Fedor Teaches Standup Technique

I don't think most fighters could follow Fedor's routine though.

I liked his advice about bending your wrists inward slightly to lessen the impact on your wrist joint when landing a punch.

idk if it's just me but that messed up my wrists. the form that helped me was making a half way fist inside the glove instead of clenching it all that way and keeping the knuckles in line/parallel to the wrist. I can punch as hard as I want without a worry.

idk if it's just me but that messed up my wrists. the form that helped me was making a half way fist inside the glove instead of clenching it all that way and keeping the knuckles in line/parallel to the wrist. I can punch as hard as I want without a worry.

Can tell Fedor is passionate about teaching the younger generation.

"And this is how to KO an American degenerate who has been talking trash about our country..."

I wouldn't recommend his advice. Fedor uses striking fit for his body shape, for the big heavy set and belly he relies on to keep him balanced in place throwing his technique. When he got old and out of shape, it was just only too apparent that he can't keep up with his technique of rather wild successive punching, hence why he lost to all decent competition that evolved with the game and were still competitive to young generation.

"And this is how to KO an American degenerate who has been talking trash about our country..."

???

1st -From memory he has spoken fondly of watching Conor fight.

2nd -Why even bring that shit in here at all??

I wouldn't recommend his advice. Fedor uses striking fit for his body shape, for the big heavy set and belly he relies on to keep him balanced in place throwing his technique. When he got old and out of shape, it was just only too apparent that he can't keep up with his technique of rather wild successive punching, hence why he lost to all decent competition that evolved with the game and were still competitive to young generation.

I've used his advice to great effect, he swings to get behind the guard. Look at the angle of his punches, even if he misses it can lead straight to a throw on his part. This has been pivotal in his career, flowing from one to the other seamlessly.

Then there is the casting punch, or sambo punch...Now THAT is a terrible punch. Great on power, you generate so much power compared to a normal haymaker or overhand, but hit something solid and you will break your hand.(As witnessed by Fedor's multiple broken hand injuries)

People didn't evolve to stop him, he aged. Fedor was heavily reliant on speed. Speed and reflex are the first things to go on a fighter...Then it's the chin....And lastly the power. Fedor though pudgy looking, was never a fat obese, so his technique isn't "Roy Nelson body" dependent.

I smell some hate though in that post maybe...

9780977731541_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg

Read it, he goes into every technique he uses, and even states the when and the how to use them effectively.

He fight for the thrill of the fight, and for Mother Russia, comrade.

I've used his advice to great effect, he swings to get behind the guard. Look at the angle of his punches, even if he misses it can lead straight to a throw on his part. This has been pivotal in his career, flowing from one to the other seamlessly.

Then there is the casting punch, or sambo punch...Now THAT is a terrible punch. Great on power, you generate so much power compared to a normal haymaker or overhand, but hit something solid and you will break your hand.(As witnessed by Fedor's multiple broken hand injuries)

People didn't evolve to stop him, he aged. Fedor was heavily reliant on speed. Speed and reflex are the first things to go on a fighter...Then it's the chin....And lastly the power. Fedor though pudgy looking, was never a fat obese, so his technique isn't "Roy Nelson body" dependent.

I smell some hate though in that post maybe...

9780977731541_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg

Read it, he goes into every technique he uses, and even states the when and the how to use them effectively.
I never compared him to Nelson, you did. How he uses his heavy set could be comparable to Foreman and DC. I agree that relied too much on speed and reaction time for some of his technique, specifically that in and out movement that becomes equivalent of a shootout of who is going to reach whose chin faster. Against Mitrione he succeeded to connect, but he also ate a shot at the same time. When he aged, his body couldn't shift that fast and effectively anymore for successive punches, he looks very wild and reckless. The competition he faced was also aging, but their technique transfered better to their older bodies.

I never compared him to Nelson, you did. How he uses his heavy set could be comparable to Foreman and DC. I agree that relied too much on speed and reaction time for some of his technique, specifically that in and out movement that becomes equivalent of a shootout of who is going to reach whose chin faster. Against Mitrione he succeeded to connect, but he also ate a shot at the same time. When he aged, his body couldn't shift that fast and effectively anymore for successive punches, he looks very wild and reckless. The competition he faced was also aging, but their technique transfered better to their older bodies.

You spoke of him being heavybset with a big belly did you not?

When has Fedor ever been heavy set until recently these past 5 years. He never generated power from his fat. That is from his hips...Which has been documented by his opponents as being so powerful and explosive. Kevin Randleman and Coleman who are top heavy wrestlers stated they never felt hips like his.

Ernesto Hoost even touted his hips for generating power. Hoost also loved Fedor's twist on the low kicks. Said it was very effective and nasty. Instead of full rotation like most KB and MT guys his shin would go from point A to B in an instant...hitting the thighs or body at an angle that is difficult to defend.

You spoke of him being heavybset with a big belly did you not?

When has Fedor ever been heavy set until recently these past 5 years. He never generated power from his fat. That is from his hips...Which has been documented by his opponents as being so powerful and explosive. Kevin Randleman and Coleman who are top heavy wrestlers stated they never felt hips like his.

Ernesto Hoost even touted his hips for generating power. Hoost also loved Fedor's twist on the low kicks. Said it was very effective and nasty. Instead of full rotation like most KB and MT guys his shin would go from point A to B in an instant...hitting the thighs or body at an angle that is difficult to defend.
I didn't say he generated body from his fat...just from his weight and general bulk. Foreman and DC also had bellies with no abs. It's only obvious they have big thick midsection that keeps them in place and allows them to do certain type of moves effectively. Not solely because of it of course, but that is why I described him as generaly heavyset, stocky.
I won't continue to respond as you seem to be very sensitive and over exaggerate what I mean.

I didn't say he generated body from his fat...just from his weight and general bulk. Foreman and DC also had bellies with no abs. It's only obvious they have big thick midsection that keeps them in place and allows them to do certain type of moves effectively. Not solely because of it of course, but that is why I described him as generaly heavyset, stocky.
I won't continue to respond as you seem to be very sensitive and over exaggerate what I mean.

I'm not exaggerating shit, you just don't know how to describe shit dude.

Dude wasn't even that thick, it's all in his wide ass hips.

I'm not exaggerating shit, you just don't know how to describe shit dude.

Dude wasn't even that thick, it's all in his wide ass hips.

How is this bad saying that his body, namely his thick ass big hips and overall midsection, is what made his techniques work that well? When he was stronger, he could shifts his weight better, now he can't do it that fast. That is what I kept saying if you look above.

How is this bad saying that his body, namely his thick ass big hips and overall midsection, is what made his techniques work that well? When he was stronger, he could shifts his weight better, now he can't do it that fast. That is what I kept saying if you look above.

Brah...

"Fedor uses striking fit for his body shape, for the big heavy set and belly he relies on to keep him balanced in place throwing his technique."

<CerseiPlotting>

Brah...

"Fedor uses striking fit for his body shape, for the big heavy set and belly he relies on to keep him balanced in place throwing his technique."

<CerseiPlotting>
This isn't wrong. Your idea of what I mean by a "heavyset" person is of someone obese. I blame America for this.

This isn't wrong. Your idea of what I mean by a "heavyset" person is of someone obese. I blame America for this.

You said heavy set and belly in the same sentence. Blame yourself.lol

11135.jpg

That's not heavy set nor having a belly. Out of shape Mir/Barnett/Nelson/Hunt have a belly.

This is why you're not the goat.

Back