Fedor preparing for Chael - training camp pics and videos

Andrey Kamensky

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hey fellas, Sherdog is kinda slow lately and I wasn't very active here myself as of late. But I will keep you guys updated on Fedor's training camp for the Chael fight.

What I know so far -
Voronov stated that the first part of the training camp will take place in Stariy Oskol (started already) and possibly Moscow. The second part in Holland with the KB academy guys and Peter his KB/striking coach.
He said they will focus on grappling and tdd and will bring in training partners that will mimick Chael's fighting style. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Training camp officialy started
K98Idt9wCmM.jpg

Fedor giving a free seminar some days ago in Russia
[/QUOTE]

Will keep you updated as more information and pics/videos come

Peace.

Thnx for the update.

If his tdd is even someone remotely close to what it was during his Noguiera fights then it will be a long night for Chael. His reflexes are slower today but as long as he trains adequately, and anticipates the td then he should have this.

Voronov stated that the first part of the training camp will take place in Stariy Oskol (started already) and possibly Moscow. The second part in Holland with the KB academy guys and Peter his KB/striking coach.

He said they will focus on grappling and tdd and will bring in training partners that will mimick Chael's fighting style. Sounds like a good plan to me.

So he's going to focus on GRAPPLING in Holland with his STRIKING coach?
And in Stary Oskol - which caused him to lose 3 fights in a row, all on the ground?

And I really wonder who are going to mimick Chael fighting style.
Viktor Nemkov? Sidelnikov? Come TF on...

Seems like Aleks E. is right for calling Voronov and Michkov "a whistle and a towel"...

Chael really fought some of the best known fighters.
Never thought he would be facing Fedor.

And in Stary Oskol - which caused him to lose 3 fights in a row, all on the ground?

Seems like Aleks E. is right for calling Voronov and Michkov "a whistle and a towel"...

Fedor is going to Holland because his striking and grappling coaches are there.

For striking his coach is Peter Teijse who is a team Ernesto Hoost striking coach from Vos Gym.

His grappling coach in Holland is Maxim Leidjekker who is a Rickson Gracie Black Belt.

The plan is to bring in grapplers and wrestlers who train with Bert Kopps who is Gegards wrestling coach.

Fedor hasn't been exclusively training with "Stopwatch and towel" (Voronov and Michkov) for a long time. They dont even come out to his fights corner him.

Its not the best camp but not all that bad.

Fedor is going to Holland because his striking and grappling coaches are there.

For striking his coach is Peter Teijse who is a team Ernesto Hoost striking coach from Vos Gym.

His grappling coach in Holland is Maxim Leidjekker who is a Rickson Gracie Black Belt.

The plan is to bring in grapplers and wrestlers who train with Bert Kopps who is Gegards wrestling coach.

Fedor hasn't been exclusively training with "Stopwatch and towel" (Voronov and Michkov) for a long time. They dont even come out to his fights corner him.

Its not the best camp but not all that bad.

You know, from the first moment I heard about Fedor training with Peter Teijse (somewhere after Fedor got cut from SF) , it always amazed me how come I've never heard of him.
Or of his kickboxing matches. Or of his other pupils.
Is he MAIN striking coach in team Ernesto Hoost? And who else is in his team? I'm sure he was never Hoost's striking coach - or was he?

And now new name: Maxim Leijdekker.
Don't get me wrong: I'm sure he's Rickson black belt , but same - where is the info about any BJJ tourneys he's won? Who are his pupils?
Again, nothing.

I remember Kharitonov training with Jon Olav Einemo prior to his fight with Barnett.
Didn't help much, but still - it's something, in my opinion, much closer to the real preparation than what Fedor does.

I don't say Fedor is destined to lose - Sonnen is bulked up MW after all. But so was Hendo, and I was 100% sure that Fedor would run through him...

You know, from the first moment I heard about Fedor training with Peter Teijse (somewhere after Fedor got cut from SF) , it always amazed me how come I've never heard of him.
Or of his kickboxing matches. Or of his other pupils.
Is he MAIN striking coach in team Ernesto Hoost? And who else is in his team? I'm sure he was never Hoost's striking coach - or was he?

And now new name: Maxim Leijdekker.
Don't get me wrong: I'm sure he's Rickson black belt , but same - where is the info about any BJJ tourneys he's won? Who are his pupils?
Again, nothing.

I remember Kharitonov training with Jon Olav Einemo prior to his fight with Barnett.
Didn't help much, but still - it's something, in my opinion, much closer to the real preparation than what Fedor does.

I don't say Fedor is destined to lose - Sonnen is bulked up MW after all. But so was Hendo, and I was 100% sure that Fedor would run through him...

Teijse came up with Hoost training under Vos.

Leidjekker is a legit Rickson black belt and mostly there to refine Fedors grappling.

Again these aren't the best coaches in the world but they really care and want Fedor to do well. I talk to Teijse on Instagram all the time and hes very passionate about helping Fedor.

Last edited:
Teijse came up with Hoost training under Vos.

Leidjekker is a legit Rickson black belt and mostly there to refine Fedors grappling.

Again these aren't the beat coaches in the world but they really care and want Fedor to do well. I talk to Teijse on Instagram all the time and hes very passionate about helping Fedor.

Yes, I know all that - I just would like to know if they were any passionate to help ANYONE ELSE.
And honestly it would've been really helpful to see these coaches' accomplishments, either as competitors or as mentors...

Yes, I know all that - I just would like to know if they were any passionate to help ANYONE ELSE.
And honestly it would've been really helpful to see these coaches' accomplishments, either as competitors or as mentors...

Accomplishments aren't the only thing that matter.

Even accomplishments as mentors? Proven experience of teaching sucessful sportsmen?
Michael jordan admitted he would be a shit coach in basketball.

Tony larusa never played pro baseball in his life and led the Cardinals to a world series.

So you never know.

Michael jordan admitted he would be a shit coach in basketball.

Tony larusa never played pro baseball in his life and led the Cardinals to a world series.

So you never know.

So? One successful sportsman, one successful coach.
Where is the proof that these two are successful coaches?

Damn Fedor should try to change camps and trainers for God's sake
if he trained with Khabib's team i'd have faith on him becoming a top 10 fighter again

His last fight he knocked out Mir and trained primarily in russia.

Who will they use to mimic Sonnen???? Good question???

Some guy with no standup and spams single and double legs lol??

It's God's will lol

Back