Fedor has beat 5 of the 10 best HWs of all-time (in my unassailable opinion)

can you imagine of Overeen fought Fedor in Strikeforce which was the dream fight they could never get (because Fedor's team always backed out)

Fedor would have been destroyed

(or Overeem would have been KO'd, its what he does)

He has not beaten 1 top ten Hw and he is barely in the top 10 himself imo.

Your title is understating things.
Should be "Fedor beat 5 of the 9 other best hws of all time".
1. Fedor
2. Miocic
3. Nogueira
4. Werdum
5. CroCop
6. Velasquez
7. Sylvia
8. Arlovski
9. Dos Santos
10. Coleman
Sylvia at 7 and Ovreem nowhere to be found? Really?

Not trying to bash or claim you are insane here, but I would like a motivation.

Sure, Tim was the champ, but he's usually looked down upon.

At the time he beat them theyw ere good wins, but this all time best list is questionable in my opinion.

LOL @ some writer from Sherdog knowing more about mma than me! I made this thread to help inform the userbase and you are taking them in the opposite direction with terrible citations from pseudo-journalists.
your list is...feeble.

conclusions based on strong arguments are better than conclusions based on feeble ones. you and i agree on the conclusion. and the foundation of your argument is, IMO, feeble.

which is fine. it's subjective. power to ya, sir.
~~~
to me, a stronger (though easier to make) argument is that Fedor was the best of his era. Pride HW's were stronger as a group than UFC HW's. and after Fedor beat the best of the Pride HW's, we wrecked 2 of the 3 best HW's from UFC - albeit after they left the UFC.

but being 2 of the best 3 HW's in the UFC in the mid-00's does not necessarily make Sylvia and Arlovski top 10 ever. i mean cmon man, if you listed the top 10 HW's from 2003 to 2008, Sylvia and AA might be #7 and #8 lol. all time?!? sheesh.

but in your mind apparently it does. have a good weekend ;)

Last edited:
I don't agree with that list

Still i consider Fedor the HW goat, simply because i will favor best version of Fedor over best version of any other MMA HW i ever seen

Cain and JDS are the closest ones imho

your list is...feeble.

conclusions based on strong arguments are better than conclusions based on feeble ones. you and i agree on the conclusion. and the foundation of your argument is, IMO, feeble.

which is fine. it's subjective. power to ya, sir.
~~~
to me, a stronger (though easier to make) argument is that Fedor was the best of his era. Pride HW's were stronger as a group than UFC HW's. and after Fedor beat the best of the Pride HW's, we wrecked 2 of the 3 best HW's from UFC - albeit after they left the UFC.

but being 2 of the best 3 HW's in the UFC in the mid-00's does not necessarily make Sylvia and Arlovski top 10 ever. i mean cmon man, if you listed the top 10 HW's from 2003 to 2008, Sylvia and AA might be #7 and #8 lol. all time?!? sheesh.

but in your mind apparently it does. have a good weekend ;)
It's hard to have a good weekend when I read such a negative and biased assessment of the near perfect list I presented.

Sylvia at 7 and Ovreem nowhere to be found? Really?

Not trying to bash or claim you are insane here, but I would like a motivation.

Sure, Tim was the champ, but he's usually looked down upon.
All-time lists should be accomplishment based. Even that is subjective, but not nearly as subjective as trying to imagine what would happen in fights that never occurred. Sylvia was the UFC HW champ with the most title defenses up until a few weeks ago. Overeem fell short of winning a championship in Pride or the UFC. Yes, he LOOKED much better than Sylvia, but so did Arlovski at the time they fought and Sylvia took 2 out of those 3. Overeem just never won at the highest levels so I can't rate him that highly. TBH, I'd put Barnett, Couture, Rutten and some others ahead of him in addition to those that I already have on my list.

I don't agree with that list

Still i consider Fedor the HW goat, simply because i will favor best version of Fedor over best version of any other MMA HW i ever seen

Cain and JDS are the closest ones imho
Didn't read past the bold text.

Coleman and likely Sylvia don't really belong on the list. Barnett is definitely ahead of both of them.

And JDS has wins over 4 of them only because they have refused to make the Arlovski fight for whatever reason then it would be 5.

But he is 9th?

Valesquez beat 2 but is 6th? Cro Cop beat how many and is 5th?

I actually just posted sherdog ranking of all time ww

Oh ok.

Still, he has a win over a 21 year old Lawler and he is all of a sudden in the top 10 WWs of all time?

What was Sherdog thinking?

gsp beat 6

10. condit
9. miletich
8. diaz
7. woodley
6. hendricks
5. fitch
4. shields
3. lawler
2. hughes
1. gsp

Didn’t know those guys were hw...

Btw Jon has 7 over top 10 lhw

Shogun
Rampage
Machida
Vitor
Evans
Dc
Gus

the resumee of jon jones is better imo if there wasnt this steroid thing and he likes to eye poke (i dont like that). he beat these guys in their prime.
but who knows... in the fedor times everybody was on steroids... nobody tested there.. but if both are on steroids its kinda the same competition.

jon jones wins:

shogun (prime)
lyoto machida (prime)
vitor belford (prime)
chael sonnen (prime)
gustaffson (prime)
cormier (prime)
evans (prime)

he also beat dan henderson in a grappling match but dan henderson was old.

jon jones just needs to prove him against same size high level HW fighters like stipe, cain velasquez and ngannou to make a stamp...
but jon jones is banned. one of the most wasted talents in combat sports history.

Last edited:
Oh ok.

Still, he has a win over a 21 year old Lawler and he is all of a sudden in the top 10 WWs of all time?

What was Sherdog thinking?

You must have missed his Strikeforce run

And JDS has wins over 4 of them only because they have refused to make the Arlovski fight for whatever reason then it would be 5.

But he is 9th?

Valesquez beat 2 but is 6th? Cro Cop beat how many and is 5th?
Cro Cop has 2 times more quality wins in his career than Velasquez.
Mirko beat twice more quality and dangerous fighters in his career than Cain.

Back