Fedor vs Hendo showed Russian vs Holland training

Rogerdraven

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Fedor, always have been, but it bothers me that he is doing his camp for Mitrione in Russia again. Every time Fedor has trained in Russia (for almost the last decade) he has looked sloppy and wild. When he trained in Holland (Monson/Ishii/Rizzo/and part time for Jaideep) he looked much more sharp and powerful. In Holland they have him lifting weights, eating better, training with world class striking & conditioning coaches. He game plans and fights smart. When training in Russia, he generally just wings wild hooks, has less muscle and power, fights stupid and looks physically worse just walking out for a fight.

Fedor first went to Holland to train with Peter Teijsse for his fight against Hendo. He only trained there for 2 weeks so he certainly didn't look as sharp and strong as he did for his next few fights when he trained there full time but we started to see the results even in that fight. When the fight starts, Fedor comes out wild and sloppy, eats punches and looks like he has for his last few fights before Hendo. When there is about 1:30 left in the fight, he finally calms down and starts picking his combos. His combos are a bit sloppy but better than they were before in previous fights. His first real combo drops Hendo, then Fedor goes wild again. Each combo has meaning, a right straight sets up his lead uppercut, which sets up a rear hook, etc.

Fedor used these tactics even more sharply in future fights. He doesn't come out running wild, he looks at defense, picks his combos, doubles up combos on one side (jab to lead hook, etc). He uses very hard and fast low kicks and uses kicks to set up punches. Unfortunately, starting with Maldonado he went back to Russia only training and looked wild and sloppy again. His combos were just left right, left right, etc again. His coaches said he is training in Russia only again for Mitrione so I expect more of the same. I just wish if he was going to continue fighting he would go back to where he has much better training. They even had him working BJJ in Holland.

Fedor would have killed Monson, Ishii and Rizzo without going to Holland.

Fedor would have killed Monson, Ishii and Rizzo without going to Holland.

Of course this dumb and shallow comment is always posted after a breakdown, but it's completely irrelevant to Fedor looking more buff, using superior combinations, fighting with a smart game plan, etc. But I suppose I shouldn't expect too much deep analysis from the idiots on here, like you.

Not to mention, if Fedor fought smart and destroyed Werdum, Bigfoot and Hendo, you would have said the same thing because everyone expected him to destroy them as well.

If Fedor loses this fight...."Then it is all over!" I hope he retires (again) and doesn't keep hurting his fans like this.

He's not fighting for money, not fighting for accolades, and not fighting for fans... what is he fighting for? o_O

If Fedor loses this fight...."Then it is all over!" I hope he retires (again) and doesn't keep hurting his fans like this.

He's not fighting for money, not fighting for accolades, and not fighting for fans... what is he fighting for? o_O
Maybe PRIDE. :)

I have also noticed he seems to look best when he has spent more time with peter.. I actually talk to peter somewhat regularly he will respond if you msg him on FB.. For fedors last camp they tried to meet up but were unable to due to conflicting schedules, jaideep fight came together last min but they were not sure if they would work with him at all, till it happened. Sometimes they will actually go out to Russia as well. Dont lose hope lol or like I said ask peter he will tell you.

I have also noticed he seems to look best when he has spent more time with peter.. I actually talk to peter somewhat regularly he will respond if you msg him on FB.. For fedors last camp they tried to meet up but were unable to due to conflicting schedules, jaideep fight came together last min but they were not sure if they would work with him at all, till it happened. Sometimes they will actually go out to Russia as well. Dont lose hope lol or like I said ask peter he will tell you.

Yeah, he is a good guy. I've talked to him on there as well but the last time I talked to him was immediately after the Maldonado fight was over. I asked him if Fedor trained with him for that fight, because it didn't look to me like he had. He said Fedor didn't train with him for that fight and he didn't know why. He also said Fedor stayed in Russia for it and the training there was "stupid and old" training. And yeah, good point, hopefully Peter can go to Russia for at least a few weeks. Fedor is only training for 6 weeks for this fight, so it would still be 1/3 of his camp.

It boils down to motivation and application. Fedor didn't always train in Holland and had strength and condition as well as striking. If someone is half in to what they are doing whether it be due to other things going on in their life or again, motivation, they are not going to see the same results; it doesn't if they are training in Russia, Holland or the moon.

Your revisionist history discounts the times Fedor's striking and conditioning were present pre-Holland.

It's not just training. In the beginning of his career, RTT era, he looked sharp and smart. Great takedowns and groud. Some years later he trained in Holland with Hoost and refined his striking game. He was very dangerous because he had talent and was well trained but most importantly he was also very smart in the ring. Nowadays he is this headhunter swinging like crazy even when he's well trained. You mentioned the fight against Hendo, and that's exactly my point. There's no inteligence I'm his game anymore. I have no idea what happened with him. Did he fell in love with KOing people and wants to do that all the time?! Usually when the fighter gets older they they take things slower, become more estrategic since they can't be as fast and explosive as before. With Fedor it's like he lost everything with time.

Of course this dumb and shallow comment is always posted after a breakdown, but it's completely irrelevant to Fedor looking more buff, using superior combinations, fighting with a smart game plan, etc. But I suppose I shouldn't expect too much deep analysis from the idiots on here, like you.

Not to mention, if Fedor fought smart and destroyed Werdum, Bigfoot and Hendo, you would have said the same thing because everyone expected him to destroy them as well.
It was a fair point that does not discount what you said.

Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo are all much different fighters then the three he beat i.e. dangerous.

Damn Fedor is going to have a hard time with Mitrione.

Show me a picture or video of Fedor sparring with a Dutch Kickboxer recently or in the last 4-5 years even. You wont because he doesnt do that anymore. Fedor used to spend months in Holland training at Vos Gym and Golden Glory with Hoost, Spong, Leko, Yvel,Manhoef, Reem etc Now he takes his training partners from Fedor Team to get instructions, to hit pads and he spars ONLY with them.

x_7454f8ff.jpg

20040312150711.jpg

20040326130308.jpg

Fedor used to actually go to Holland for months and train and spar with the best kickboxers in the world. Now when Fedor goes to Holland its this:

Hitting pads and sparring with his teammates from Fedor Team and the same guy from the video who is holding pads for Fedor was in Fedor's camp in Russia for the Maldonado fight. Here he is at the fight in Fedor's corner along with Fedor's new BJJ coach from Holland who is a Rickson brown belt:

5bca6d9f9d17d446a481f892b5a815d3.jpg

So no that you see going to Holland without sparring and training with Hollands best kickboxers isnt going to be enough to beat a juiced up Hendo and a juiced up Silva. Fedor needs to be sparring with better fighters and he hasnt been doing that for YEARS. Not in Holland and not in Russia with exceptions here and there.

Red_Devils-10831.jpg

The truth is you're calling people idiots when you are the idiot. Fedor got old and instead of going to a real camp and training there full time he continued training with guys like Kirill Sidelnikov and Maxim Grishin for YEARS which deteriorated his skills even more. Going to Holland to hit some pads wasnt going to help Fedor after the age of 35. He would have killed Monson, Ishii and Rizzo because they are cans at this stage of their careers which Fedor fought them in. Not because he went to Holland.

Now go home and get your shinebox @Rogerdraven

Last edited:
It was a fair point that does not discount what you said.

Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo are all much different fighters then the three he beat i.e. dangerous.

It's not a fair point, as I have already explained. Its a stupid and shallow point. Even Maldonado almost put Fedor away and he isn't "a much different fighter i.e. dangerous". When Fedor trains stupid and with a garbage camp, he fights like garbage. When he trains at a real camp, he looks great. Fedor would have crushed Werdum, Bigfoot or Hendo just as easily as those "non-dangerous" fighters if he had trained in Holland in a real camp with a real gameplan. I have no doubt about that. Fedor destroyed Monson worse than Cormier did and they fought him around the same time.

Last edited:
It boils down to motivation and application. Fedor didn't always train in Holland and had strength and condition as well as striking. If someone is half in to what they are doing whether it be due to other things going on in their life or again, motivation, they are not going to see the same results; it doesn't if they are training in Russia, Holland or the moon.

Your revisionist history discounts the times Fedor's striking and conditioning were present pre-Holland.

No revisionist history there moron. Fedor hasn't had a camp in Russia where he looked good since 2008 against Tim Sylvia. That's almost a decade ago. I'm sorry several of you people are too stupid to read or understand simple breakdowns, but that's your problem.

No revisionist history there moron. Fedor hasn't had a camp in Russia where he looked good since 2008 against Tim Sylvia. That's almost a decade ago. I'm sorry several of you people are too stupid to read or understand simple breakdowns, but that's your problem.

Oh we're going to start name calling now? Ok, you're um....you're a clown.

Again, you don't grasp the point I'm making. It doesn't matter where he trains if he is mentally isn't into the training. If he wanted to go somewhere else he would.

Tell us more about how Fedor did this BJJ, clown.

Keep in mind that Fedor physically cannot train like he used to unless he hops on gear, his grappling has been deteriorating because of his injuries, wrestlers who train hard get brutal injuries like Khabib, Cormier, Cain, etc. Pure boxing is unlikely to cause the same kind of muscle and joint sprains / tears that grappling does. The fact that Fedors striking has looked bad recently is seriously worrying, everything we see out of him recently is him teaching, touring countries, or sport comissioner obligations. He is also a father who takes giving time to his family very seriously. I thought with his resurgence he would apply himself with the seriousness that his legacy requires, but this doesn't seem possible. Also, Anatoly Tokov just lost recently and got seriously gassed. Fedors coaches seem infatuated with speed and powerful striking recently, and it's getting exposed.

Last edited:
When was the last time we saw Fedor setting up powerful strikes with combos or reading his opponents and countering? Every time he has had a sloppy Russian training camp he looked desperate to end his fight, ignoring his opponents defence and the accuracy of his own strikes, just unloading full power hooks as soon as he gets within range to do so. This was the worst against Maldonado, he was literally reseting after unloading a flurry of ineffective strikes, then started inching closer, just as he gets within range I think Voronov starts shouting 'Davaj davaj!' (Get him, get him) and he jumps into a inaccurate hook only to get countered.

Last edited:
When was the last time we saw Fedor setting up powerful strikes with combos or reading his opponents and countering? Every time he has had a sloppy Russian training camp he looked desperate to end his fight, ignoring his opponents defence and the accuracy of his own strikes, just unloading full power hooks as soon as he gets within range to do so. This was the worst against Maldonado, he was literally reseting after unloading a flurry of ineffective strikes, then started inching closer, just as he gets within range I think Voronov starts shouting 'Davaj davaj!' (Get him, get him) and he jumps into a inaccurate hook only to get countered.
Pride days? o_O

Pride days? o_O

I was thinking against Monson, Ishi, and Rizzo, but those were low tier opponents that didn't have any offense and were bad on defence too, letting Fedor relax and pick his shots. When he fought Jaideep, Fedor used his punches to close range for clinch, then against Maldonado he decided to test his striking......
And it is not good

I was thinking against Monson, Ishi, and Rizzo, but those were low tier opponents that didn't have any offense and were bad on defence too, letting Fedor relax and pick his shots. When he fought Jaideep, Fedor used his punches to close range for clinch, then against Maldonado he decided to test his striking......
And it is not good
Yeah I thought about those fights too, specially the Monson one, but like you said they kind of allowed Fedor do whatever he wanted. I don't think we should consider those fights in this case which will brings us back to Pride days. :(

Back