Fedor Emelianenko still got it?

bmmafighter

Terry Bogard
@White
Reaction score
Where would Fedor Emelianenko stay in the fans mind if he wins Matt Mitrione?

He really has a chance to win?

Last edited:
It depends how and what he does afterwards. This fight can only hurt his legacy, it doesn't bolster it by any means, even if he gets a 10 second KO it won't increase his greatness any

Of course he can, Mitrione is hittable, has holes in his standup, doesn't have much ground game or scrambles.

But Fedor fights really sloppily and silly these days, so it will be tough.

I still have no fucking idea why he haven't seriously tried to take fucking Maldonado down, once.:/

I don't think after this fight we'll have any better judgement on where Fedor stands.

Matt is hit able and doesn't offer much on the ground. Won't surprise me one bit if Fedor KO's Matt or vice versa. To me its a coin toss.

P.S.: I will say that Fabio fight wasn't very good for Fedor. He got lit up from a guy ranked what......40th or worse. Fedor fights like that and good night against Matt.

This is really a loose, loose fight for him, I dont know why he took a fight against a journeyman HW, I dont like this fight one bit, I hope he wins and fights a better and bigger name.

This is really a loose, loose fight for him, I dont know why he took a fight against a journeyman HW, I dont like this fight one bit, I hope he wins and fights a better and bigger name.
Such a loose fight.

Fedor is on the tail end of his career and I personally cannot see any real climb back to the top. It's been a sad affair since about 2010.

Where would Fedor Emelianenko stay in the fans mind if he wins Matt Mitrione?

He really has a chance to win?

He is, relatively.
Age has hurt him, but for his mma age, he most certainly has it.

Whatever happens I want the Fedor / Couture fight. I don't care how late it is.

Whatever happens I want the Fedor / Couture fight. I don't care how late it is.

If Fedor loses to Mitrione this would be a fight Couture might take; especially since he already said he wants to come back. If Fedor wins, it's still a good fight to make but I assume Fedor will be fighting for the HW title...assuming Bellator ever brings the HW title back.

As long as he avoids the right-hook and tries to grapple (unlike against Fabio, when he said he was trying to prove a point and didn't wanna grapple) then he's got a good chance to win. It's a big task, since Mitrione's great with his right-hook and Fedor isn't as hard-headed as he was 15-years ago, but it's doable. Don't forget what almost happened in Mitrione's Bellator debut:

It depends how and what he does afterwards. This fight can only hurt his legacy, it doesn't bolster it by any means, even if he gets a 10 second KO it won't increase his greatness any

You really don't think getting a 10-second knockout over an athletic top-20 heavyweight at almost 41 years old after 17 years of fighting professionally (20 including Sambo) and going from 36-4 to 37-4 would help his legacy? That it would only hurt it?
You're a silly goose.

Fedor should have demanded Lashley and a title fight.

As long as he avoids the right-hook and tries to grapple (unlike against Fabio, when he said he was trying to prove a point and didn't wanna grapple) then he's got a good chance to win. It's a big task, since Mitrione's great with his right-hook and Fedor isn't as hard-headed as he was 15-years ago, but it's doable. Don't forget what almost happened in Mitrione's Bellator debut:

You really don't think getting a 10-second knockout over an athletic top-20 heavyweight at almost 41 years old after 17 years of fighting professionally (20 including Sambo) and going from 36-4 to 37-4 would help his legacy? That it would only hurt it?
You're a silly goose.

No no, I am saying the 10 second KO wouldn't make his legacy any better, I meant his legacy can only be hurt from this fight. As in if he looses it's another black mark, if he wins it doesn't mean much

If he Wins this is how the fanboy in me will see it!
rLUNSkz.gif

Mittrione would be a completely legitimate win that would mean, even at 40 years old and after coming out of retirement, he's still a top 10 heavyweight.

No.. he is a sloppy brawler at this point.

He was so amazing back then...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back