Fedor vs Meathead Set to Co Main Event Bellator 180 PPV

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/3/2...rione-to-co-headline-bellator-180-in-new-york

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione is getting a do-over at The World’s Most Famous Arena.

The two heavyweights will meet in the co-main event of Bellator 180 on June 24 at New York City’s Madison Square Garden, MMA Fighting has confirmed after it was first reported by the New York Post’s Joseph Staszewski on Monday.

Emelianenko and Mitrione were supposed to meet in the main event of Bellator 172 last month in San Jose, but Mitrione had to be hospitalized the morning of the event due to kidney stones. The bout was called off.

Emelianenko (36-4, 1 NC) will be making his Bellator debut in the bout at MSG. He is 2-0 since coming out of retirement. “The Last Emperor,” now 40 years old, is regarded as the best heavyweight of all time in MMA, and one of the best pound-for-pound fighters, too. The Russia native once went a decade without losing.

Mitrione (11-5) has won two straight since coming over to Bellator from the UFC. In total, the former NFL player has won five of seven. Mitrione, 38, is an alum of The Ultimate Fighter 10.

The Bellator 180 main event, first reported Monday by the Associated Press, will be a grudge match between rivals Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva. It is Bellator’s first card in New York City and only second pay-per-view card ever.

I'm curious as to how much this card with do? How many buys.

We can all make fun of the main event as two past tie prime fighters, but there is some real tension between the two.

Let the fight build some real hype, and Bellator could have some solid numbers.

What would be considered a success? 200k? Surely Bellator knows they are taking a hit with this ppv. They might lose money here. A ton. Just a coat of doing business

I'm guessing it does 100 to 150k. Mighty Mouse numbers.

Earlier it was said that Meathead fight is off the table and that Fedor will now be fighting Rampage, Kongo or Beltran...

I wonder which is true.

Bellator....PPV....

LOL.

Yeah, good luck with that, boys.

Hoping its still mitrione so we can see fedor kod again by another UFC reject lol!

Last edited:
I don't think this gets as much buys as Rampage vs King Mo did.

Hope there's a title fight or two on this. Sadly, it will probably be Davis vs Bader.

This should be the main event not sonnen

Solid co main for sure. Sucked it didn't happen last time. Must be hoping it helps enough on the PPV to make up for the money they lost.

This should be the main event not sonnen

Yeah, that's weird

At his peak, Fedor was better than Chael or Wandy at theirs.
And currently, Fedor and Mitrione are a lot better than Chael or Wandy now.

I guess they're hoping to get more crossover UFC fans this way.

Yeah, that's weird

At his peak, Fedor was better than Chael or Wandy at theirs.
And currently, Fedor and Mitrione are a lot better than Chael or Wandy now.

I guess they're hoping to get more crossover UFC fans this way.
I agree with you brother, imo doesn't make any sense...even weirder when sonnen is coming of a loss vs Tito

Ehh, idk... they are really going to have to stack the rest of this card to get people to buy.... maybe bring in makenzie dern to face yankova for the 125 title in a bra and panties match

think everyone just gotten so used to Fedor fights as the main, I think it should be too but if more "casuals" are attracted to the Wandy/Chael thing, then its whatever. Whatever gets more people watching MMA is a good thing, esp non-UFC MMA. All it does is create competition which makes each company put on a better product. Think I may not be the only one who took for granted how good it was to have Pride and UFC back in the day. Not saying Bellator has to get to that level, but it being a good secondary source for high level MMA can't be bad.

Didn't some of the PPVs after pride show that fedor isn't really a draw? no surprise that it's co main, they need everything they can get... and to hope that it doesn't fall through

I'd put it above Chael/Wanderlei.

Course, that fight will probably fall through, and then this can be upped to the main event.

Hoping its still mitrione so we can see fedor kod again by another UFC reject lol!

Yes you dont like Fedor we heard you, go retard up the UFC section you'll probably make some friends
QASOJat.gif

What if Fedor & Chael both armbar those long arms in 30 seconds?

Last edited:
Back