Fedor Fans, How Do You Explain

I respect Fedor for never cutting, and always facing guys that were bigger. But he was so flabby he def could have fought 205. Many say he just hated cardio and loved to eat. I would say he never ducked guys, but lets be real, he fought at least 10 guys that make his streak thin. Not his wins, but the streak. I do wonder if he had fought the 3 guys he lost to in a row, a Randy, Brock, Mir, in 2006 how many he would win and lose.
When you are a smaller guy fighting at heavyweight, you rely on speed and technique. With age and wear and tear, the speed and technique can slip. The surviving of many blows to the head by big guys, over the years, can also take its toll. He just aged naturally, to me, and that is why he slipped. Is he still a bad man? Sure, but he is a shell of his former self and no amount of competition, one way or the other can change that.

So mousasi prime is at bellator ? Lol, great prime .

Fedor did not even lose until he was 33.

GSP retired at 32.

At 32, Cain lost his belt and it is fair to say he declined because he has 3 fights in 5 years.

JDS declined before 32 and has now been KTFO in 2 of his last 3 fights. Fair to say he declined.

Moose has never been ranked #1 or even #2, let alone for 7 years.

No excuses need to be made for Fedor. He went 10 years undefeated and all these other UFC stars have declined quicker with half as many fights as Fedor.

GOAT

11235.jpg

Last edited:
Gegard Mousasi, according to Wikipedia, being 32 years old, with a record of 43-6-2, and not being "out of his prime"?

Compare this to Fedor (since some of you think he is the Gold Standard), who was 29-1(NC) at the same age, and already "out of his prime" according all his fans.

Explain.

Different weight class, HW is harder.

Different opponents, Fedor had way better competition.

Moose has losses in his prime.

Fedor has no losses in his prime.

Moose is also declining since in his last fight he got Quasimodoed.

Also, WAR FEDOR !!!!!!

Gegard Mousasi, according to Wikipedia, being 32 years old, with a record of 43-6-2, and not being "out of his prime"?

Compare this to Fedor (since some of you think he is the Gold Standard), who was 29-1(NC) at the same age, and already "out of his prime" according all his fans.

Explain.

This could be confusing to you, but the explanation is that they in fact are two different human beings.

As Marvin Hagler said, “'It's real hard to get up at 5am & run 5 miles when you're in a 4 post bed wearing silk pajamas”. Fedor was dirt poor & became a multi-millionaire. This is why he stopped being top dog. The hunger was gone.
God. He became way to religious

Gegard didn't start fighting until 2003. The first elite level fighter he fought was in 2006.
Fedor started fighting in 2000. The first elite level fighter he fought was in 2000.

Mileage people. It's a real thing.

Explain.
I am a fan of him but I don't find excuse for his losses and I don't think I own you any explanations...

People who hate Fedor clearly didn't watch his long run of dominance. Primes don't last 20 years. He went undefeated for 10. Pride was the number one mma organization in the world. He beat some inferior guys, but he also beat prime killers and roided monsters. The dude was a terminator and ahead of his time. He aged like a normal athlete. Fedor started to head hunt and got sloppy later on. Not everyone will agree that he's the mma GOAT, but to diminish his legacy is just plain dumb.

Fedor was in his prime for the Rogers, Wedrum, Hendo, and bigfoot fights. The decline narrative is all cope from the Fedor fanboys that need him to be the goat to not be depessed in live. He was always a beatable fighter, people just like to pretend that he didn't lose to a middleweight Arona, nearly get killed by journeyman like Randleman and Fujita, and nearly kimura subbed by BJJ ace Mark fucking Hunt in his supposed "prime"

Fedor also did sambo tournaments during that same era with several fights per tournament.
You can probably add 50 or more fights to his record.

Well age had nothing to do with getting caught in a sub in one minute to a World Class BJJ champion......Don't have to make excuses for a guy like Fedor, he was a great fighter. Then he lost some. Had he faced these guys earlier, he would have won some and lost some. That's just reality.

He got snarled by the cage and submitted. He had shrugged off the first couple of attempts and likely would have that one but for the cage. He had spent most of his career fighting in a ring.

And that isn't reality, that's your opinion. It's fiction. It never happened. Maybe it would have, but we can never know.

Mileage isn't a factor with Fedor, he almost won all of his fight handily, he has not taken a lot of blows to the head or damage, that's why some people call him the greatest.
Fight experience is a plus not a minus.

At 9 minute Khabib says that a fighter should go professional after 200-250 amateur matches, like he did, and that experience is absolutely vital to be successful.

Injuries are the real game changer, some fighter lose a step when they started to add injuries, but for Fedor doesn't seem to be the case either, he never said a thing.

Or the elephant in the room, some fighters decline simply because they don't train hard enough, but that has nothing to do with physiological decline.

"A few numbers close to a factual statement"

You didnt say "related to MMA"

"It's not something where you can post a few numbers and have anything close to a factual statement."

It, in this case, refers to the topic at hand which is the fighting prime of MMA fighters.

{<huh}

Are you really that narrow minded. Here let me help you. It is called using your eyes and coming to a conclusion. When someone starts to slow down they are no longer able to do the things they did and become more simple in their approach.

How can this happen at different times you ask? Ah, well. I can help you there also. How is it that you see two people buy the same car and one wears out faster than the other? Different drivers maybe? Maybe one was built better than the other? Why are 2 children born and one is a faster runner than the other? Why when those children get into their thirties, does one look much older than the other?

You see the lesson we learned here today? The answer to your question as to why has no simple answer and could be a combination of reasons. The quick observation is that it did happen if one takes the time to have a look.

The real lesson learned here today is before asking stupid questions trying to be clever, take a look at what you are saying and make sure it doesn't make you look like an imbecile. Use your eyes and your brain.

Back