Fedor has to go through not one, but two double-leg-top-control masters

Sonnen isnt an easy fight for Fedor to win but if he stops a few takedowns hes going to fuck Sonnen up. If Fedor cant stop the takedowns he will be in for a long night. With the way Bader looked tonight I find it hard to believe that Fedor at 42 will be able to handle the wrestling and and the pace of Bader. Bader is a monster at 235lbs.

I think that's gonna be the likely match up. I don't see Sonnen at this point doing much to Fedor, but you never know. Sonnen is aggressive and so awkward he could catch Fedor with something....that concerns me more than his wrestling. Bader is much tougher fight for him. One thing for sure....Bader is gonna be so afraid to stand with Fedor he'll be shooting that double leg from the locker room.

Yes because BJJ guys are notirious for there TDD...

You do understand that Mir has been a mma fighter since 2001 and its 2018 lol. I am pretty certain at some point in that long career he worked on just a bit of wrestling.

Just a few fights ago

giphy.gif

Then a few submission attempts and guard passes later...

giphy.gif
Does that even counts? That Indian guy is a k1 fighter.

Does that even counts?
Indeed it does. Shows Fedor in his return relying on his takedowns, submissions, and GNP to counter a K1 fighter, which was the smart move and right gameplan.

Indeed it does. Shows Fedor in his return relying on his takedowns, submissions, and GNP to counter a K1 fighter, which was the smart move and right gameplan.
Yeah sorry but it doesn't . Indian guy is not a MMA fighter, didn't know wtf was going on and Fedor is a judoka/sambist. A better example would've been Mir.

giphy.gif

Yeah sorry but it doesn't . Indian guy is not a MMA fighter, didn't know wtf was going on and Fedor is a judoka/sambist. A better example would've been Mir.

giphy.gif
It depends what the point is. But yes he also used his grappling to counter Mir.

Chael has always performed poorly at higher weight classes.

Don't forget the reason he went down to middleweight in the first place was because he was getting whooped at LHW.

Then when he came back up to LHW he hasn't exactly impressed. Lost to Jon Jones, which there's no shame in that, except for the fact that he couldn't even make it interesting. It's Jones' only 1st round victory since becoming champ.

Lost to rashad.
Beat Shogun, which is impressive, although Shogun can be hot and cold too.

Then the 1st round domination by an aged Tito, which is much worse.

Beat wandy but literally anyone in MMA can do that nowadays.

Beat rampage. Good for him but we all know that says more about rampage than it does Chael.

Last edited:
Yes because BJJ guys are notirious for there TDD...

You are the one who brought up Fedor taking down Jaideep not mattering because Jaideep was a whitebelt, moron.

Fedor will handle Sonnen easily, but I definitely feel like Bader could win 100%,
I also feel like Fedor could pull off a Tito Ortiz on him.

I want to see Fedor vs Bader. I see Bader doing this at first.
hPeXRi3.jpg

Bader will dominate Fedor then all of a sudden Fedor explodes to gain top position.
9vuQeaf.gif

Bader is lost on his back Fedor goes to work and pulls of an incredible submission to win.
hHJzu8Q.gif

Hey anything is possible when it comes down to Fedor. We can all dream something like this will happen.

Prime Fedor was just amazing to watch. Why else would he still be considered the GOAT and why would all of us after all these years be on the edge of our seats with heart pounding watching to see if his greatness will advance him to the final for another crack at being a champion one more time.

Last edited:
You do understand that Mir has been a mma fighter since 2001 and its 2018 lol. I am pretty certain at some point in that long career he worked on just a bit of wrestling.

Yes everybody fighting since early 2000's have amazing TDD...

Do you actually think about the stuff you write??

Fedor hasnt subbed anyone in 10 years. And really havet seen Fedor on his back in just as long in a match. Hopefully his weight advantage is what gives him the ability to control Sonnen's wrestling, because Sonnen most likely will want this on the ground.

Sonnen isnt an easy fight for Fedor to win but if he stops a few takedowns hes going to fuck Sonnen up. If Fedor cant stop the takedowns he will be in for a long night. With the way Bader looked tonight I find it hard to believe that Fedor at 42 will be able to handle the wrestling and and the pace of Bader. Bader is a monster at 235lbs.

Bader +20lbs of lean muscle makes him a scary dude,Wasnt slowed by it at all either......bader is legit at hw.

Yes everybody fighting since early 2000's have amazing TDD...

Do you actually think about the stuff you write??

Is there something wrong with you?? Someone made a point that Fedor took Mir down easy and you made the point that BJJ fighters are not known for TDD.

My point again...is that just cause Mir is a BJJ based fighter...he has in his time trained and developed his wrestling game. Him being a BJJ guy is not relevant because there are many that have developed great wrestling who are BJJ based. And fighters from early 2000s has nothing to do with this topic, I made the point with Mir cause he's been in the game a long time. I could have said anyone from the mid 2000s or early 2010s.

GSP and BJ Penn, both don't have a wrestling base and its Karate and BJJ and these guys have incredible TDD and GSP offensive wrestling. Tibau is another example of great tdd. RDA is another BJJ based fighter who developed very good wrestling.

Fighters develop as they cross train in other disciplines. Get it??

Last edited:
Id love to see Fedor grapple and finish Sonnen with a sub, rather than a KO.

Man some of you guys sound like me a few years ago, Fedor is a shell of what he was. Even Sonnen can knock him out.The guy that got dumped on his head and still won by submission has been gone for years. Fedor turned into Chuck, a guy who could do it all but settled at the end of his career for swinging from his heels and looking for knockouts. Fedor no longer goes into matches with a game plan. I seriously would be shocked to see him beat Sonnen and no way he can hang with Bader at this point in his life.

Back