Fedor Fans, How Do You Explain

Well age had nothing to do with getting caught in a sub in one minute to a World Class BJJ champion......Don't have to make excuses for a guy like Fedor, he was a great fighter. Then he lost some. Had he faced these guys earlier, he would have won some and lost some. That's just reality.

Fedor didn't lose until he was 33. Moose is not even 33. Fedor was fighting some elite fighters in his first few fights. Fedor fought for the World Heavyweight Title in his 14th fight and had to defend his #1 world ranking for 7 years.

Moose was getting armbarred by Gono in his 15th pro fight.

Mousasi actually trained with Fedor a long time ago and wasn't thrown to the wolves right away. Look at all those early fights in the Netherlands. Look how many fights it took Moose to fight Cyborg, Lombard and Kanf who were all good but not super elite.

Basically Mousasi started in 2003 while Fedor started in 2000. Fedor was fighting elite competition like Babalu and Arona in his first few fights and was already fighting top 10 Heavyweights his first figjts in PRIDE. Moose worked his way up from Bushido.

Also, Moose cuts weight to fight at LHW and while Fedor fought heavyweights.

Fedor also was on the Russian National Judo team before MMA and competed in World Sambo championships concurrent with his MMA career. Fedor had a lot of mileage and he also declined when injuries robbed him of his speed and explosiveness. A tall lanky and patient fighter like Moose is usually going to age better than a short explosive fighter but he still didn't accomplish anything close to what Fedor did.

Fedor's prime may have been shorter but it was much more condensed and much more successful. Moose was never the #1 fighter in the world for 7 years.

I am a big Mousasi fan but there is a good chance he will decline in the next couple years with all that mileage. He may possibly already be as we saw in the Schlemenko fight.

Travis Fulton has 300 fights and has been fighting since the 90's but he obviously did not achieve the same success as Fedor.
Mousasi is only 32 with 51 fights, and he can still compete with the best of them in the UFC, but Fedor was finished at this age (according to all his fans).

The writing was on the wall before he started losing. He started getting flabbier and his coaches were saying he has lost some athleticism. If you don't notice the difference I don't know what to tell you. The guy who fought Henson looked nothing physically like the guy who beat the shit out of herring for example.

Also, why do no haters acknowledge the fact that he started losing in sambo around the same time as mma? Did sambo have some swift evolution like people claim mma had? Guy got old and just lost it.

~DaViD~

he did change his gameplan, it used to be about transitions and moving from punches to takedowns to gnp and at some point he turned into this windmilling headhunter
also his coach had said before he began losing that he was losing a step in speed, and people speculated about it on the forums too

even as a fedor fan however, part of it however is also that his matchups changed. i always thought werdum would give him problems, or big wrestlers who also have sub grappling which the hammerhouse guys lacked (god bless them)

I never saw it. He looked the same...and I always remembering him throwing crazy over hand rights with his eyes shut....I agree with the big sub wrestlers though....One of the reasons you don't try to take Werdum down is because he will sub you. His size was eventually going to hurt him.

Well age had nothing to do with getting caught in a sub in one minute to a World Class BJJ champion......Don't have to make excuses for a guy like Fedor, he was a great fighter. Then he lost some. Had he faced these guys earlier, he would have won some and lost some. That's just reality.
He did what he did against Werdum plenty in his career. Even against Nog. Difference was he was able to explode out of those positions when he got caught .

Why do people keep talking about a fighter in or out of their prime when it does not matter, Their is no rewind button to go back and do it a different way. Fedor did not fight stiff competition it is a fact but he can not go back and fight Stipe while he was in his "prime". His career is over...........................done..........................see ya.....................say hello to Frank before he dislocates something on ya

Gegard Mousasi, according to Wikipedia, being 32 years old, with a record of 43-6-2, and not being "out of his prime"?

Compare this to Fedor (since some of you think he is the Gold Standard), who was 29-1(NC) at the same age, and already "out of his prime" according all his fans.

Explain.

1) Fedor fought bigger guys.
2) Fedor was in wars against HW's
3) Styles are different
4) Fedor ruled Pride while Mouse didn't even stay at the top for a long period of time
5) Fedor did not get used to the new rules, Mouse did
6) Fedor did not get used to fight in the Octagon, Mouse did

But mostly:
7) people age differently.

Last edited:
Clearly Fedor's age and mileage were the only reasons he lost, like when he jumped between Werdum's legs. In fact that was why he lost to Hendo, too, the guy who wrestled his whole life (which we know isn't taxing on the body), is smaller, older, and has more fights.

Stop being a hater TS.

Mousasi is only 32 with 51 fights, and he can still compete with the best of them in the UFC, but Fedor was finished at this age (according to all his fans).
I just gave you 100 reasons why their careers are different.

Fedor was undefeated for 10 years at that same age. #1 in the world for 7 years. He didn't lose until 33. Moose is not even 33 yet and looked like he might be declining in his fight with Schlemenko, or Schlemenko is just that good? A lot of people thought Moose deserved to lose.

Moose also started fighting at 18 years old and his first several fights were cans in Holland while Fedor was fighting elite talent like Arona and Babalu and then Schilt, Herring and Nog in his first 13 fights.

Fedor's time was much more productive and condensed. Mousasi never had a 10 year stretch of dominance like Fedor did from 2000 to 2010.

There are basketball players who played much longer than Michael Jordan but that doesn't mean they have accomplished anywhere close to what he did.

As Marvin Hagler said, “'It's real hard to get up at 5am & run 5 miles when you're in a 4 post bed wearing silk pajamas”. Fedor was dirt poor & became a multi-millionaire. This is why he stopped being top dog. The hunger was gone.

Mods should make a Fedor sub-section in these forums.

So all these repeated lame ass threads could get lost in there.

Gegard Mousasi, according to Wikipedia, being 32 years old, with a record of 43-6-2, and not being "out of his prime"?

Compare this to Fedor (since some of you think he is the Gold Standard), who was 29-1(NC) at the same age, and already "out of his prime" according all his fans.

Explain.

As a male nurse, I can tell you for sure that Mousasi drinks mountain dew......Fedor does not.

Blue mountain dew or white.

Fedor ages so quickly, this is what he will look like in 2 years or so.
s-l1600.jpg

Not all people age the same, bro!!!!111!

As Marvin Hagler said, “'It's real hard to get up at 5am & run 5 miles when you're in a 4 post bed wearing silk pajamas”. Fedor was dirt poor & became a multi-millionaire. This is why he stopped being top dog. The hunger was gone.
Yeah. That's another thing too. Both Fedor and Sylvia both went downhill after getting that Trump $$$$ at Affliction.

Fedor kept getting smaller while Sylvia ballooned up to like 300 pounds and lost to Ray Mercer.

Fedor ages so quickly, this is what he will look like in 2 years or so.
s-l1600.jpg

Not all people age the same, bro!!!!111!
Lol. Every fighter ages and declines after 35 fights.

Not everyone achieved what Fedor did. 10 years undefeated. 7 years as World Champ.

Fedor didn't lose until 33.

GSP retired at 32 after struggling with Hendricks and only returned for one fight against 38 year old Bisping.

I never saw it. He looked the same...and I always remembering him throwing crazy over hand rights with his eyes shut....I agree with the big sub wrestlers though....One of the reasons you don't try to take Werdum down is because he will sub you. His size was eventually going to hurt him.
i could be wrong because i haven't wanted to rewatch that fight but, for example, even when he got hurt by maldonado i don't remember him looking for takedowns once, and standing in front of him windmilling is what got him countered in the first place
old fedor would throw his punches to clinch and throw and then gnp which was his strongest suit

maybe he got injured so he can't do takedowns like he used to, maybe he just fell in love with punching after sylvia and arlovski, maybe like sergei he forgot about training ground, i don't know

Different people are affected by the aging process at different rates.

Does this really need to be explained? Lol

Gegard has 51 total fights with a 84% win rate. Fedor has 41 total fights with a 87% win rate. However, Gegard has 10 more fights and fought for the UFC (the premier organization in MMA).

So, I would say they have very comparable records.
Nah Pride was the premier organization up until they were bought out.

Back