Fedor vs. Sonnen fight fixed?

So what was Sonnen's reaction when he read the part of the script that says "Go out, immediately get decapitated by punches in the first 5 seconds and then flop around like a fish" ???

TS is straight trippin'

So dumb! No Fedor is too big, too strong, and too skilled for Chael. Chael is a MW, look what Rashad did to him when he moved to LHW and that's Rashad. Of course Fedor is going to destroy him easy

Chael vs Evans was suspect too imo

That's just how Chael loses, watch his first fight with Filho, Anderson x2, Fedor, Tito, Maia, Jeremy Horn, Jones and Rashad. Sonnen is well known for doing dumb stuff in fights and folding when he's facing adversity, it's like his thing.

I didn't see anything in this fight that made me think it was fixed. Sonnen made a error of judgement with the back take attempt - just like he made an error of judgement with the spinning back fist attempt all those years ago.

Why does everyone think when Chael loses it's a fix?

He lost to Tito because Tito is a bigger, stronger wrestler and just an overall better MMA fighter.

He lost to Fedor because he was never going to beat Fedor. Even if it did stay grappling an arm bar or triangle was incoming.

Chael talks better than he fights is the problem. Stop drinking what fighters are handing out and get to the films to actually figure out how a fight goes.

Nah. I remember Chael having this "I don't want to do this today" look on his face right before that fight. He was off that night.

Chael doesn't like to fight against anyone he can't just wrestle at will. At least not these days.

Once he feels in a fight that he cannot dictate where it takes place and get top position when he wants it, he checks out most of the time. Rashad, Jones, Fedor, Tito, thats what they all have in common. I think it's a combination of lack of heart, and just being a realistic guy and knowing in a fight when he is not going to win. Chael doesn't have power or great subs, so if he feels a guys strength and technique and feels like its gonna go badly for him, he just looks for a way out.

Fedor hit him so hard in the first 5 seconds that Chael forgot it was fixed and started fighting for his life :D
-Kenny Florian

GlumBigheartedKawala-small.gif
OddballPlainCowbird-small.gif

Chael's lucky he didn't catch the follow-up right to the left that caught him flush.

That 1st punch Fedor clipped him with put the lights out. NOT the hook.. was a straight right .... He was out from 5 seconds in .. The 2nd punch was no joke .. he was fighting .. but at no stage was he a threat ... Every time he sloed the distance he was getting hit hard.... He didn't "have Fedor's back", he was on top of it... No hooks, now overs or unders .. It wasn't a great fight ... It wasn't particularly competitive .. But I don't think that makes it a fixed fight.

Dad is a very good fighter, that has almost never been able to deal effectively with fighters heavier than him. His whole game is grappling and control which is very difficult to do when you are dealing with someone bigger and with any significant wrestling/BJJ skill. Jon, Shad, Tito. Fedor was just too big. Bader will be the same.
Maia too along with Forrest, Jeremy Horn and Babalu

Long time reader but never felt the need to post anything until now... How can anyone deny this fight was fixed? Obviously, the somersault was beyond suspicious but the second blatantly obvious moment occurs with 30 seconds left in the round. Sonnen grabs a single leg and puts absolutely zero effort into driving forward for the takedown. IF you look at his legs its obvious. Instead of driving forward he sits in that position, eats a couple punches to the ear, and then rolls over onto his back! Rather than playing guard, Sonnen curls up in the fetal position but is still blocking every shot. After the bell he immediately gets back to his feet and appears to be walking around just fine. I'm not buying that Fedor is too big or that Chael got rocked early.

The only thing I found fishy was Chael getting hit going down then getting back up, which happened multiple times. Normally in a fishy fight guys don't get back up hence the fix. In my opinion that fight was 100% straight with nothing nefarious going on.

The fight looks as fake as WWE, something fishy about this fight.

Just no, Chael has tendency to look like a retard and a child in the cage when being outclassed ( second anderson fight, jones fight, rashad fight )

So what was Sonnen's reaction when he read the part of the script that says "Go out, immediately get decapitated by punches in the first 5 seconds and then flop around like a fish" ???

TS is straight trippin'

It's only a couple of punches that chael took in that fight. Stop being so dramatic. Im sure sonnen got paid big time.

Back