Fedor Emelianenko vs. Chael Sonnen Officially Booked for Oct. 13 in Long Island, New York

The real question is, will Shale finally give Fedor his autograph after defeating him on October 18th?

While I get what you are saying, I wouldn't call beating a fat Rampage Jackson, beating a very big HW. I know it's supposed to be a heavyweight tournament but half the bracket are just bloated LHW

My money is on Mitrione winning the whole thing by the way.

That's a very likely outcome. But yeah, Rampage was what? 260 lbs? He was a very big HW.

In the case of Mir, it was more people saying Fedor losing wouldn't mean anything, and then going crazy with GOAT talk once he won. At least that's how I remember it. The dynamic changes fight to fight though.

I remember it how it happened. 90% of the forum saying Mir was going to finish Fedor and be the guy who will have finished all Pride's top HWs. I had to listen to that crap everyday on here.

I remember it how it happened. 90% of the forum saying Mir was going to finish Fedor and be the guy who will have finished all Pride's top HWs. I had to listen to that crap everyday on here.
I had to hear it from both sides.

It's fine btw. Every Fedor fight you get one side pre-diminishing what the win would mean, while the other emphasizes how him losing wouldn't matter since he's past his prime. Then the result occurs and it all blows up, either Fedor is the GOAT or his legacy is harmed forever. Eventually it calms down.

Last edited:
Fedor gets a pass because he is the greatest and he can do whatever he wants.
Only one of them is a undefeated heavyweight and that man will still be a undefeated heavyweight after this.

Tito easily handled Sonnen just last year, it shouldn't be much of an issue for Fedor, or in fact anyone that actually trains (unlike out of shape Rampage and Wand rolling out of the coach for a last paycheck).
Tito got subbed and refused to admit it.

Still undefeated Chael vs a guy who was undefeated for a decade. Fight of the Century.

I would like to see Chael lose for the first time
Fedor bless
Sorry but the undefeated american gangster chael sonnen is genetically build to not lose , 47-0 soon to be 48-0

Sorry but the undefeated american gangster chael sonnen is genetically build to not lose , 47-0 soon to be 48-0

Chael Sonnen has a win over Russian heavyweight, ezekiel choke master, and UFC Moscow headliner, Oleksiy Oliynyk.

Ariel is such an amazing promoter...

Would love nothing more than for Chael to have wins over Wanderlei/Shogun/Rampage/Fedor

Chael > Pride FC

On paper, this is a much easier fight for Fedor than Mir was. Mir was much bigger, stronger, dangerous submissions, decent striking, moderate takedowns. That isn't to say Sonnen isn't dangerous, he is, Mir is just way more dangerous.

Please Fedor, do not, DO NOT, lose to fucking Sonnen.

Emelianenko vs Sonnen
No matter how many times I see it, it still looks ridiculous.
It's such a lose-lose situation for Emelianenko, if he beats Sonnen, well ofcourse he beat Sonnen, one of the greatest heavyweights of alltime vs a Middleweight. It's not exactly a career defining victory. But if he loses to Sonnen? It's gonna be real hard to keep talking about Fedor as one of the greatest of all time and more ammo for the "can-crusher" crowd

This is a tie-breaker in the “Fedor vs Team Quest Middleweights” series. He beat Lindland, lost to Hendo, now only Sonnen remains. Unless, of course, Bellator convinces an athletic commission to overlook Leben’s failing heart and allow him to fight Fedor.

Damn, I want to see the great Fedor fight live in my life, but a loss to Chael would be crushing.

Back