Fedor should have found a way to fight in the UFC.

All those great pride legends just tore the ufc fighters to shreds .... Nog, Cro Cop, wand, Sho, etc. Oh wait.
Two out of the four guys you just named were UFC champions, so I'm kinda confused.

All those great pride legends just tore the ufc fighters to shreds .... Nog, Cro Cop, wand, Sho, etc. Oh wait. Fedor was great in Pride bit would never of done what he did then then in even a 10 years ago ufc.

I think people would like to see what Pride legends still had in the tank without PED's.

Would've been at the top of my list to see, but it was kinda out of his control. Don't cooperate with M-1 where he has a stake (and who knows which connections), or try to find a way to co-promote which was not gonna happen...along with other demands.

Two out of the four guys you just named were UFC champions, so I'm kinda confused.
Yeah and Nog and Sho were champs for like a second.

Cro Cop was this great legend comes to ufc and looks like a journeyman at best. Nog may of gotten a interim belt for a minute but come on he was average in ufc, Wand average, Sho was solid but no where close to

Also Fedor has 1 legit win in the cage......... that came against the cock grabber

Did you get a strange feeling when you saw those elaborately douchey t shirts? I remember clubs and restaurants with " No Affliction or Tap Out t shirts. A bad omen.

If the fighters breach the agreements in some way or another. Otherwise you're lying like a typical M-1 shill.

Werdum had a bunch of issues with the UFC. He was being a diva about getting a titleshot, in this case I was on his side because he got passed up for Brock Lesnar against Couture. He was due for a TS after JDS but he came in out of shape and got KTFO.

Let me give you real examples not taken out of context. Alistair Overeem was signed and got a huge deal with the UFC. Shortly after he fails a drug test, gets suspended and then he goes 1-3 in his next 4 fights with those losses being very brutal and image shattering. Did the UFC screw him over? No, they continued to give him the big pay days he signed for because Overeem aside from the drug test plays the game.

Hector Lombard. Comes in from Bellar with a big money contract, goes 1-2 in his first 3 fights in the UFC. Still gets paid the same. Fails drug test, comes back on a 3 fight losing streak with some brutal losses and is pushing age 40. Still gets paid what he's owed by the UFC.

So you're out of bounds. Fedor could have made millions and retired healthy. He chose not to to make the biggest mistake of his life.

Lombard is paid fairly big money but nothing close to what Fedor would have been on, I can definitely see the UFC viewing him as still being a worthwhile asset.

Its been well known for years that most UFC deals are very friendly to the promoter offering them the chance to back out after a loss and offer a smaller amount. For another example look at Crocop, he signed a 6 fight deal and was dropped after 3 matches.

Fedor's deal with M-1 was fundamentally different from this is that it garneted his payments that as I pointed out were very significantly higher than other former Pride fighters were earning in the UFC at the time. Could he have earnt more fighting Lesnar? perhaps but by that stage it was about M-1, the real chance for the UFC to sign him was in 2007 and they probably messed up trying to lowball him.

As is typical your going on your UFC brand fanboy rants that have little to do with reality.

Seems the endless Fedor greatness threads could have easily been given greater credibility if Fedor had found a way to fight in the UFC.

Everyone that beat him fought in the UFC.

Should have been easy money with his list of victims.

Would have made a fortune ppv's, merchandise, interviews etc.

Despite all the reasons he did not find a way to fight in the UFC... at some point it would only make the MOST sense to fight in the UFC.

Does anyone else think Fedor should have found some way to fight in the UFC to cement his legacy?

If it was important for him to fight in the UFC, then the UFC should have found a way to land Fedor, not the other way around. Also, the heavyweight division has always been one of the UFC's weakest. The strength of competition in both Pride and in Strikeforce was on par with UFC. His legitimacy has nothing to do with whether he would have allowed himself to be bullied by Dana in to accepting below market compensation like all the other UFC fighters.

i'm glad fedor never worked with dirty ass cheap tough guy dw
fedor > ufc

Simmer down Champ.

Easy money was there for the taking, we all know that SF, Affliction etc, were fly by night orgs that gained some momentum and spotlight but who is financially well off from those titles?

Pride was a strange animal with no testing and suspect subplots, having the Yakuza orchestrating behind the scenes.
No bueno.

The UFC at least had some degree uniformity. So many suspect moments in Pride.

Many great performances by Fedor in Pride, SF and Affliction...agreed.

Legacy is great and all, but they only take money for eggs and milk at the store. I just think a single fight in the UFC would have benefited all parties involved and Fedor would still be relevant from at least a promotional position.

I like to see fighters get paid after they've thrown that last punch.

You make no sense.
Fedor made enough money. He doesn't care for it, and most he made, he gave to charity.

His legacy was NEVER in question and trying claim it would be better just because he signed with the UFC is stupid, and only really believed by UFC schils who can't fathom anyone refusing it.

Newsflash: When Fedor signed with SF, they had a better HW division than the UFC.

You trying to imply fixed fights for Fedor is beyond stupid. Get a better argument or give it up.
You got nothing.

You make no sense.
Fedor made enough money. He doesn't care for it, and most he made, he gave to charity.

His legacy was NEVER in question and trying claim it would be better just because he signed with the UFC is stupid, and only really believed by UFC schils who can't fathom anyone refusing it.

Newsflash: When Fedor signed with SF, they had a better HW division than the UFC.

You trying to imply fixed fights for Fedor is beyond stupid. Get a better argument or give it up.
You got nothing.

This is a forum to discuss topics we are trying to learn about.

You act like you know him personally and everything about his career and backroom conversations.

Do you? If so, tell him I say hi and thank him for raising the excitement factor in mma.

If you don't personally know him, you are getting too excited over nothing. I never said anything disparaging about him ever, just wanted the hard work he's put in to insure his health and well being and wished there was some way he could have fought at least once in the UFC.

You found a way to misinterpret what I said.

If you have a problem with that, I don't think I can help you, you'll need a professional to work with you and your misplaced aggressions.

Best of luck to you.

If it was important for him to fight in the UFC, then the UFC should have found a way to land Fedor, not the other way around. Also, the heavyweight division has always been one of the UFC's weakest. The strength of competition in both Pride and in Strikeforce was on par with UFC. His legitimacy has nothing to do with whether he would have allowed himself to be bullied by Dana in to accepting below market compensation like all the other UFC fighters.

Agreed, I just wish there had been some way to get it done.

What it comes down to is that we the fans, care more about Fedor in the UFC than Fedor did. Fedor himself said he doesn't hold the UFC brand on some pedestal like others and he doesn't respect Dana, their contract or business practices.

The big sticking point in the contract always seemed to be the amount of fights and UFC owning everything you did. They basically owned your likeness and trademark for infinity. They also always wanted to sign 6 fight deals while Fedor wanted 1-2. UFC also stipulated that if he won the world title, the contract is indefinite until he lost the title. They could just never agree to terms. Fedor could make near the same amount of money elsewhere but have total freedom otherwise. It was an easy decision.

Fedor spent his entire career on picking easy fights.

I believe Fedor picked the easiest path to the biggest money he could get for facing crappy guys not seen as a threat.

Most of the top PRIDE FC fighters faced the top guys from UFC in UFC.

To be the best at ufc you have to cut 50% of your weight then fight midget.
The proper term is Manlet you intolerant height supremacist! (I agree with your post if you mean that douche Cloner Mcnuggets)

This is a forum to discuss topics we are trying to learn about.

You act like you know him personally and everything about his career and backroom conversations.

Do you? If so, tell him I say hi and thank him for raising the excitement factor in mma.

If you don't personally know him, you are getting too excited over nothing. I never said anything disparaging about him ever, just wanted the hard work he's put in to insure his health and well being and wished there was some way he could have fought at least once in the UFC.

You found a way to misinterpret what I said.

If you have a problem with that, I don't think I can help you, you'll need a professional to work with you and your misplaced aggressions.

Best of luck to you.
LOL
I have no problem with your wish.
But you are the one trying to claim his legacy would be better when his legacy is/was NEVER in danger wihch is what I made my point to be.

If you can't accept the fact he didn't fight in the UFC because of UFC's own fuckup thought that they are bigger than all fighters, then this is your problem you need to resolve (maybe take your own advice and seek professional help)....

Overall, Fedor fought better competition. During Pride and at SF (when he chose them over the UFC).
Fedor was pretty clear as well about Dana's tactics and their demands from Fedor.
IMO UFC did not accept Fedor's demands because they were the biggest game in town (which they were).
But Fedor is not most other fighters, and because of it, I do think UFC should have come to terms with him (that they wouldn't normally do for everyone else).

kind of how they are accommodating Conor now.
With the difference is that Conor is no GOAT and was not unbeaten for a decade already when he sat with the UFC.

so while we can discuss what would be the benefit for Frdor or the UFC, let us do so without trying to imply Fedor is less because he didn't fight for the UFC. His career was already set. His legacy secure.

He got wrecked by guys that were in the UFC
His career would have ended earlier like CroCop

I agree with most of this, I think there must be something behind the scenes that didn't make it to public ears.

Besides Askren, how many fighters have you actually ever heard of that couldn't be signed to the UFC?

Now this is a strange mess with Fedor missing out on revenge of all those guys that beat him, minus Kohsaka.

My only regret, or what I hated to see, rather, is that Fedor had to endure years of punishment from big heavyweights...as a large lean middleweight to light heavy
.....similar to Dan Henderson or Vitor Belfort.

Maybe that is why his chin deteriorated relatively early

Back