Fedor should have found a way to fight in the UFC.

777R

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Seems the endless Fedor greatness threads could have easily been given greater credibility if Fedor had found a way to fight in the UFC.

Everyone that beat him fought in the UFC.

Should have been easy money with his list of victims.

Would have made a fortune ppv's, merchandise, interviews etc.

Despite all the reasons he did not find a way to fight in the UFC... at some point it would only make the MOST sense to fight in the UFC.

Does anyone else think Fedor should have found some way to fight in the UFC to cement his legacy?

He got mauled by guys who he should have beaten easily if here were the great. Instead he was exposed as the greatest fraud in a long list of frauds produced by PrideFC.

You should never ever post on an mma forum again. Never.

I just want the guy who commentated Fedor’s last M1 fight in the UFC.

Fedor & his Mgmt thought he was worth $$$, after his struggles in Strikeforce his value went down but Fedor & team still though he was worth $$$ the UFC at this point only thought he was worth $$. Plus his Mgmt team had those crazy co-promotion demands, which were never going to happen.

Seems the endless Fedor greatness threads could have easily been given greater credibility if Fedor had found a way to fight in the UFC.

Everyone that beat him fought in the UFC.

Should have been easy money with his list of victims.

Would have made a fortune ppv's, merchandise, interviews etc.

Despite all the reasons he did not find a way to fight in the UFC... at some point it would only make the MOST sense to fight in the UFC.

Does anyone else think Fedor should have found some way to fight in the UFC to cement his legacy?
His company tried to negotiate with the UFC and they wanted to copromote a Brock-Fedor fight, which would have been huge. The UFC would have nothing to do with it, then, but I think they've learned their lesson and are much more lenient with McGregor. I believe that fight was the last hurrah for Fedor but he didn't need the fight to cement his legacy. When Fedor was dominating the top fighters in the world in Pride, Paul Buentello and Jeff Monsoon were jockeying for the #1 contender spot in the UFC for 20k. It would have been nice to have the best fighter fighting for the best promotion but though the UFC was the best at promoting, it paid its fighters horribly and it did not have the best talent because of that. It, also, would have shut the UFC fanboys up from making dumb posts like the guys before me.

He was from a bygone era of MMA. He ruled his era with an iron fist. His time has passed. He was, is, and always will be, my favorite fighter to ever compete. I don't have any problems with him never fighting in the UFC.

WAR THE LAST EMPEROR!!!

fedorthrone.jpg

To be the best at ufc you have to cut 50% of your weight then fight midget.

He got mauled by guys who he should have beaten easily if here were the great. Instead he was exposed as the greatest fraud in a long list of frauds produced by PrideFC.
He did not get "Exposed" as anything other than being older and past his prime.

In every sport, you have iron men who adapt and stay great past the age of 30. But most usually lose their aura of amazing in their early 30's and then start going downhill.

Price FC was better than the UFC at that point in time and it is not really debatable. Dana White made that obvious when he sent Chuck Liddell (Then one of the best fighters in the UFC) over to "Prove" the UFC could hang with Pride and entered him in the tourney. Not only did Chuck not win(Or even make it to the finals), but he got the living shit beat out of him to the point that his corner threw in the towel while Dana was on Pride the commentary announce table getting more and more quiet and dejected. It was hilarious.
And that was just for Middleweight(Now known as LHW)

In Heavyweight, Tim Sylvia, Arlovski and Mir were the top UFC heavyweights. By 2006 the UFC started gaining ground and talent and eventually pulled ahead, but before that, the best fighters were in PrideFC. Everyone knew it. Including the UFC.

He did not get "Exposed" as anything other than being older and past his prime.

In every sport, you have iron men who adapt and stay great past the age of 30. But most usually lose their aura of amazing in their early 30's and then start going downhill.

Price FC was better than the UFC at that point in time and it is not really debatable. Dana White made that obvious when he sent Chuck Liddell (Then one of the best fighters in the UFC) over to "Prove" the UFC could hang with Pride and entered him in the tourney. Not only did Chuck not win(Or even make it to the finals), but he got the living shit beat out of him to the point that his corner threw in the towel while Dana was on Pride the commentary announce table getting more and more quiet and dejected. It was hilarious.
And that was just for Middleweight(Now known as LHW)

In Heavyweight, Tim Sylvia, Arlovski and Mir were the top UFC heavyweights. By 2006 the UFC started gaining ground and talent and eventually pulled ahead, but before that, the best fighters were in PrideFC. Everyone knew it. Including the UFC.
You obviously never watched that tournament. Chuck had a very hard fight with Overeem and then had to fight a rested Rampage immediately after.

In a way, Fedor did fight in a UFC-type scenario: in a cage, against a UFC guy (Mitrione had all of his pre-Bellator fights in the UFC), with a legit athletic commission overseeing it, under "unified" rules. It may have been 10 years too late, but it did happen :)

He was from a bygone era of MMA. He ruled his era with an iron fist. His time has passed. He was, is, and always will be, my favorite fighter to ever compete. I don't have any problems with him never fighting in the UFC.

WAR THE LAST EMPEROR!!!

fedorthrone.jpg

I get what you are saying, I think since there is no pension to my knowledge from any of the orgs he fought for, they should have gotten him some retirement money and some interesting fights.

If you are going to have a string of losses at the end of your career, it should at least be infront of an audience that could put some dollars in your pocket. The merchandising alone could been a big help to his financial security.

Anderson was not a fraud nor was Wanderlei, Shogun, Rampage, or Hendo. Hendo was first a UFC fighter then spent most of his career in Pride or Striekforce.

Also, Overeem is not a fraud and neither is Barnett or Cro Cop or Big Nog.

Though I agree that Fedor should not have ducked Reem in SF or ducked the UFC

In a way, Fedor did fight in a UFC-type scenario: in a cage, against a UFC guy (Mitrione had all of his pre-Bellator fights in the UFC), with a legit athletic commission overseeing it, under "unified" rules. It may have been 10 years too late, but it did happen :)

Yes this does seem this way. Was strange that Fedor looked like his feet were in mud against Mittrione. Very strange.

That was hilarious when Dana said he offered him a boat load of cash. Maybe it was a large sum compared to other UFC fighters but it was peanuts compared to what Fedor and M1 Global were making.

Were there also big merchandising and ppv opportunities in M1?

I have no idea, curious if you knew anything about this?

Back