Fedor vs. Zulu at Pride Shockwave 2005 was the first MMA Super Fight!

Fedor fought people who lowered their confidence because they were bigger than fedor. Fedors wins are all psychological. Maldonado almost beat fedor because he went full force on the smaller man.
You must be jokin', M8.

Maldonado? What's next, bring up how Ali got washed by Trevor Berbick? Sadly, Fedor should have stayed retired but as is the case with all popular prize fighters, they can't say no to the money. Nothing is permanent in this life, everything is transient, including GOAT fighter's primes. Fedor reigned for a decade and beat everything they put in front of him, at a time where all the talent was concentrated in Pride. Also sadly is the smear campaign waged against him by Zuffa, Dana, Rogan and all the Zuffabots.

Fedor always competed at a massive disadvantage and always won.

I love fedor and to me he is top 3 OAT, but alot of those fights where he was outsized were not notable victories. Alot of those dudes were absolute cans, and couldn't fight for their lives. And if JDS, Cain, Stipe, and etc... fought those dudes they wouldve taken them out.

The Zulu dude is a bum and beat up dudes half his size. If you put JDS in there he wouldve taken him out in the same fashion as fedor and everyone would say "Wow look he took out the bigger man", but in reality it was a bigger man who had zero skills.

Same goes for Choi-Hong Man, Ogawa (even though he medalled in judo), Nagata, and etc...

You must be jokin', M8.

Maldonado? What's next, bring up how Ali got washed by Trevor Berbick? Sadly, Fedor should have stayed retired but as is the case with all popular prize fighters, they can't say no to the money. Nothing is permanent in this life, everything is transient, including GOAT fighter's primes. Fedor reigned for a decade and beat everything they put in front of him, at a time where all the talent was concentrated in Pride. Also sadly is the smear campaign waged against him by Zuffa, Dana, Rogan and all the Zuffabots.
Roy nelson...big nog...arlovski all outlasted fedor.

Why? Because they are better and more legit fighters. They continued to win past their primes in face of adversity.

Fedor lost because he was exposed and couldnt out trick his opponesnts anymore. He couldnt take a hit against the new age of fighters.

And im a fedor fan!

You must be jokin', M8.

lets say you are fedor, waaay out of your prime ... ok. would you still fight? he earned 2-3 millions of dollars last year. i would even fight for 50k dollars man
[<cena1}

The only reason they are that much bigger is the HW class goes from 206 to 265. Fedor was the GOAT for awhe with quality wins over cro cop big nog but when it came time to step up he bitched out and claimed it was about money. Every other legit pride fighter went to UFC after the aquisition except Fedor. He didn't want the drug tests and demanded more money than any fighter ever. He tainted his own legacy by bitching up when I came to the big show. Shogun Big Nog Rampage Hendo all went on to do great things in the UFC but Fedor bitched out
And only douchebags say noob. I've been a member since 97 so take that shit some where else
Here since 97, eh, buddeh? So why can't you get your facts straight?

Fedor wanted to avoid the drug tests of the UFC? Do you even history, bro?

Fedor was definitely hooked up with shady characters, in Millen and Finklestein, but the reasons for him not coming to the UFC were none that you listed, and solely owing to those that Fedor's handlers wanted M-1 to copromote alongside UFC. And, said shady characters are certainly no less shady than Dana and the mob affiliated Fertittas. UFC offered the money but that was not the concern, it was co-promotion; the difference between 'giving a man a fish and buying him one'. Sure Hendo and all your listed fighters went to the UFC but that is because non were the commodities of Fedor and as a result, had a much more accomplishable price tag.

Sadly, it looks like you fell for the Zuffa bait, hook, line and sinker. So, is Igor lessened too, owing to the fact he never competed in the UFC? Is Ali lessened, because he, like all GOAT's, grew old and stayed around past his prime. The point is, Fedor ruled for a decade, fought and beat everyone that was relevant at the time and did so without ever cutting weight, tho he could have easily cut down to middleweight. When talking P4P, he is the indisputable definition.

Possibly you are irked by the word 'noob' because you show the awareness and understanding of one? I don't know just an observation, buddeh, but it sure doesn't sound like you were paying attention back then and/or are possibly MMAmnesiac.

lets say you are fedor, waaay out of your prime ... ok. would you still fight? he earned 2-3 millions of dollars last year. i would even fight for 50k dollars man
[<cena1}
I would. Then again, I don't know how much Fedor has.

Sometime it can be a better business decision to keep your aura than damage it. That being said, a lot of these fighters only know one way of life, and that is fighting/training, and they get restless just sitting around, bored, and crave that excitement of competition.

And to your point, 2-3 million is a lot of money. And when you have no other way to make that sort of money when you get older, it can certainly be very helpful.

I've always had a bad feeling about who Fedor is hooked up with. Those Russian MMA Czars as shady as heck and I wouldn't even be surprised if they have been forcing him to do things not in his best interest for a while (like not signing with the UFC).

I love fedor and to me he is top 3 OAT, but alot of those fights where he was outsized were not notable victories. Alot of those dudes were absolute cans, and couldn't fight for their lives. And if JDS, Cain, Stipe, and etc... fought those dudes they wouldve taken them out.

The Zulu dude is a bum and beat up dudes half his size. If you put JDS in there he wouldve taken him out in the same fashion as fedor and everyone would say "Wow look he took out the bigger man", but in reality it was a bigger man who had zero skills.

Same goes for Choi-Hong Man, Ogawa (even though he medalled in judo), Nagata, and etc...
Zulu is a bum with historical perspective, but at that time he was considered a very dangerous, undefeated Goliath monster that posed a threat. He also comes from probably the second most notable fighting family in Brazil, outside the Gracie's.

No doubt the new breed HW would take out much, if not all, of his competition too. But you have to look at the time and place, and how much things have changed and advanced: for exampl, Jim Brown is the greatest running back of all time, but he would not even be a starter in the NFL today, as training, dieting, "supplements'', technology and all these other factors have increased the athlete. MMA has advanced s much in such a short time, owing to its relatively young age, that 10 years of evolution is almost akin to a century in other sports.

My point being that in his day, Fedor was the most dominant fighter ever. I do think if one got a time machine and put Stipe back there, he would beat him, but everything is relative and that's why I call him the GOAT; much in the way I think Deontay Wilder would beat Jack Dempsey, but obviously Dempsey was much greater in his era.

Back