Fedor: Never lost in a ring. But lost almost every cage fighg?

I think it's mostly chance. Sooner or later a guy with that many fights is gonna lose to some bum. It just happened that Fedor's losses were in a cage. Doesn't have to mean much.
Yeah for some reason he sucks in a cage, when he went back to the ring he looked great again and went on a nice winning streak after getting stomped in Strikeforce. There must be something about the cage that hinders his game, or maybe it's just a psychological thing.
Saying the cage was the issue is jumping to conclusions.
7 fights ( 3 losses in Strikeforce and 4 good performances before Fabio) is not enough data!
Could be totally random the losses happened in a cage and not in a ring.

Some fights you can't possibly argue had much to do with cage layout. The loss to Werdum was such a quick sub out in the open. It could've happened in the ring too.

Okay, maybe the Hendo sweep was caused by him pushing off the cage, so perhaps that one would not have happened in the ring.

Last edited:
What does this conversation have to do whatsoever with Lil Nog?

I dont need to show you the tests. He's publicly said he was on TRT for years. I tend to believe him over you.

You think that Big Nog wasn't on the juice since his lil bro was?!?!

CC was on the juice as well.

Fedor was most likely as well.

Why wouldn't he just use them in the U.S. too?

Beats me! Maybe he wasn't comfortable with the testing protocols or there was some other logistical challenge.

It's all speculation, but he went from lethal to suddenly old and shot at the ripe old age of 33. I never bought the age/mileage excuses. He fell off because he let his physique go to shit and he wasn't strong enough to deal with the larger fighters anymore. There's no way in hell he should have lost to old man Henderson who was older AND smaller.

Fedor thread yet somehow you have to twist this into a jones bashing thread…

Y’all fuckboys are so insecure with your idol fedro lmao.

Coming from the guy who's been going on about Lil Nog in a Fedor thread.

Insecure about your steroid eating hero?

Beats me! Maybe he wasn't comfortable with the testing protocols or there was some other logistical challenge.

It's all speculation, but he went from lethal to suddenly old and shot at the ripe old age of 33. I never bought the age/mileage excuses. He fell off because he let his physique go to shit and he wasn't strong enough to deal with the larger fighters anymore. There's no way in hell he should have lost to old man Henderson who was older AND smaller.

At what age are fighters supposed to start aging by then?

That is because he was fighting UFC caliber opponents in the cage and pride caliber opponents in the ring, very few crossed over and done that good with the exception of Hendo, Rampage, big Nog etc. Fedor is maybe all time a top 15 guy when compared to UFC guys. I mean Matt Mitrione just stomped the shit out of him, need I say more? Matt lost to fucking Travis Browne when Travis had started his downhill slide.
how many of the UFC guys are still fighting when Fedor was Champ?
I'll wait

At what age are fighters supposed to start aging by then?

In the heavier weight classes the fighters seem to not really fall off until 37-38 years old. Any success in the 40+ range makes me super suspicious.

But going from god emperor of MMA to losing most of your fights at 33? Nope - something else is going on.

In the heavier weight classes the fighters seem to not really fall off until 37-38 years old. Any success in the 40+ range makes me super suspicious.

But going from god emperor of MMA to losing most of your fights at 33? Nope - something else is going on.

Oh, really?

Someone should tell that to Frank Mir, Big Nog, Cain Velasquez, Junior Dos Santos, Igor Vovchanchyn, Tim Sylvia, Bigfoot Silva, Derrick Lewis, Gabriel Gonzaga,

Fedor Emelianenko - 31-2 before 33 years old.... 5-3 afterwards.

Frank Mir - 16-5 before 33 years old... 2-5 afterwards
Tim Sylvia - 24-3 before 33 years old... 7-7 afterwards.
Noguiera - 31-5 before 33 years old ... 2-5 afterwards.
Bigfoot Silva - 16-4 before turning 33 years old... 2-8 afterwards.
Andrei Arlovski - 18-9 before turning 33 years old.... 7-6 afterwards.
Brock Lesnar - 4-1 before 33 years old... 0-2 afterwards.
Gabriel Gonzaga - 12-6 before 33 years old.... 4-5 afterwards

Vovchanchyn - Didn't even make it to 33 years old.
Cain Velasquez - 12-1 before 33 years old... 1-1 afterwards. Body so broken he fights every 2 yrs.
Junior Dos Santos - Still only 32 and looks nowhere near the same.
Derrick Lewis - Back so bad he wants to retire.

So yeah... acting like Fedor is the only one who was severely diminished by 33 is a really stupid thing to say.

Oh, really?

Someone should tell that to Frank Mir, Big Nog, Cain Velasquez, Junior Dos Santos, Igor Vovchanchyn, Tim Sylvia, Bigfoot Silva, Derrick Lewis, Gabriel Gonzaga,

Cain Velasquez - 12-1 before 33 years old... 1-1 afterwards. Body so broken he fights every 2 yrs.

So yeah... acting like Fedor is the only one who was severely diminished by 33 is a really stupid thing to say.
Man assuming all that is accurate it's one hell of an observation. Certainly says a lot! Especially with Cain having so little fights compared to many others like Crocop and Vovchanchyn who both had over 100 fights by that age between kickboxing and mma.

His explosive style obviously works better in a ring, where he can corner his opponents quicker. Cro Cop also never adapted good.

Oh, really?

Re-filter that to peel off the 37+ age range and you'll see that their losses are heavily slanted towards the end. You can't just say 33+ and ignore the ones in the range where we both agree they're too old.

Funny thing about this is that fedor fanboys drool at the notion that he didn’t take much punishment in his career prior to fighting in a cage. Same guys that are liking your post say that shit. It’s comically hypocritical.
I thought people said he was a cyborg because he took so many beatings and kept moving forward.

Re-filter that to peel off the 37+ age range and you'll see that their losses are heavily slanted towards the end. You can't just say 33+ and ignore the ones in the range where we both agree they're too old.

Show me the proof that they're not declined at 33.

That is because he was fighting UFC caliber opponents in the cage and pride caliber opponents in the ring, very few crossed over and done that good with the exception of Hendo, Rampage, big Nog etc. Fedor is maybe all time a top 15 guy when compared to UFC guys. I mean Matt Mitrione just stomped the shit out of him, need I say more? Matt lost to fucking Travis Browne when Travis had started his downhill slide.
did you just start watching this sport 3 years ago

Fedor thread yet somehow you have to twist this into a jones bashing thread…

Y’all fuckboys are so insecure with your idol fedro lmao.

You are accusing fighter of using PEDs with "Jon Jones " nickname..

You are a walking joke. lol

tenor.gif

Oh, really?

Lol fedor fought absolute CANS after he started to lose. 2 fight fighter Jaideep, no knees monson, no knees Rizzo, ufc reject Fábio, and Ishii lol. The other guys that you listed fought MUCH SUPERIOR COMP. Mir losses are to absolute killers same with Lesnar, Arlovski, gonzaga. The only one who lost to scrubs was Bigfoot. Nice try but your numbers need more context.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back