.

The way he threw Nog around in their third fight was truly a thing of beauty. I kept that event on Tivo for YEARS, just so I could watch those punch/takedown combinations in slow motion over and over again. Thanks for taking the time to put together this thread.

Yeah.

Someone like Anderson is like an assassin with pinpoint accuracy, amazing finesse and great technique. Don't get me wrong, Fedor did have great technique, but he was more like an explosive bear :D Ragdolling people left and right.

His training is a testament to that. His conditioning training made me stick to my 9-5. He really knew how to use his strength, technique or both when he needed to. AS doesnt really have takedowns like that. He has knockdowns. BJJ mma fighters should really watch more Fedor tape because we are seeeing high level bjj guys get into striking matches because it seems like they cant get their takedowns off. Fedor is the man.

I find his takedown strategy really interesting from the double underhook body lock, and I never noticed his preference for this before. He likes that position, but unlike most people, he doesn't seem to like to finish with a trip when he has double underhooks and locks the hands. He does a lift and rotation, then brings his weight down. It's really not a like a suplex or suplex attempt, seems to be a lot more tiring than an outside trip (or ko-soto gari if you prefer). Any thoughts on this?

Back