Fedor had 9 pounds on Chael Sonnen.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
Chael Sonnen and his fans acting like Chael Sonnen was a middleweight fighting heavyweight.

For example, Sonnen weighed in heavier against Fedor than Fedor did against Henderson. Just because someone fights at certain weight class, it doesn't mean that they are necessarily smaller by same proportions.

Look at Rumble. Is he a welterweight fighting lightheavyweights just because he used to fight at welterweights?

I thought official weights was 11lbs difference?

The guy moving up in weight who impresses me is Bader. Dude is weighing in at 230 and still sporting a six pack. That cut to 205 must be brutal for him.

Chael ragdolled Fedora at times.

Fedora is lucky Chael screwed up because the fight was starting to look like it was gonna be a long night for the Russian.

We should just forget that fight ever happened. The Mir fight was nice, it was good to see Fedor get a win. But if Sonnen actually put any real effort in it seemed like he would of won that fight.

Functional weight

Wanderlei out-weighed Cro Cop by 5lbs when they last fought, who is bigger tho?

Sonnen is a middleweight and Fedor is a heavyweight. That's where they fought the majority of their respective careers.

Shut the fuck up dummy.

I mean, yeah, there's no need for excuses. But come on - it's like saying Eddie Alvarez is a middleweight cause he walks around at 195lbs. Chael has small bones, he's a legit MW. Even LHW is too much for him. He looked like Tito's little brother with a hair piece in his Bellator debut.

Okay, Rumble must be welterweight then. Since he spent majority of his career there.

Makes sense. What's your Iq, is it two digits or one digit

The guy moving up in weight who impresses me is Bader. Dude is weighing in at 230 and still sporting a six pack. That cut to 205 must be brutal for him.

I would have never guessed Bader had those all-natty, Cuban genes.

Chael Sonnen and his fans acting like Chael Sonnen was a middleweight fighting heavyweight.

For example, Sonnen weighed in heavier against Fedor than Fedor did against Henderson. Just because someone fights at certain weight class, it doesn't mean that they are necessarily smaller by same proportions.

Look at Rumble. Is he a welterweight fighting lightheavyweights just because he used to fight at welterweights?
Are you suggesting beating this Chael Sonnen is a good win?

Are you suggesting beating this Chael Sonnen is a good win?

For me Sonnen is a scrub. But yes, because I like Fedor and I thought Fedor might lose because he's washed up. And Sonnen didn't seem like he was washed up, probably wreslters have a longer life span like Couture, Hendo, Lindland, like TEAM QUEST fighters

Rumble's skull alone weighs more than Chael, so who even cares. Whatever.

According to people, he's still a welterweight, just like Sonnen is a middleweight. What's next, Tito's skull alone is a lightheavyweight?

I mean, yeah, there's no need for excuses. But come on - it's like saying Eddie Alvarez is a middleweight cause he walks around at 195lbs. Chael has small bones, he's a legit MW. Even LHW is too much for him. He looked like Tito's little brother with a hair piece in his Bellator debut.

Tito finished Chael faster than Fedor.

Tito is GOAT.

It wasnt even a good 9 pounds considering it was all fat lol

For me Sonnen is a scrub. But yes, because I like Fedor and I thought Fedor might lose because he's washed up. And Sonnen didn't seem like he was washed up, probably wreslters have a longer life span like Couture, Hendo, Lindland, like TEAM QUEST fighters
I disagree with the assessment of Sonnen, he looks horrible. I liked Fedor too, but he doesn't have what it takes to be elite and that's ok, he once did and for a very long time. Age happens, it's happened for them and that fight was a B-Level fight at best.

despite his success at HW, Fedor is really a LHW by modern standards. He clearly carries around a bit of extra weight and making 205 would have been a breeze.

I've long maintained that Fedor's ideal move (from strictly a competitive standpoint, rather than personal life) would have been to drop to LHW following Pride (or at least after Affliction), diversified or completely changed camps, and joined the UFC.

A slimmed down Fedor, with a new camp to better evolve his game, could have ruled the UFC LHW division for *years*, IMHO.

as for Sonnen, his future is at 205...but good luck dealing with the likes of Bader, Davis, etc.

Does anyone remember the time when prime Fedor got KO’d by a 50 yo WW in the first round?
hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

Can’t wait to see how the “HW Goat” does against a mediocre career LHW.

It all depends.
If you want AJ to sound badass, you claim he was a WW that was smashing LHW's.
But if you want to put him down, you claim he was a LHW starving himself to make WW.

It only depends if you want to put someone up or down.

Back