Fedor criticized Chechen dictator for child MMA fights...

OngBakBoy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
threatened by Kadyrov’s cronies.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/10/...hild-mma-fights-threatened-by-kadyrov-cronies

I saw this in anpother section of this forum and it made me think about children in muay thai that fight from an early age. How do you feel about this? Fedor is against lil children being groomed to become pro fighters, like president Kadyrov who is known to host big kb and mma events as well. His kids fought at an event and this is what Fedor had to say

The next day, the President of the Russian MMA Union, Fedor Emelianenko, criticized Kadyrov’s promotion for hosting child fights.

“What happened at the tournament in Grozny is unacceptable and, moreover, cannot be justified,” he wrote on his social media account. “Needless to say that kids under age of 12 cannot even attend MMA fights (in Russia) as spectators, but here we had little ones as young as eight beating each other up in front of happy adults.

Kadyrovs son, 11 years old, won by knock out. It made me think of this fight a came across a while ago

my stomach cant handle that shit. especially when i know adults are putting bets on these fights as well. or in the case of the mma example, grooming them for their own glorification or their nations. it sickens me. i really feel sorry for both those kids and at least one of them looks like he does not want to do it.

this is a serious thread so dont come back with troll attempt this or that. i came across the fedor topic in another section and thought his criticism is very applicable in the f42 section. discuss

My thought on the fight above:
Pretty bad match making, the kid in the red corner has far superior skill set.
Also really bad stoppage, other kid fights are normally stopped way earlier than this.
My thought on Kadyrov's kid fights:
I don't approve of any can crushing, kid or adult.

a bunch of savages having fun while a kid is getting concussions, crying before fainting.
disgusting.

Too bad they're not Muricans where their obsessive fathers would force them to smash their bodies against other kids so the father could get satisfaction. Darn.

Hell, isn't it proven that heading soccer balls is quite harmful to the brain? But the visual isn't shocking. Ok.

Kids Muay Thai isn't something I care to watch, but it's annoying when first world people try to push morals on destitute children. What's feasible for us isn't the case for most of these kids.

Too bad they're not Muricans where their obsessive fathers would force them to smash their bodies against other kids so the father could get satisfaction. Darn.

Hell, isn't it proven that heading soccer balls is quite harmful to the brain? But the visual isn't shocking. Ok.

Kids Muay Thai isn't something I care to watch, but it's annoying when first world people try to push morals on destitute children. What's feasible for us isn't the case for most of these kids.
false equivalency. not all contact sports are equal and the goal of american football is not to hurt opposing team members. however the entire goal behind a kickboxing bout is to beat your opponent with your fists and legs. any culture that allows and encourages children to do that is backwards and frankly inferior.

false equivalency. not all contact sports are equal and the goal of american football is not to hurt opposing team members. however the entire goal behind a kickboxing bout is to beat your opponent with your fists and legs. any culture that allows and encourages children to do that is backwards and frankly inferior.

Just about every culture exploits kids in some way, and this certainly isn't the worst.

Most of these kids don't fight Muay Thai for long, and when they're done they go do shitty labor the rest of their lives. What would you prefer them do? Again, feasibility. Also, more times than not the kids themselves choose to fight to have a moment to dream before going to the fields. God forbid!

well this but also i've seen quite a few muay thai fights with children that are 6 years old......with no headgear or shin protection? wtf?!

why no head gear? i dont understand this. they are lil infants for fucks sake. it's like the thai audience/gamblers welcomes concussions and knock outs because it's another outcome to bet on or so?

the counter reasoning that in the western world lil kids also participate in contact sports like american football is pretty fucking lame. they try to protect the kids. there is no betting involved and the kids (most of the time) dont start at the age ya see in the vid I posted.

the people that try to be 'sarcastic' in their respons are part of the problem. they just wave it away and accept it because that's just the way it is. that lil kid in the vid is literally crying before he gets knocked out.

Just about every culture exploits kids in some way, and this certainly isn't the worst.

Most of these kids don't fight Muay Thai for long, and when they're done they go do shitty labor the rest of their lives. What would you prefer them do? Again, feasibility. Also, more times than not the kids themselves choose to fight to have a moment to dream before going to the fields. God forbid!

here we go again with biased coca the thai nuthugger. it's not just about thai kids, the example of kadyrov and his event with mma is the same. you cry wolf everytime one of your thai fighters doesnt get praised enough but cant even be unbiased in this matter.

nobody is saying that third world kids (from whatever country) cant have dreams. the question is......should they start THAT young and with NO headgear and shin protection. imo they are waaaaay too young and they are not protected. they are exploited by gamblers. so dont compare it to lil kids having big dreams or the other options they have.

they dont have to start that young and they can wear protective gear and the events shouldnt be gambled on. no matter what country.

here we go again with biased coca the thai nuthugger. it's not just about thai kids, the example of kadyrov and his event with mma is the same. you cry wolf everytime one of your thai fighters doesnt get praised enough but cant even be unbiased in this matter.

nobody is saying that third world kids (from whatever country) cant have dreams. the question is......should they start THAT young and with NO headgear and shin protection. imo they are waaaaay too young and they are not protected. they are exploited by gamblers. so dont compare it to lil kids having big dreams or the other options they have.

they dont have to start that young and they can wear protective gear and the events shouldnt be gambled on. no matter what country.
totally forgot about the gambling aspect. i know gambling is huge in Thailand, especially for fights. Making your elementary school aged kid fight for money while you and your buddies gamble on who will get knocked unconscious is abhorrent imo. I guess to some people that makes me a "bigot" though lmao

totally forgot about the gambling aspect. i know gambling is huge in Thailand, especially for fights. Making your elementary school aged kid fight for money while you and your buddies gamble on who will get knocked unconscious is abhorrent imo. I guess to some people that makes me a "bigot" though lmao

yes well if kids fight without headgear and shinguards from an age that young...it's no wonder some fighters are done for before they hit their late twenties and are really 'done for' before they are 50. there are several examples of fighters that dont live to see the age of 50.

people wonder why alot of fighters go downhill after their carreer is over but getting knocked out before the body and mind are full grown or even half hgrown might be a part of it

the counter reasoning that in the western world lil kids also participate in contact sports like american football is pretty fucking lame. they try to protect the kids. there is no betting involved and the kids (most of the time) dont start at the age ya see in the vid I posted.
Yet an average of 12 school football players die every year playing it in the US.

There is also a legitimate arguement that the use of head gear actually INCREASES the risk of brain trauma. All it really does is protect against cuts, but it does reduce peripheral vision and increases contact surface area. Shingaurds you may have an arguement for.

I think it's fine for kids to train and work on their skill set. (Talking mitts and heavy bags in a playful manner here) And learn about discipline, self control and dedication of a martial art, that's great.

Heavy sparring with protective gear mweeeh. Not a good idea

Fighting for real? Hell to the fucking no

--------

Kid's brains are still developing man, plus they cannot properly make decisions for themselves.

Adults betting on kid's fights should get locked up.

america exploits little girls to cheerlead the boys getting brain damage from multiple full speed head on collisions. cheerleading makes up 65.2% of all casterphoic injuries and concessions of school aged girls as well as averaging 4 girls becoming fully paralyzed or dying every year

I think it's fine for kids to train and work on their skill set. (Talking mitts and heavy bags in a playful manner here) And learn about discipline, self control and dedication of a martial art, that's great.

Heavy sparring with protective gear mweeeh. Not a good idea

Fighting for real? Hell to the fucking no
--------
Kid's brains are still developing man, plus they cannot properly make decisions for themselves.

Adults betting on kid's fights should get locked up.
america exploits little girls to cheerlead the boys getting brain damage from multiple full speed head on collisions. cheerleading makes up 65.2% of all casterphoic injuries and concessions of school aged girls as well as averaging 4 girls becoming fully paralyzed or dying every year

To add to both either of your posts. There are multiples sides to every story.

In this fucked up world, certain countries like Russia and Iran always get more scrutiny than others. Americans boycott men's wrestling or women's chess because they don't agree with headscarves. Grilling russian leaders because they're apparently corrupt savages.

Meanwhile a country like Thailand has a coup every 2 years, and no talks of democracy-bringing there. To top it off, its easy to look at others and judge them for all their shit, meanwhile totally ignore your own faults, like the bullshit child pageants and football games in the States.

There's a better way to handle all of this, but fuck that, its all politics.

but but the other sports

fuck every sport that causes repeated brain trauma to kids. is that hard to understand?

Back