Fedor Emelianenko preparing for Ryan Bader

Man, this fight is going to be like scuttling a proud naval ship and sending her to the bottom...farewell Battleship Fedor.

Teddy knows all there is to know about fighting, so there's no sense for him going down that same old road again.

To beat Bader, he needs speed - he's lost a lot of it. And his knees can't take the pounding, so drilling sprawls is out. And Teddy's chin is gone, and he's got sore joints, so sparring is out.

So, what Teddy needs to be calling on is good ol' fashion blunt force trauma. Horsepower. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle Bader's ancestors.

Every time Teddy hits him with a shot, it's gotta feel like he tried kissing the express train.

Teddy needs to start building some hurtin' bombs!
Why do some people call Fedor teddy ?

Don't know why people are complaining about his wrestling or lack of wrestling practice.

His ground game was his most dangerous weapon. His past-his-prime game plan of bounce, bounce, bounce, diving overhand followed by running forward swinging for the fences is because his back is all kinds of fucked up.

He wants the fights over as quickly as possible one way or the other to save him from doing more damage to his back.
"his back is all kinds of fucked up" . I've heard in this thread that every part of Fedor is hurt and/or falling apart , where is everyone getting this info ? I haven't heard of any of this .

"his back is all kinds of fucked up" . I've heard in this thread that every part of Fedor is hurt and/or falling apart , where is everyone getting this info ? I haven't heard of any of this .

I didn't read a lot of the thread tbh so I didn't see. His back is all I know about.

I forget what it was called. It was some thing that I think was voice dubbed in Japanese but had English subtitles. Seen it maybe 3 years ago lol

Haven't heard of anything that serious either. I did watch an older interview of his where he mentions minor injuries, one of them being in his back but he said that the pain isn't permanent. Just bothering him some times and then stopping.
He's not young though, he's been through wars. His body shouldn't be what it used to be.

Still, hoping for a magnificent win for Fedor. With extra focus on his technique he can still be a great threat for anyone.

30+ years of martial arts
19 year fighting career
40+ MMA fights
Thousands of hours or sambo/ grappling

But yeah I'm sure his back and knees are as good as new at 42 years old...

His shot to win is the first round....not even that because he slows down 3-4 minutes in.

Prepare to go for the knockout, if you don’t get it I guess you can say you weren’t gun shy and u went for it. If he were to just be cautious the first round bader is gonna wrestle him to death anyways. And as soon as fedor tires out it’s going to be a wrestling clinic and fedor will be totally sapped

He needs to go for the kill shot quick

Why do some people call Fedor teddy ?

Fedor (Fjodor) is the Russian version of the name Theodor (meaning "gift from God"), which has Teddy as a hypocorism. The Russian equivalent of "Teddy" is "Fedja".

Or they think he looks like a teddy bear I guess.

30+ years of martial arts
19 year fighting career
40+ MMA fights
Thousands of hours or sambo/ grappling

But yeah I'm sure his back and knees are as good as new at 42 years old...
So everyone is just assuming he's all broken up with no info to support this ?

So everyone is just assuming he's all broken up with no info to support this ?

Watching by the way his fighting style changed over the years you dont need to be a NASA scientist to observe that he was dealing with injuries.

Watching by the way his fighting style changed over the years you dont need to be a NASA scientist to observe that he was dealing with injuries.
Yeah I know but I wanna know EXACTLY whats up with him . I think its his hands , thumbs specifically . Its hard to grip a wide object like a wrist or kettlebell handle with busted thumbs , but a you can still make a fist .

Yeah I know but I wanna know EXACTLY whats up with him . I think its his hands , thumbs specifically . Its hard to grip a wide object like a wrist or kettlebell handle with busted thumbs , but a you can still make a fist .

Hes not going to let people know EXACTLY what's wrong with him because that will give away weaknesses. Its not rocket science my guud man.

Hes not going to let people know EXACTLY what's wrong with him because that will give away weaknesses. Its not rocket science my guud man.
I know , BUT I STILL WANNA KNOW . :( . maybe Fedor will tell us later .

I know , BUT I STILL WANNA KNOW . :( . maybe Fedor will tell us later .
I'm sure he'll eventually will. It's just about what Mixfight said; Right now Fedor (or any fighter for that matter) won't give details on injuries, which is the wise thing to do.

one more win man, would be so god damn epic if he pulls it off :)

if he does win and then rides off into the sunset i'd be so god damn happy man, fedor forever !

Back