Fedor was asked who's the best fighter ever in post press

ThiefofSouls

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Guess who he said? CAIN.

MMA Goat recognizes UFC Goat. All that shit over past few years people saying Stipe is the best are out of their fucking minds. Cain would mollywop Stipe.

Fedor is so humble. Fedor is GOAT. Cain is a top notch UFC fighter.

The reason why he said this is that Cain size and style is very similar to him. I saw a video once that was originally broadcast in Russia Fedor admitted that he does not watch videos of fighters who he is about to face but he did try to watch fights with Cain in them. This was after Cain mauled Big Nog in the UFC. He even got them to travel to Russia including Daniel Cormier where they ran a clinic for local MMA clubs around Russia. Cain went to meet Fedor at Strikeforce where they took a number of photos as you can see they are even similar in size.

Screen-Shot-2015-09-22-at-11.20.25-AM.png

Here is a photo from one of the clinics they ran in Russia Daniel unlike Cain most times was acting like a big brother to the Russia students. It was really nice watching Daniel work with the students. It seemed like each one got to get Daniel to throw them around.

hqdefault.jpg

EDIT: The video

Last edited:
He was just being polite. He's very humble. deep down inside he knows that he's the GOAT, but obviously he's not gonna say it.

I'd say Crocop or DC, but that's only #2 behind Fedor. Honestly I don't think he even watches past a casual level which surprisingly doesn't bother me in this case.

Cain Velasquez.......the guy who has fought 3 times in the last 5 years and who spent the period of Nov 2011 to May 2015, fighting only two opponents (JDS & Bigfoot).....yeah that sure is GOAT status in my books.

I get that Fedor is showing respect, but he's wrong and it's a ridiculous statement.

We saw Cain gas out when not at "sea level" against Werdum.

I see prime Fedor beating that Cain in the standup.

He said this out of respect for Cain as a fighter. Yes Cain has not fought much in sometime. He got hurt apparently bad enough he has not been able to train at the levels he feels he needs to be at to fight guys like Stipe. When he fought Werdum he seemed off in that fight even taking into account the location. He has not fought with the same intensity of some of his early fights tells me he not being open about the extent of the problem. As GSP and others have pointed out your almost never injured in this sport because of the level of training and little time to recover. Cain I bet goes out full boar everytime he walks into the gym.

Cain Velasquez.......the guy who has fought 3 times in the last 5 years and who spent the period of Nov 2011 to May 2015, fighting only two opponents (JDS & Bigfoot).....yeah that sure is GOAT status in my books.

I get that Fedor is showing respect, but he's wrong and it's a ridiculous statement.
I don't know if it's still the case but Fedor previously said he doesn't watch many fights, he probably just saw how easily he smashed Bigfoot and Big Nog.

Regardless he can recognise and appreciate Cain's skills and ability in the fights he did have. Not fighting as often as you'd like doesn't diminish the skillset he had

I don't know if it's still the case but Fedor previously said he doesn't watch many fights, he probably just saw how easily he smashed Bigfoot and Big Nog.

Regardless he can recognise and appreciate Cain's skills and ability in the fights he did have. Not fighting as often as you'd like doesn't diminish the skillset he had

Sure he's talented and showed flashes of greatness during the fights he did show up to. But you can't call someone the best of all time with a record like that. Cain wasted his prime and we'll never know what he could have done...

Yeah Fedor is humble, of course he wasn't say " myself " especially at 42 and since he never cared about that kind of consideration.

To me Fedor is GOAT but Cain and DC are clearly the 2 best HW GOATs cadidates ( and not necessarily in that order :) )...

Sure he's talented and showed flashes of greatness during the fights he did show up to. But you can't call someone the best of all time with a record like that. Cain wasted his prime and we'll never know what he could have done...

I think he is just judging from what he saw on his " skill ceiling", not on his career..
I'm pretty sure Fedor doesn't even know what Cain record's is LOL

Lol, Cain is nowhere near HW GOAT.....he is bottom top 10...

Back