Fedor feeling better prepared, better physically for Matt Mitrione

While Maldonado has competent boxing, it's clear to see how much Fedor has declined physically I have been watching him for well over a decade and hated him for quite a bit (big mirko fan) and his reflexes are shot, his strength looks drained, his speed is also shot.... the point is a lot of guys can get to fedor as he is whether they are a washed up football player or a washed up boxer..... and for the record meathead has some power in his hands if he hits him like Maldonado did he's going to sleep. I hope he wins though and retires
I am not arguing that Fedor has declined a lot, both physically and in his approach to fighting and training.
all I am saying is that Maldonado is 24-0 in boxing with most wins by KO. Meathead is not KOing Fedor cold. he can GNP him to TKO, but that is about it. Fedor will be giving up a lot of muscle mass in this fight.

As long as we're in a Fedor thread, I mention to all Fedor fans that this month's fighters only has basically half the magazine dedicated to Fedor from the beginning to present.

Didn't he outgrapple Singh?
Yes he did...but that was in a ring...when he steps into a cage...there is barely to none grappling from his side.
The difference between ring and cage and the way how he fights...is pretty big...

I ever though how (and IF) that story gone on... is'nt Putin personal friend with Fedor?
Putin is friends with Fedor, Putin is friends with Kadyrov. And that is the exact reason why conflict hasn't escalated further - Putin told Fedor to leave Kadyrov's little kid MMA torneys alone and told Kadyrov to hold his dogs in check and leave Fedor alone.

I really like both of these guys and I hate the idea of Matt Mitrione knocking out of Fedor Emelianenko -- it just sounds wrong -- but there's a really high likelihood of that now that Fedor's become Mr. Shootout in his waning years.

The difference between ring and cage and the way how he fights...is pretty big...
I have never understood why. Based on his CroCop fight I would have thought that walk-down footwork would translate elegantly to the cage in cutting off escapes. Is it because he often ended grappling with a belly-down armbar, which usually required him to pop into position and extend his body, and against the cage there's relatively less room to make such a maneuver?

Fedor will probably do the stanky leg again.

I do worry about Fedor...he was already starting to slow down around the time of his Arlovski/Brett Rodgers fights. Prime Fedor would have murked Bigfoot and most likely Hendo as well. Mitrione is a big, strong, and fast athlete. Bad combo for Fedor to handle.

I wish Fedor would fight Randy in a legends match (#1 and #2 ranked MMA fighters of their era) and then retire for good.

This fight makes me nervous. I don't want to live in a world where mitrione has a win over Fedor.

I have never understood why. Based on his CroCop fight I would have thought that walk-down footwork would translate elegantly to the cage in cutting off escapes.
It's much more difficult to cut someone off and walk them down in a cage. In a ring, there's corners and they help.

If he does a casting punch into double underhook trip into GNP i will bust a nut.

But he probably won´t :(

Is it because he often ended grappling with a belly-down armbar, which usually required him to pop into position and extend his body, and against the cage there's relatively less room to make such a maneuver?
Maybe...i don't know...
He went for an armbar in the Rogers fight against the cage and missed it...but if i remember correctly, he was allready head hunting the minutes before that...

After watching fedor's fight with maldonado, I can't disagree with you...Fedor's skill set has deteriated to the point of him just throwing looping punches non stop...If that doesn't work, he has nothing else...gone are his grappling and submission game...If fedor was smart, he'd just take meat head down and ground and pound him or tap him...
He is now the lost emperor

Maldonado is 24-0 in professional boxing and has held titles too. Meathead is a washed up football player.
what Fabio did to Fedor has no relevance to what Meathead can do.

Maldonado is also a LHW.

Giving Fabio too much credit, and Mitrione not enough.

Fedor lost that fight too btw - horrible decision.

I am not arguing that Fedor has declined a lot, both physically and in his approach to fighting and training.
all I am saying is that Maldonado is 24-0 in boxing with most wins by KO. Meathead is not KOing Fedor cold. he can GNP him to TKO, but that is about it. Fedor will be giving up a lot of muscle mass in this fight.
Hendo knocked him cold...He's smaller then Matt

Back