Fedor vs Mir needs to happen already

Too late.

I dont want to see an old ass Fedor with deteriorated grappling fighting a legit BJJ black belt like Mir.

It has disaster written all over it.

Prime Fedor vs Prime Mir would have been great and Fedor would have punched a hole in his head.

Too late.

I dont want to see an old ass Fedor with deteriorated grappling fighting a legit BJJ black belt like Mir.

Prime Fedor vs Prime Mir would have been great and Fedor would have punched a hole in his head.

Mir's pretty far from prime right now as well. Frankly I don't need to see this and I hope the UFC keeps Mir hostage or at least makes him fight out his contract.

Too late.

FYI.....Mir is a far from prime. I would say him and Fedor are pretty close in that regard.

FYI.....Mir is a far from prime. I would say him and Fedor are pretty close in that regard.

I understand which is why I dont really want to see it. This is a fight which I would rather see when they were at their peak.

I'd love that fight, Mir is still a huge and hard hitting HW but he is rather slow. If Fedor wants to sit there trading with him though I can't see it working out for him but maybe Fedor isn't as washed up as I think, I just have an incredible hard time getting over that Maldonado performance.

I'd love that fight, Mir is still a huge and hard hitting HW but he is rather slow. If Fedor wants to sit there trading with him though I can't see it working out for him but maybe Fedor isn't as washed up as I think, I just have an incredible hard time getting over that Maldonado performance.

I see it the other way around. I think Fedor can take Mir out in a shootout but I'd really fear for Fedor on the ground, especially in the scrambles. Mir's BJJ is nasty and he's a real opportunist when it comes to capitalizing on openings.

I really would like to see the fight still. I feel they have declined at a similar rate I think everyone can agree it would be a fair matched fight.

I see it the other way around. I think Fedor can take Mir out in a shootout but I'd really fear for Fedor on t.he ground, especially in the scrambles. Mir's BJJ is nasty and he's a real opportunist when it comes to capitalizing on openings.

Yeah maybe you're right, after that Fabio fight I think Mir is tougher than Fedor at this point in his career, Mir's a legit HW where Fedor could probably be a LHW, maybe even MW. Aside from the Hunt fight, Mir has usually taken a decent beating to get tko'd, he usually can take a few before it's lights out, I think he is a little more durable than what people give him credit for. I'd def give the speed advantage to Fedor and don't think a right hand down the line is right out of question.

I think Mir would be much stronger on the ground and has more to work with, Fedors grappling style was a lot more face paced judo orientated than Mir, fights with Mir on the ground never really last long and I don't think Fedor has the technique or strength to 'Lesnar' Mir on the ground.

Last edited:
Maybe if it happens in Russia so that the UFC can benefit from it on their Fight Pass. Other than that....I don't see the UFC freeing Mir.

They are both Mir the end of their careers (sorry my sense of humor is corny as shit)

Mir is ranked way to high for FEdora to fight him. Fedor only fights HW's who are ranked outside the top 30 or UFC LHW rejects..

Old ass Fedor would still destroy old ass Mir

Man its hard to say. I think Mir may have more left at this point. He has had more legitimate camps under his belt in the least 5 years with better sparring, better wrestling and better rolling.

I think in a shootout Fedor can land big and KO Mir for sure but even there he could get countered and hurt if hes not careful.

On the ground I would favor Mir greatly. His opportunistic style of fight ending submissions could spell disaster for someone like Fedor at this sloppy stage of his career.

In their primes Fedor would have punched a hole in Mirs head but if they fought today it would be a toss up. One things for sure it would end violently.

Mir by stoppage IMO. I think Mir has more left in his tank and still seems at times to go old school Frank on an opponent.

Back