Fedor Emelianenko preparing for Ryan Bader

Brain says Bader but heart says Fedor...

I would like to see Fedor come in around 230 lbs. and work on his cardio. He has a lifetime of skill, just needs to make sure he is sharp and well conditioned. Bader is at his peak and has great wrestling.

Fedor training for another spectacular KO instead of working on TDD and his ground game. Looks like this fight won't go more than 2 rounds if even.

Fedor training for another spectacular KO instead of working on TDD and his ground game. Looks like this fight won't go more than 2 rounds if even.

Mitrione worked hard for TDD and ground game and got raped. There is no point in working on TDD very much it won't make any difference. Fedors only chance is first round KO. He should put everything he has to finish it quickly if he can. There is no way he can possibly last 5 rounds against Bader. He is way too old and shot for that.

Last edited:
We do not have a full glimpse on what Fedor is training specifically but if we judge by his recent fights, he probably isn't preparing his tdd that much.

What Fedor needs to do a lot more of, more than anything imo is to circle constantly and not stay static in front of Bader and play 50-50% chance duels because that's where he opens himself up most for td's. Stick and move, work off the jab (although he is not known for that) don't over commit with straight punches, and don't rely on wild hooks. Set up the big punches, create those opportunities instead of trying to out gun or out speed his younger opponent.

There is a blue print on how to beat wrestlers in mma but Fedor has always heavily relied on reflexes and improvisation (feeling out a fight, adapting to whatever may come). Instead of adapting he needs to bring the fight iq this fight, and if he does he will win, without resorting to getting a lucky ko. Or else it's a hail Mary fight for him.

He needs to keep it standing I feel, don't go to the ground unless it's the last minute or so of the round (as to lessen the probability of getting reversed and finished) , in which he could gnp from the guard to win points. He definitely needs to be thinking about how to win points towards a decision and not just head hunt for a ko.

I have faith in Fedor, he will win.

Last edited:
We do not have a full glimpse on what Fedor is training specifically but if we judge by his recent fights, he probably isn't preparing his tdd that much.

What Fedor needs to do a lot more of, more than anything imo is to circle constantly and not stay static in front of Bader and play 50-50% chance duels because that's where he opens himself up most for td's. Stick and move, work off the jab (although he is not known for that) don't over commit with straight punches, and don't rely on wild hooks. Set up the big punches, create those opportunities instead of trying to out gun or out speed his younger opponent.

There is a blue print on how to beat wrestlers in mma but Fedor has always heavily relied on reflexes and improvisation (feeling out a fight, adapting to whatever may come). Instead of adapting he needs to bring the fight iq this fight, and if he does he will win, without resorting to getting a lucky ko. Or else it's a hail Mary fight for him.

He needs to keep it standing I feel, don't go to the ground unless it's the last minute or so of the round (as to lessen the probability of getting reversed and finished) , in which he could gnp from the guard to win points. He definitely needs to be thinking about how to win points towards a decision and not just head hunt for a ko.

I have faith in Fedor, he will win.

Fedor doesnt have the youth and gas tank to drag this fight out. I feel his best bet is to pressure Bader and surprise/ catch him early. I think if this fight goes past the first round Fedor will be fucked. He was winded after scrambling with Sonnen for 2 and a half minutes which is understandable at 42 years old. It wont be good if Bader is still fresh and the fight starts dragging out. If that happens Fedor will be on his back taking big damage.

Fedor doesnt have the youth and gas tank to drag this fight out. I feel his best bet is to pressure Bader and surprise/ catch him early. I think if this fight goes past the first round Fedor will be fucked. He was winded after scrambling with Sonnen for 2 and a half minutes which is understandable at 42 years old. It wont be good if Bader is still fresh and the fight starts dragging out. If that happens Fedor will be on his back taking big damage.
Agreed. Also, I think people are missing some big parts of who Fedor is now. Everyone is talking about how he should work his TDD and grappling. I really don't think he can. I think he can drill and spar, but I don't think he can make a concerted effort to dedicate a training camp to those skills. His knees can't take it, and I don't think his hips or neck can either.

He's doing his camp correctly. He is working with his Dutch coaches for almost all of it (if not all) because what he needs is his ability to time, react, and finish. He isn't going to outwrestle Bader. He isn't going to throw up an armbar either. He needs to find his moment early, land, and finish the fight. He has all of the attributes to do that. It is a small chance and a small window, and it might not be something that presents itself at all, but his best hope is to prepare himself to jump on that one opportunity.

I would love nothing more than to be wrong, but I doubt it.

Teddy knows all there is to know about fighting, so there's no sense for him going down that same old road again.

To beat Bader, he needs speed - he's lost a lot of it. And his knees can't take the pounding, so drilling sprawls is out. And Teddy's chin is gone, and he's got sore joints, so sparring is out.

So, what Teddy needs to be calling on is good ol' fashion blunt force trauma. Horsepower. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle Bader's ancestors.

Every time Teddy hits him with a shot, it's gotta feel like he tried kissing the express train.

Teddy needs to start building some hurtin' bombs!

Last edited:
Teddy knows all there is to know about fighting, so there's no sense for him going down that same old road again.

To beat Bader, he need speed - he's lost a lot of it. And his knees can't take the pounding, so drilling sprawls is out. And Teddy's chin is gone, and he's got sore joints, so sparring is out.

So, what Teddy needs to be calling on is good ol' fashion blunt force trauma. Horsepower. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle Bader's ancestors.

Every time Teddy hit him with a shot, it's gotta feel like he tried kissing the express train.

Teddy needs to start building some hurtin' bombs!
Well done, and way more accurate for this fight than for that movie.

Believe in Fedor. His chin is shot tho.

Fucking crap game-planning from Fedor behalf. He literally doesn't need to train anything other than TDD for this fight as he already has Bader beat in everything else. Whatcha gonna drill kickboxing for vs Bader? not like you use leg kicks anyway these days.

He still has to keep his striking sharp.

He's a sambist and a judoka but I would love to see him training with some top wrestlers. Just so he can defend himself better, I don't want him to wrestle Bader. He could go to Oseetia, I'm sure they would love have him there. Plus, the mountains air would help on his cardio.

I have a feeling this will be his last fight and I would love to see him winning.

Don't know why people are complaining about his wrestling or lack of wrestling practice.

His ground game was his most dangerous weapon. His past-his-prime game plan of bounce, bounce, bounce, diving overhand followed by running forward swinging for the fences is because his back is all kinds of fucked up.

He wants the fights over as quickly as possible one way or the other to save him from doing more damage to his back.

Don't know why people are complaining about his wrestling or lack of wrestling practice.

His ground game was his most dangerous weapon. His past-his-prime game plan of bounce, bounce, bounce, diving overhand followed by running forward swinging for the fences is because his back is all kinds of fucked up.

He wants the fights over as quickly as possible one way or the other to save him from doing more damage to his back.
Yep, and I imagine after his skid in his mid 30s he came to grips with the fact that his body wont always respond the way he wants it to, especially in grappling situations. Sad, but it is good that he seems motivated and trying to work around it for this final run.

yeah looks like baby fedor is in there too. 0-0 for most these guys and training hw champ?
at least training is up but another poor camp for last emperor. imagine this guy at ATT

He has Nemkov in his camp who just outwrestled Phil Davis and even ragdolled him....

@Andrey Kamensky you and I posted the same thread at the same time one minute apart LOL

you left out that Fedors knee is wrapped up again, same knee from the Mir fight.

I agree. His "students" are on a great level now so he got that covered. And I didn't notice the knee tbh, but the thing is that he had it wrapped in training camp for Mir and also for Chael at the start of his training camp. (took it off later on)
So it's not that bad probably if he keeps on going.
Let's hope for the best ;)

Back