Fedor in the worst shape of his career...

Except SRR was forced to continue because the IRS took his money. Fedor could make more than enough money outside the cage im sure. He probably still competes because he loves to, just like crocop.
Well, they "took his money" because he never paid his taxes in the first place.

30bea914dbe40c224d53e671e903efb8cd6bafe2b599f8fd341ed8136af75f23.jpg

Except SRR was forced to continue because the IRS took his money. Fedor could make more than enough money outside the cage im sure. He probably still competes because he loves to, just like crocop.

Yeah, those two are true sportsmen and warriors. Both of them are also set at least for a couple generations.

I stand with Aleks. Fedor has surrounded himself with Yes Men.

But to be honest, complaining about the environment is one step closer to a diva attitude that I think should be discouraged. If you're a fighter, it would behoove you to be able to adapt to your surroundings (especially since evidently MMA doesn't have the standardization of having the same competing environment everywhere).

It's going to get real ridiculous if MMA becomes like boxing where fighters will need to have long negotiations about the size and fabric of gloves prior to each fight.

There's nothing Diva about the legitimate differences between a cage and a ring. The way you move your feet and the way you can effectively grapple are significantly different between a ring and a cage.
You can sprawl against a double-leg in a ring but can't do it when your back's to a cage, and you it's way harder to complete a single-leg when the guy just digs his shoulders into a cage to prevent himself from getting rotated off-balance. There's a reason you used to hear a lot about a guy's great single-leg but the second Pride went under it became all about having a great double-leg. A lot of guys even have an easier time getting takedowns in a cage than a ring because their styles are built around the double-leg, and the drop-down-and-secure-your-grip-while-they-do-the-splits-and-try-to-break-the-grip-of-one-of-your-arms game is way easier to 'em than figuring out how to get your single-legs to be better or mastering counter-timing to ensure your double-legs work well (which, to be honest, it is.)
In a cage, if you want to use a good clinch game, a gigantic part of it is just pushing the other guy into the fence to neutralize a lot of the things they can do, since they'll be so upright and easier to work over; in a ring you have to work a lot more on holds and switching between grips because you can't just force someone up against the ropes as solidly as you can a cage. You also have a lot less time to work with to get a takedown from double underhooks in a ring compared to a cage for both of those reasons; the guy can sprawl their legs out and regain their footing and balance no matter where they are, which, for obvious reasons, leaves just wrapping one of your legs over theirs for a trip or dropping down for a double-leg much harder to execute.
If your takedown style is Greco-Roman and built around getting double-underhooks and working the guy against the cage while patiently looking for a takedown, you're gonna have a much harder time doing it in a ring. If you get put into a reverse bear-hug in a ring your options are way more open because you're not gonna be constantly wedged against something, so you can constantly keep your balance while working to break the grip (and even work for a double wristlock ala Kazushi Sakuraba). The only places you can wedge a guy up against something in a ring are the corners, and those are a lot easier to get out of because it's only four spots, and even against them they can sprawl.
Just mastering a single-leg and a double-leg to the point where they work against high-level wrestlers are things that take years of practice and change in order to adapt, just as defending against them is; it's not something you can just pick up in a couple months. Expecting fighters to just be able to do that is setting an unreasonable standard that next to nobody is going to be able to reach.

I actually think Fedor is capable of beating anyone in this tourney, save for Bader.

Wouldn't surprise me if he cracked Mir's chin then outworked a fat Rampage on his way to the finals. He's still faster and more agile than most HWs.

That "can" beat King Mo and Amir Aliakbari within 2-days of each other at age 43 and is on a 7-fight win streak. Like to see you fight over 20 years, you're bound to have ups and down with injuries, etc. I'm not sure Fedor would even beat King Mo at this stage of his career and I like Fedor

Mirko's post-pride career was an absolute flop, no if's, and's, or but's about it. He's had some success now that he's back in Japan and juiced to the gills.

Fedor had first round finishes of Arlovski and Sylvia post-Pride.

Mirko's post-pride career was an absolute flop, no if's, and's, or but's about it. He's had some success now that he's back in Japan and juiced to the gills.

Read above post from eseseses681.

Of course he is better now, when he got away of false american rules and field.

Last edited:

Both those fights were in a ring. Fedor's Cage record is just as bad as Cro Cop's

Fedor is 2-4 or 1-5 in the cage depending on how you count the Maldonado fight..

Both those fights were in a ring. Fedor's Cage record is just as bad as Cro Cop's

Fedor is 2-4 or 1-5 in the cage depending on how you count the Maldonado fight..

Why is ring more valid? Rings are absolutely not conducivr to grappling, and thus not conducive to mma.

Which environment do you feel is more indicative of an actual fight? Outside of Japan, where does MMA even take place in a ring anymore?

But just for the record, here's a list of fighters who attained a high level in both environments:

Nog, Lil Nog, Hendo, Rampage, Reem, Shogun, Wand, Chuck, Hunt...

Poor CroCop simply forgot how to fight once he was in a cage huh?

Most overrated fighter ever, by far. His legacy is based solely on "what if's." And he was only a success in leagues that ENCOURAGE PED use. And even then, his best win is a decision over Barnett.

Last edited:
FEDOR doesnt stay in fight shape at all......he has more busy schedule then anyone in the tourney.

Like all of his last couple fights he does cardio and basic technique training while traveling around,then as fight time narrows in he starts his strength and conditioning and increases sparring.

He will be in shape come april....
Round is a shape.

The lightning doesn't help either.

He was a kickboxer who fought in a ring his whole life. The cage must have been a culture shock, has always been my take on it.

To be fair Frank looks to be in terrible shape as well.

HOLY SHIT, I CANT WAIT! Thank you Scott Coker!! This is one stacked tournament. I love how Fedor laughs after all the previous guys intros like hes the gatekeeper. ;)

Hope he gets depper into the tournament to avenge 5yrs ago.

Some of my favorite fighters are fighting so its a little heartbreaking to see. May the best man win.

I was expecting smaller muscles like that pic a few years back before the Hendo fight.

His upper body looks bulked, it's just that he has more fat now.

Back