Federal Ban on scientists making lethal viruses is lifted

This will only encourage other countries to pursue their own weaponized virus programs, or expanding such programs if they already exist.

Umbrella Corporation.

I'm just saying........

Bring it on, I've already got a lifetime supply of Cipro on account of my rotting dick.

In all seriousness, this seems like the type of thing they've never stopped doing anyway. Now they're just letting us know they're doing it.

My life for you! Bumpity bump!

The 1st half of that book is great. Then it takes a nose dive and a shit all at once.

King, imo, is one of the most overrated writers to ever live.

The 1st half of that book is great. Then it takes a nose dive and a shit all at once.

King, imo, is one of the most overrated writers to ever live.
I'm a diehard fan although haven't had much time to keep abreast the last couple years.
Read my first King book in the 2nd grade (Salem's Lot). He has some great books, and some... less great books. The short stories are where it's at imo. Best stuff he ever did came from short stories/novellas.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/19/health/lethal-viruses-nih.html?referer=http://m.facebook.com

What could possibly go wrong here? At least a zombie apocalypse sounds more fun than a nuclear one

In seriousness, mutating a virus to be a step ahead of where it is now so that a vaccine/treatment can be made ready instead of scrambling after an outbreak is the goal here. If it’s done safely and in a very tightly controlled lab it can certainly be a good thing. But damn if it doesn’t sound scary and playing with fire. Article mentions a lab creating an Ebola virus that can transmit through the air would be in the program, but can you imagine if a single carrier of that monster bug got out into the public?

So this is where we are stopping science? Not at nuclear weapons or replacing human labor with machine labor, but here? How else are they going to liquidate all the unemployed when you get your Big Mac's out of a robot's bosom?
SCIENCE!!!!

So this is how the zombie apocalypse begins?

Tinder will blow the fuck up!

Bad idea if we're cutting CDC funding. Also ebola would require a lot of monkeying to get to airborne, so that would be really stupid and dangerous.

Didn't AIDS begin by monkeying around?
http://www.politifact.com/tennessee...lle-republican-says-aids-came-man-having-sex/

I'm a diehard fan although haven't had much time to keep abreast the last couple years.
Read my first King book in the 2nd grade (Salem's Lot). He has some great books, and some... less great books. The short stories are where it's at imo. Best stuff he ever did came from short stories/novellas.

Yeah, his short stories are rad. His books, not so much for me. 'Firestarter' was my 1st (I think it was that one)

Best shit he ever did was while he was drunk or high as fuck. He doesn't even remember writing Cujo.

At least a zombie apocalypse sounds more fun than a nuclear one.

Presuming one is stocked up on ammo. :cool:

Does anyone here truly believe they have the necessary skills and mentality to survive if a global pandemic brought the world to its knees? Greatly reduced population, scarcity of basic resources, inevitable social decay and predation, loss and or decay of infrastructure...

I'd put money on @bushman505.

The only thing that can stop a scientists with a lethal viruses, is a good guy scientist with a lethal virus.

You ban lethal viruses the Dr. Evil's of the world will have them anyway, you may as well make it legal for everyone so we can defend ourselves.

Were you scared reading Salem's Lot at that age? I tried reading King books but I think I started way too late. I read Salem's lot in my 30's I thought it was good but not great. It's started off well but at the end I was like "heh?"... It's too bad he didn't do a sequel to this book though..

More like a good dude currently transitioning to a self-sustaining lifestyle in Alaska. :eek:
Excellent. At time I envy the freedom to do that but the reality of my world are that ties of family and relationship keep me right where I am doing what I do.

Excellent. At time I envy the freedom to do that but the reality of my world are that ties of family and relationship keep me right where I am doing what I do.

It does sound liberating (in the Summer!).

Back