FEDOR WAS ALWAYS OVERRATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's Fedor? Fedor hasn't competed in 10 years. That man walking into the cage is not Fedor lmfao let's be honest.

20170624090644_1DX_3030.JPG

Agreed.

The 'he's 40" counter argument loses merit when you factor he started to shit the bed at 33

I look at Fedor's decline as having more to do with his fighting style than having to do with some type of countdown clock we all have once we leave the Model T factory. Fedor's style relied heavily on his reflexes, explosiveness, and power, and he fought and won on the razors for a lot of years taking risks that modern fighters are now trained not to. When those things slowed in his early 30's, he became vulnerable trying to fight the way he always had. And another variable is injuries, which Fedor spoke of in his interview with "The Voice" as starting to affect him following the Tim Sylvia fight. Again, some fighting styles allow one to overcome injuries, but Fedor let it all hang out, and eventually age and injuries slowed him to the point that he let it all hang out there too long and guys could start capitalizing on opportunities that were not there before. The last variable is training, and with Fedor being cloistered the way he is, doesn't seem to have kept up with the rest of the MMA world, and fixing one's holes, and learning new skills and strategy are things that can't be neglected, especially for a guy who is slowing down and isn't as strong and explosive as he once was.

He's the only fighter in mma i've ever seen in mma where I thought to myself nobody stood a chance against him. he's the goat. these past few years does not destroy all his previous past accomplishments.

He's the only fighter in mma i've ever seen in mma where I thought to myself nobody stood a chance against him. he's the goat. these past few years does not destroy all his previous past accomplishments.

The young Jon Jones who destroyed Shogun, would have murdered Fedor too. At least Shogun never backed away from a fight.

The young Jon Jones who destroyed Shogun, would have murdered Fedor too. At least Shogun never backed away from a fight.

It would be an interesting fight. Fedor is far more proven though. I'd take a prime fedor over a prime jones because Fedor has beaten far too many amazing fighters.

Nah. He's the MMA GOAT. Crazy how he declined much faster than his peers though with similar mileage and level of comp, and I don't mean a slight decline, like from GOAT to not even top 15. He's been done for many years now. Quite a few fighters from his era are still elite with similar amounts of fights.

He was also competing at combat sambo.

Thank you sensei. And I'm sure you were giving the same talk to Fedor fans photoshopping Anderson's broken leg and adopting the anti-PED stance after Jones popped to discredit him.

Cry me a river.
Anderson is a cheat, deal with it. And his record for the last 5 years is laughable too

Didn't he back away from Glover when offered the fight ?

2010's Fedor is a joke, no one disagree on this at least.

Fedor´s haters are losers who dont know shit about fighting.
As simple as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back