Fedor panic wrestled against Mir

Der Eisbär

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Huge Fedor fan here.

Still glowing from his huge win Saturday night.

Man, it was so nice to see fedor get a big win for once.

We all know that fedor abandoned his incredible grappling years ago and became a head hunter.

I just want to ask you this:
When Fedor hip tossed Mir, was it out of strategy or because it was an instinctive and defensive reaction from being rocked to avoid taking more damage?

It was a defensive reaction, which was very mych the proper reaction. The fact that panic wrestling is a phrase that has caught on so well in MMA is hilarious. MMA striking is mostly trash to begin with, so why anyone would watch MMA without grappling is beyond me.

It was a defensive reaction, which was very mych the proper reaction. The fact that panic wrestling is a phrase that has caught on so well in MMA is hilarious. MMA striking is mostly trash to begin with, so why anyone would watch MMA without grappling is beyond me.
Agreed. Panic wrestling is just a great conorism

Fedor tossed a much bigger man. Goat quality

Trash? No. The striking is adapted to MMA you weirdo.

wtf are you talking about???

Panic wrestling is when a fighter shoots in for a desperate single or double leg after getting rocked on the feet.

It was Mir who engaged in the wrestling trying to push Fedor into the cage with dbl unders and Fedor judo tossed him to the moon and knocked him dead 10 seconds later.

So I guess the question is this:

Does “panick wrestling”, as you so eloquently dubbed it in private chat, constitute ACQUIRED SKILL OVER TIME or animal-like instinct that he doesn’t deserve credit for?

Where is the line between skill-developed through thousands of hours of practice- and “instinct” drawn?

Why would something like that devalue a 41-year-old athlete hip-tossing a professional, world-class-athlete of Frank Mir’s calibur?

Human beings do NOT act on instinct as you would suggest, and doing so is intellectually dishonest.

Fedor was filmed practicing those hip motions 15 minutes before walking into the octagon.

Explain that TS.

I think he used it to get the bigger man off him against the cage.

Trash? No. The striking is adapted to MMA you weirdo.

A lot of it is pretty trash, adaptation or not. It doesn't mean the sport isn't enjoyable, it just means that if you're only watching for the striking you'd be better off watching real striking sports.

So I guess the question is this:

Does “panick wrestling”, as you so eloquently dubbed it in private chat, constitute ACQUIRED SKILL OVER TIME or animal-like instinct that he doesn’t deserve credit for?

Where is the line between skill-developed through thousands of hours of practice- and “instinct” drawn?

Why would something like that devalue a 41-year-old athlete hip-tossing a professional, world-class-athlete of Frank Mir’s calibur?

Human beings do NOT act on instinct as you would suggest, and doing so is intellectually dishonest.

Fedor was filmed practicing those hip motions 15 minutes before walking into the octagon.

Explain that TS.
The point stands that fedor doesn't grapple anymore. He doesn't use it as part of his gameplan, at all. He hasn't used his grappling since pride. That is the point.

He didn't go out there with intent to hip toss mir. He did it as a defensive reaction to being rocked. Its pure muscle memory

If I am the one who is being tossed, it would seem not to matter.

giphy.gif

wtf are you talking about???

Panic wrestling is when a fighter shoots in for a desperate single or double leg after getting rocked on the feet.

It was Mir who engaged in the wrestling trying to push Fedor into the cage with dbl unders and Fedor judo tossed him to the moon and knocked him dead 10 seconds later.

It's like in boxing if you get hurt and grab someone... it's frantic yes, but the idea that anyone "lucks out" in a fight sport by doing something to defend themselves is puerile and juvenile talk only fit for online forums.

how is a hip toss panic wrestling? panic wrestling is diving at someone's legs in desperation. a hip toss requires technique.

Back