Fedor vs Wanderlei Rizin rumor

L

LORDTENSAIMMA

STILL ducking Cro Cop...

(Rumor was posted a Russian on mma dot tv who has broken some news before)

"izvestia.ru

A source from the inner circle of Emelianenko has informed Izvestia that Fedor got the offer from Rizin on his hands.

Fedor Team has the offer for a fight on December 31 in Japan on a Rizin event. Contract value is known, it is about $2 mil. Japan loves Fedor, he's a hero there as he is in our country. Fedor Team is contemplating the offer at the moment, and they most likely will accept it. Official announcement to come in the next two weeks. The opponent has not been approved yet but the possible candidate is Wanderlei Silva."

Interesting fact: Fedor has the most trouble with smaller fighters from lower weight classes

Lindland was owing him before Fedor gabbed the rope, Henderson KO'd him and outwrestled him, Arona gave him huge trouble and Maldonado Ko'd him...not to mention that TK gave him his first official loss

(and Randleman Supplexed him)

If this fight happens than Fedor might get wrecked again but then again if it were to happen that it would happen in the GP and that would mean that RIZIN would pay Fedor only 2 milliion for potentially 3 fights in 1 night and I don't think Fedor would ever accept that kind of low pay because there's always a chance he can get past 185 pound 45 year old Wanderlei silva and fight more than once per night and I don't think Fedor is that kind of fighter

Interesting fact: Fedor has the most trouble with smaller fighters from lower weight classes

Lindland was owing him before Fedor gabbed the rope, Henderson KO'd him and outwrestled him, Arona gave him huge trouble and Maldonado Ko'd him...not to mention that TK gave him his first official loss

If this fight happens than Fedor might get wrecked again but then again if it were to happen that it would happen in the GP and that would mean that RIZIN would pay Fedor only 2 milliion for potentially 3 fights in 1 night and I don't think Fedor would ever accept that kind of low pay because there's always a chance he can get past 185 pound 45 year old Wanderlei silva and fight more than once per night and I don't think Fedor is that kind of fighter
2 fights in one night. I'm not 100% positive but I think it's 1 fight Sept 23, 1 fight Dec 29 and 2 on the 31

I think the final 4 is on December 31. So i think its 2 fights in 1 night. Sept 23 16 fighters (few byes for some fighters like Wanderlei ) Dec 29 8 figthers, Dec 31 4 fighters. (2 fights in 1 night).

Wanderlei Silva is the same age as Fedor, he also isn't a 185lbs fighter just because he fought there 3 times. My guess would be if they make this fight, since Wand isn't going to be in the first round anyway, Rizin will simply change plans and have Fedor vs Wanderlei be outside of the tournament.

I love this match-up. Genuinely intriguing and a real throwback to the Pride days – exactly the sort of bouts which should be made for faded greats like Fedor and Wandy.

Feel bad for Fabio, though. He deserved that rematch.

Maldanado lost lol. Arona lost and that was under RINGS rules. Lindland was owned. Hendo was on TRT.

Your point is taken but you would think Fedor lost all those fights you just mentioned. He will probably stop Wanderlei.

Very very interesting and definitely a call back to the Pride days. Especially since Wanderlei will juiced be to the gills no doubt and who knows? Probably Fedor too.

My concern is Fedor hasn't made any plans to train in Holland for this next fight (yet anyway). When he trains in Holland he is more muscular (because they have him lifting weights and eating better), he has way better, harder striking combos and they game plan for him. For about the last 8 years, when he trains in Russia under his old coaches, he seems to have no game plan besides swing at his opponent's head until one of them goes down.

I am hoping as fight time gets closer he spends a month in Holland at least, but like I said, he has not contacted anyone at all about setting that up. If he does stay in Russia the whole time, I hope he at least brings Minakov and guys like that in again like he did for Jaideep (but didn't for Maldonado).

Maldanado lost lol. Arona lost and that was under RINGS rules. Lindland was owned. Hendo was on TRT.

Your point is taken but you would think Fedor lost all those fights you just mentioned. He will probably stop Wanderlei.

If it does end up being Wanderlei vs Fedor for NYE (and not part of the tournament) I have a feeling it's going to be a wild brawl. It could be a technical fight though as Wanderlei changed his style a bit to use a jab etc and he fought smart against Cro Cop the first time, so he can do it. Fedor fights smart when training in Holland. If they are both just brawling, I could see Fedor lose, but he would still probably be the favorite.

Brawling Fedor I would give a 55-60% chance of winning. Smart Fedor I would give a 90-95% chance of winning.

Im tired of Fedor rumours.
He is not the same fighter anymore ... time to stop imo.
Of course i wood watch tho

Would rather see Fedor move up the ranks. Maybe he can work out a 1 fight deal with KSW and fight Beforf? KSW is strict but maybe for Fedor?

Wandy vs Fedor in Rizin isn't a new rumor. It's been a rumor almost since Rizin was announced.

I love this match-up. Genuinely intriguing and a real throwback to the Pride days – exactly the sort of bouts which should be made for faded greats like Fedor and Wandy.

Feel bad for Fabio, though. He deserved that rematch.

He is already scheduled to fight Mokhnatkin at EFN 52 (and IMO he will be finalized this time)

You know what? Seeing as how 2016 Fedor is basically a brawler I'm liking Wand's chances in this. Especially after the Maldonado fight.

Two guys 500 years passed their prime, with one (Wandy) being a single KO away from being a vegetable for the rest of his life.

Oh joy, color me excited.

Didn't Wandy state that he has 12 of 15 symptoms of dementia or something?

WHY is he still fighting then?

Back