Fedor vs Cro Cop 2

I'd prefer the rematch be in Japan and inside a ring

Let them both use "supplements" and it could be another legendary fight

Let's be honest here: Mirko probably used HGH to speed up his recovery from his recent injury. Just like Tony Ferguson probably did. But he never failed a test, he admitted he used HGH to recover from his shoulder injury when he was in the UFC (before his canceled fight with Hamilton).

On topic: I don't know for a rematch. I'm a Mirko and Fedor fan, and still get goose bumps when both guys have a fight scheduled but I don't care to see a rematch between 2 over their prime legends.

Steroid juicer??

Cro Cop hasn't failed a single test in his entire career, and he has been tested more times than Fedor for sure...Accusing Mirko of doing steroids is the same as accusing Fedor of doing steroids...

He literally admitted he used PED's to come back faster lol

“I didn’t announce that I took some human growth hormone on the advice of a doctor. It takes time, I didn’t have the luxury of time. They came to test me and I told them I took it, they said ‘you didn’t ask for permission.’ But I took it because of the injury, or I wouldn’t have been able to fight. I wouldn’t have been able to wait another six months to fight, I was just not able to make such a long break again. I would have injured myself again. I had a hernia two years ago, I had a long and successful career, but it’s got to stop some day.”

https://www.lowkickmma.com/mirko-cro-cop-explains-why-he-took-steroids-before-retiring/

I have nothing against Mirko either, one of my favorites of all time.

It's something that's starting to make sense again, if Fedor wins this GP. They're both somewhat in the same phase of their respective careers.

My two favorite fighters ever, but I don't want a rematch!

He definitely wasn't running away from the stand up...Fedor was the one who was taking him down...Mirko was just being pressured and gassed out after the first round...and the reason for that was wrong tactics and preparation...btw, Mirko says he is better and more dangerous now...
yeah chuck lidell says he is in the best shape of his life as well going into the tito fight

I'd be down for it win or lose after the Bader fight , they should of tried to get Mirko in the GP

I was just thinking the exact same thing - Cro Cop was the last opponent that Fyodor didn't finish, apart from Maldonado and it was a gritty match 13 years ago. High time for a rematch!

He definitely wasn't running away from the stand up...Fedor was the one who was taking him down...Mirko was just being pressured and gassed out after the first round...and the reason for that was wrong tactics and preparation...btw, Mirko says he is better and more dangerous now...

Well, he’s certainly filled out since his UFC days.

Well, Cro Cop deserved his chance to rematch Fedor and try to take that no. 1 spot by winning Grand Prix in 2006. He really had a bad luck that Pride went under at exactly that same time, so he never got his earned shot due to the unforseen cirumstances. It was really a bad luck and lose/lose situation for him, not only that he had to go to cage and unified rules that did not suite him, he also lost any possibility to fight Fedor for no. 1 place. Except money, he had nothing to gain in sporting manner, he was allready better ranked than any UFC fighter, including the champion.
Their fight in 2005 was the hardest fight that prime Fedor faced, and he was on absolutely top of his performance, whie Cro Cop had much space to improve, in terms of condition, focus and tactic, and to learn from the mistakes that he made.

Of course, years have passed and it is not the same time, but I somehow belive that Cro Cop still and allways has that right to another shot vs Fedor.

But once he managed to beat him, Fedor will probably never give Mirko that chance for a revenge, since there is probably no way to force him.

Huge fan of both, but I wouldn't consider another fight between them a rematch. They are both far past prime and are totally different fighters with different styles now. I would have loved to have seen a rematch 10 years ago. That said, I would certainly watch if they fought now.

Would be great. Mirko would kill Fedor.

Back