fedor beat past prime fighters “base” on his fan logic

First, no one gives a crap about Fedor anymore. He hasn't been relevant in years.

Second, maybe Fedor would have been more competitive had he fought someone who had a ghost of a chance of beating him after CroCop. Look at his record. After CroCop when he was in Pride he fought either freak fights or guys who's record didn't qualify them as legit contenders. Then after Pride folded he never went to where the good fighters were in the UFC. He stayed out and lost his competitive edge.

This post has so much factually wrong with it, that I'm happy @Typrune Goatley already corrected you.

Yup now the fedor fans are crying their guts out, Prime Randleman kills fedor in seconds.

Randleman lost to Fedor 2 months after coming off the biggest win of his career....

Randleman lost to Fedor 2 months after coming off the biggest win of his career....
fedor lost just after the biggest win of his career aswell, I suppose wins don't have anything to do with your prime.

fedor lost just after the biggest win of his career aswell, I suppose wins don't have anything to do with your prime.

Not sure where you are going with this. Fedor's top 5 wins are:

Nog 1 (destroyed him on the ground)
Nog 2
Cro Cop
Randleman
Arlovski

He lost to Werdum 2 fights after Arlovski, which was 1.5 years later. He looked like shit against Arlovski. Not to mention, Werdum is one of the best Heavyweights ever. Your point?

Not sure where you are going with this. Fedor's top 5 wins are:

Nog 1 (destroyed him on the ground)
Nog 2
Cro Cop
Randleman
Arlovski

He lost to Werdum 2 fights after Arlovski, which was 1.5 years later. He looked like shit against Arlovski. Not to mention, Werdum is one of the best Heavyweights ever. Your point?
Nog(killed by big country)
Crocop(killed by big country)
Randleman(no offense to him but hahaha)
Arlovski(I know)

I know no shame in being destroyed by werdum, just annoying how people make excuses.

Arlovski(I know)

I know no shame in being destroyed by werdum, just annoying how people make excuses.

Are you serious with this garbage? Nog was 40+ fights into his career and cut from the UFC after the next loss.

You mock Randleman yet just said he would destroy Fedor? (obviously false since he lost in his prime)

Arlovski(I know)

Big Country is 2-4 against PRIDE fighters. He beat an old Nog and CC who were far past their primes but he lost to PRIDE vets Barnett, Hunt, Werdum and Reem.

He also got KTFO by Arlovski who is from the PRIDE and 2000s era.

"He's obviously got unbelievable potential, but he had some distractions getting ready for this fight. The movie. The commercials. If Fedor wants to keep winning, and winning well, he needs to train professionally. Right now he won with his old tricks. The fact that Fedor won, don't get me wrong, I'm very happy about. But he won this fight because of the training before this fight. The experience he had before this fight. The trainers did everything we could to get him ready. But for title fights, we can't train the way we trained for this one."

https://www.mmamania.com/2009/01/26/trainer-fedor-won-with-his-old-tricks-not-his-training

That was Fedor's coach Vladimir Voronov commenting on Fedor's performance and training right after the Arlovski fight.

It is pretty hard to argue that Fedor's losses to Werdum, Bigfoot and Henderson weren't impacted by his lack of training. It doesn't seem like those that are critical of Fedor put things in perspective. He was on a 24 fight win streak before he fought Tim Sylvia. He had 28 wins and his only loss was a controversial stoppage due to a cut. He beat pretty much all of the top heavyweights in the world during his era. The main question was how he would do against the best UFC fighters. Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski were the top UFC heavyweights during his era and this was the test to see how he matched up. He dropped and submitted Sylvia in 36 seconds and then brutally knocked out Arlovski in the first round. Who knows why he started taking his training less seriously but he was still pulling off wins against top tier competition. All of his fights after that he started to fight recklessly and without much tactics. With his coach already critical of his training in the Arlovski fight it is clear to see how that effected him moving forward.

The main reason people on here are critical of Fedor is because Dana White attempted to discredit him. Dana White is a promoter and he is trying to make money, it is a business move. Dana also became obsessed with trying to sign Fedor an attempted to sign him on multiple occasions. If Dana ever did sign him you would be sure to here him rave about all his accomplishments and claim that he was the best heavyweight ever.

Honestly, what is there even to hate about Fedor? He was and is a very exciting fighter who demonstrated powerful throws and suplexes, vicious punches on the ground, he threw bombs on the feet and he had great grappling and submissions. Every single fight he brought it and never tried to win on decision or to grind out boring wins. He fought with intensity and looked for the finish as soon as he could get it. He was also undersized for a heavyweight and never complained about fighting bigger opponents. For most mma fans if you were to define the characteristics of your ideal fighter Fedor would be a pretty close match. He is one of the most entertaining fighters of all time and anyone who is an mma fan should appreciate his talent and his willingness to go out and fight. It is pretty hard to find a fight that Fedor was in that you could classify as boring. Fedor was pure entertainment and fought with the type of intensity that all fighters should fight with. Fedor was always hunting for the finish.

Why be critical of a fighter like that?

Big Country is 2-4 against PRIDE fighters. He beat an old Nog and CC who were far past their primes but he lost to PRIDE vets Barnett, Hunt, Werdum and Reem.

He also got KTFO by Arlovski who is from the PRIDE and 2000s era.
those guys got better while Nog and crocop were exposed.

prime != your definition

giphy.gif

There actually is scientific evidence that supporting this:
1) As we age, we lose fast twitch muscle fibres, something crucial to an explosive sport like MMA.
2) Over time (whether in MMA or boxing), the fluid layers around athletes' brains thins, providing less cushioning for head strikes. Not sure about the chin thing, but if you look at the evidence, fighters tend to "lose their chins" over the course of their careers.
3) Athletes simply cannot put in the requisite hours in the gym as they get older... the body loses its ability to regenerate/heal quickly with age.
I'd cite scholarly articles here, but am too lazy.
you do realize that you lose fast twtich muscle fibers around 40 right? not 33
2:this doesnt apply to fedor because he didnt take much damage until he fought rogers

Because fedor only got 5 top wins.
And fedor fans said athlete decline “ around 10 years”.
I’m going to give you a serious answer even tho you’re a dumb fuck troll

Fedor peaked for 8 years. Nobody else stays at the top of their game that long. He didn’t even lose a round. Other fighters have ups and downs but nobody can train at the top level and stay at the top for as long as Fedor did

Disclaimer : not all fan

One thing fedor fan love to say is that fedor is out of prime when he fought werdum because athlete decline around 10 years.even though there’s no scientific proof to back up that claim And is really hypocrite to say that here’s why:

Cro Cop: first kickboxing fight is in 1996.the fedor fight is in 2005.
Coleman: Coleman first fight is in 1996,the fedor fight is in 2004.and he was 40 years old when he fought fedor
Arlovski: first fight is in 1999,the fedor fight is in 2009
Randleman: first fight:1996, the fedor fight: 2004.and clearly past his prime will when he fought fedor

Conclusion: fedor beat past prime fighters if we use his fan logic

You wanna be understood? Write like you give a fuck, you lazy retard.

you do realize that you lose fast twtich muscle fibers around 40 right? not 33
2:this doesnt apply to fedor because he didnt take much damage until he fought rogers

He has taken lots of damage from Arlovski, Rogers, Randleman, Fujita and more.

What fights of his have you been watching?

those guys got better while Nog and crocop were exposed.
So 40 fights and 22 surgeries and having to put your entire body back together from a million injuries and wars=exposed?

You should be banned for your stupidity.

You only list 4 of his opponents and only 1 of them was 10 years in... Seriously..?
Fedor did not have too many relevant opponents to mention in the first place. If you mention a few of his key victories you've pretty much destroyed exposed how bloated his record really is.

Back