Fedor Emelianenko's Best Performances

MMA__Analyst

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Most hardcores know his the goat. The other fighters up for that nomination also know his the goat.

Here is my breakdown of what I think are Fedor's top 10 performances in the ring and the octagon, many against former UFC champs. I judge these wins based on the performance, quality of opponent, and just the legacy that the fight left behind:

https://genius.com/Randomuser-9-fedors-best-performances-annotated

Here are my other breakdowns for:
Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
Big Nog
Dominick Cruz
Shogun Rua

Let me know you feedback good or bad, imporvements, or any fighters you want me to do next.
About Minotau, I consider the Labasanov & Han fights some of his very best performances...

Some dynamic grappling and ground game in his prime, in Rings, in this Achmed Labasanov [RTT] fight, where both were game but Minotau still managed to outsmart the sambo man.

vs the Great Volk Han too, in Rings, and see what kind of prodigy Minotau was. Watch what he dared to do to the Teacher.

Nice write up man, forgot just how big Tim was. He dwarfs fucking Lesnar!

Beating Big Nog and Cro Cop at that time has lost meaning. Epic wins. Arguably the best HW wins ever

He fought Coleman and Nog twice. Might be good to be specific. Also unless I'm mistaken, there doesn't seem to be any analysis. May as well just put the list in the OP.

I mentioned that. I would only seperate them if the fights were noticeably different which they were not. Any major differences I mentioned (fedors improved TDD against coleman the 2nd time), however I put the list in the OP but ppl complained. Check the shogun post.

How he recovered after that Randleman slam is out of control. People think that Chael let him up as a fix? HA! If that monster Kevin couldn't hold him down in side control after that slam, then no one could.

Here is my breakdown of what I think are Fedor's top 10 performances in the ring and the octagon, many against former UFC champs. I judge these wins based on the performance, quality of opponent, and just the legacy that the fight left behind:

Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
Big Nog
Dominick Cruz
Shogun Rua

Let me know you feedback good or bad, imporvements, or any fighters you want me to do next.
About Shogun, even though it was a loss, I consider his rookie fight vs Babalu a fine performance, where he showcased some interesting well-roundedness in his game...

He's had many, even some post Pride like against Tim Slyvia and Arlovski. Tim was fresh off UFC, AA was on a tear. So many good performances. I liked a lot of his early fights like against Semmy and Herring. We got to know who Fedor was.

I mentioned that. I would only seperate them if the fights were noticeably different which they were not. Any major differences I mentioned (fedors improved TDD against coleman the 2nd time), however I put the list in the OP but ppl complained. Check the shogun post.

Yeah sorry I was having trouble seeing the links to the write-ups but then deleted my post when I found them. It's very well done.

It's tough to leave out the Herring fight imo considering the circumstances and the beatdown he put on him. I also thought the win over Arlovski was one of his best performances with how dangerous Andrei looked going into it and personally might rank it a bit higher. Overall nice job.

Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
Big Nog
Dominick Cruz
Shogun Rua

Very cools reviews!

How he beat Cro Cop is pretty damn impressive.

It's tough to leave out the Herring fight imo considering the circumstances and the beatdown he put on him. I also thought the win over Arlovski was one of his best performances with how dangerous Andrei looked going into it. Overall nice job.

Thanks, and I also included the Herring fight since it was a pivotal fight in his career. Thats when he had really made a name for himself. Before that the biggest name he faced was Semmy Schilt, and while it was a dominant and good performance it was a little lack luster.

Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
Big Nog
Dominick Cruz
Shogun Rua

Grappling-wise, Fedor´s fight vs Kerry Shall in Rings is one of my favourites... This is where he showcased his submission arsenal more than in any other fight...

Last edited:
Fedor Ememlianenko returned from death to bless us with a finish...
That is most Messianic moment in all mma...
He might not be the best fighter that ever lived (and he has a solid case to that also) but there is no way he is not the most iconic.

MMA Myth nothing comes close. He is a god or saint by byblical, quoran and herculian proportions!

His armbar of Hong Man Choi is so iconic and such a weird, beautiful image that it shoulb be in the ceilling of the cistini chapel of MMA.

Thanks, and I also included the Herring fight since it was a pivotal fight in his career. Thats when he had really made a name for himself. Before that the biggest name he faced was Semmy Schilt, and while it was a dominant and good performance it was a little lack luster.

Agreed it was a big point in his career (sorry, for some reason I didn't see Herring at 9 and thought Fujita was there). Cheers.

i know in hindsight it was a whatever win, but i thought the way he beat brett rogers in strikeforce was super impressive

i know in hindsight it was a whatever win, but i thought the way he beat brett rogers in strikeforce was super impressive

For sure. That was a dog fight, and it was one of the greatest Ko's of all time. That was the beginning of the end for Fedor imo. He began fading, get reckless, his reflexes were not the same, but that power was still there.

Nogueira I. He beatdown the #1 ranked guy like he was a towel boy for the freshman team... Then everybody ( Sherdog ) knew who he was.

Back