FEAR The Walking Dead: Season 4 Discussion

In Gimple's defense...

Frank Dillane wanted off the show dating back to midway through season 3, so this was something the new showrunners had to deal with coming in, not something they planned.

He just wanted to pursue other projects and there's speculation that being stuck to FTWD was taking a toll on him.

If they were going to kill him off wouldn't it make more sense to happen at the dam? And whatever happened after the dam? I wanted to see the fallout from that, but the show writers seem to want to pretend season 3 never happened even though it was by far the best season. The should have killed off Morgan.

It was unexpected, I'll give them that.

I’m sure he didn’t notice the girl walking up on him in the open.

If they were going to kill him off wouldn't it make more sense to happen at the dam? And whatever happened after the dam? I wanted to see the fallout from that, but the show writers seem to want to pretend season 3 never happened even though it was by far the best season. The should have killed off Morgan.

It was unexpected, I'll give them that.

It's a good point, but I couldn't see them having a character as integral as Nick's just die offscreen. I think that would have felt even worse than what we got, whereas now we get to see how the rest of the characters develop following his death as opposed to leaving more of that development to all these flashbacks.

I like the fact that this show isn't afraid to off mainstay characters in shocking fashion. It's something I wish TWD did more of instead of giving in to fan service and having certain characters just stand around and be boring because they're fan favorites.

One annoying character down...now they just need to kill off Strand and I'm all in lol

One annoying character down...now they just need to kill off Strand and I'm all in lol

Kill of Strand and Alicia and have Salazar come back with Morgan smashing people and I am all in.

But actually I don't like they killed Nick so soon because I want to see him get slap around by Morgan more.

When Althea was screwing arround with ther tapes what was The Bog 17-24 means?

Gimple back at it again, lining his pockets not wanting to pay main characters more money so he kills them off

WTF? that was a dang good episode until the death, wtf is wrong with this scumbag gimple, he is fucking up the shows, why did they give this lowly writer such high positioning, its like a dictator who seized power from lowly soldier and rise tot he ranks to overthrow the leadership

This guy is a straight up weasel

I hope Nick asked to be killed off because of some movie roles if not and it was Gimple trying to cut money to fatten his pockets like he did with Carl ill be pissed

You didn't read the thread before posting this? 2 posts above yours gives the exact reason why this happened. Gimple had nothing to do with it, born did money.

Gimple back at it again, lining his pockets not wanting to pay main characters more money so he kills them off

WTF? that was a dang good episode until the death, wtf is wrong with this scumbag gimple, he is fucking up the shows, why did they give this lowly writer such high positioning, its like a dictator who seized power from lowly soldier and rise tot he ranks to overthrow the leadership

This guy is a straight up weasel

I hope Nick asked to be killed off because of some movie roles if not and it was Gimple trying to cut money to fatten his pockets like he did with Carl ill be pissed
Carl left on his own. His situation had nothing to do with money.

Now I am curious about the Bog!

Are there Zombiez in previous Episodes of the walkind dead with the Rick Grimes crew where Zombies are stuck in a bog?

You didn't read the thread before posting this? 2 posts above yours gives the exact reason why this happened. Gimple had nothing to do with it, born did money.

He had little to do with Nick, but Gimple probably had a lot to do with the time jump and pretending like season 3 never happened.

Carl left on his own. His situation had nothing to do with money.
you must not read the walking dead forums nobody likes Gimple, are you his relative?

Walking Dead Actor's Father Lashes Out After Character Death: "I Never Trusted AMC"

"Watching [showrunner Scott] Gimple fire my son 2 weeks before his 18th birthday after telling him they wanted him for the next 3 years was disappointing," Riggs's dad wrote "I never trusted Gimple or AMC but Chandler did. I know how much it hurt him. But we do absolutely know how lucky we have been to be a part of it all and appreciate all the love from fans all these years!"
https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Chandler-Riggs-Dad-Reaction-Carl-Death-Walking-Dead-44352532

Most TWD and FEAR fans dont like Gimple and believe he ruined the show, he was just a small writer on second season, he wrote two good episodes and was able to convince Mazzarra to kill of Andrea, and then he took his position as the show runner, he is also now the COO of TWD and now the show runner and producer, he is making millions now. Killing of characters is his specialty to save money thats what people say about him.

Kill of Strand and Alicia and have Salazar come back with Morgan smashing people and I am all in.

But actually I don't like they killed Nick so soon because I want to see him get slap around by Morgan more.

According to Garrett Dillahunt, Blades wasn't on set at all for this 4th season so he wont even be in any episodes, he was busy with his music career, but he will likely be back in season 5 which could be the last season for Fear.

In a recent interview with TV Guide, Garret Dillahunt, who plays John Dorie, revealed that Blades has not appeared on the set of the zombie drama at any time during Season 4 so far, and may not show up at all this year due to his busy career as a music artist.

“Rubén’s just off winning Grammys,” said Dillahunt of the 69-year-old singer-actor, whose latest album “Salsa Big Band” won best tropical Latin album at the 60th Annual Grammy Awards last January.

Danay Garcia added that Blades’ appearances on the show have always been subject to his availability, suggesting that his music career comes first. “In the Latino world, he’s like James Bond,” explained the actress, who plays Luciana on the series.

News that Blades will be reprising his role as Daniel at some point in the future was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter earlier this month and was then confirmed by Chambliss during a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly.

“We have no inkling of that yet,” said Chambliss when asked what happened to Daniel following the Gonzales Dam explosion at the end of last season. “But I think the thing we will say without giving away too much is that we definitely will be seeing Daniel Salazar in the ‘Walking Dead’ universe. It’s a very big world, and we will hint at what may have happened.”

“I think we get a little bit of a sense of it even from kind of Strand’s (Colman Domingo) struggles and we can tell that he’s carrying a lot of his past with him,” Chambliss continued. “It’s not just what he did to the Clark family when he made the deal with Proctor John (Ray McKinnon) at the dam, but he also shot Daniel Salazar in the face. So that’s part of the emotional baggage that he’s carrying with him, and we will dig into how he feels about all that as we continue to see his life in the stadium.”

http://www.ibtimes.com/fear-walking-dead-why-daniel-salazar-wont-be-back-anytime-soon-2674704

Last edited:
Wife and I have all the episodes that aired thus far on DVR, along with last 5 episodes of TWD. Is this season of Fear any good?

Also, since yall may know, was the last 5 episodes of TWD worth watching? Show seemed to just be a steaming pile anymore....

Damn man. You would NOT be fun to watch a movie with. You are like my oldest daughter. Every time we are watching something, I am getting all involved, pretending all this shit can happen, don't care about facts or science, and she just wrecks my whole mind set by squaking out something that is imperfect about the movie.

Your oldest daughter sounds smart.

Anyway, I am great at the movies. I don't talk, I don't even bring in crinkly food. I don't make a goddamn sound.

Wife and I have all the episodes that aired thus far on DVR, along with last 5 episodes of TWD. Is this season of Fear any good?

Also, since yall may know, was the last 5 episodes of TWD worth watching? Show seemed to just be a steaming pile anymore....

FTWD is definitely better than TWD now. The first episode of this season is okay, the second episode sucks, and this third one that just aired is good. And it's all better than TWD's most recent season, which was pure garbage.

poor morgan can't catch a break.

i thought it was a good episode. that last second death caught me by surprise, did not see that coming at all.

According to Garrett Dillahunt, Blades wasn't on set at all for this 4th season so he wont even be in any episodes, he was busy with his music career, but he will likely be back in season 5 which could be the last season for Fear.

In a recent interview with TV Guide, Garret Dillahunt, who plays John Dorie, revealed that Blades has not appeared on the set of the zombie drama at any time during Season 4 so far, and may not show up at all this year due to his busy career as a music artist.

“Rubén’s just off winning Grammys,” said Dillahunt of the 69-year-old singer-actor, whose latest album “Salsa Big Band” won best tropical Latin album at the 60th Annual Grammy Awards last January.

Danay Garcia added that Blades’ appearances on the show have always been subject to his availability, suggesting that his music career comes first. “In the Latino world, he’s like James Bond,” explained the actress, who plays Luciana on the series.

News that Blades will be reprising his role as Daniel at some point in the future was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter earlier this month and was then confirmed by Chambliss during a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly.

“We have no inkling of that yet,” said Chambliss when asked what happened to Daniel following the Gonzales Dam explosion at the end of last season. “But I think the thing we will say without giving away too much is that we definitely will be seeing Daniel Salazar in the ‘Walking Dead’ universe. It’s a very big world, and we will hint at what may have happened.”

“I think we get a little bit of a sense of it even from kind of Strand’s (Colman Domingo) struggles and we can tell that he’s carrying a lot of his past with him,” Chambliss continued. “It’s not just what he did to the Clark family when he made the deal with Proctor John (Ray McKinnon) at the dam, but he also shot Daniel Salazar in the face. So that’s part of the emotional baggage that he’s carrying with him, and we will dig into how he feels about all that as we continue to see his life in the stadium.”

http://www.ibtimes.com/fear-walking-dead-why-daniel-salazar-wont-be-back-anytime-soon-2674704

Well I hope he returns because from what I know from a previous poll he is the most favorite character of the show.

Him crossing over to the walking dead sounds good.

And knowing Salazars background and how they run TWD it may have a twist.

Ah but I am not holding my breath.

Fuck Gimble for half assing this season. No wonder Blades chose to sing.

When Althea was screwing arround with ther tapes what was The Bog 17-24 means?

Now I am curious about the Bog!

Are there Zombiez in previous Episodes of the walkind dead with the Rick Grimes crew where Zombies are stuck in a bog?

Negans crew was afraid of the bog because of the zombies stuck in it, that’s why Dwight told them to take that route iirc. I’m guessing we might see what happened to the savoiurs there??

On another note, I started watching the first episode of fear, found it boring and didn’t comeback until out of boredom midway through season two.

Started back at the beginning and found nicks charactor and all his struggles really the only one I liked and found interesting.

Fuck it I’m done.

Negans crew was afraid of the bog because of the zombies stuck in it, that’s why Dwight told them to take that route iirc. I’m guessing we might see what happened to the savoiurs there??

On another note, I started watching the first episode of fear, found it boring and didn’t comeback until out of boredom midway through season two.

Started back at the beginning and found nicks charactor and all his struggles really the only one I liked and found interesting.

Fuck it I’m done.

Nick was the main character of fear lol, and he got killed off because he wanted to leave.

I think althea knows negan or she came from that area with the all female camp, the bog was the easter egg.

During the finale if i were to guess morgan sees one of her tapes and its her interviewing negan?

Nick was the main character of fear lol, and he got killed off because he wanted to leave.

I think althea knows negan or she came from that area with the all female camp, the bog was the easter egg.

During the finale if i were to guess morgan sees one of her tapes and its her interviewing negan?
What EP on TWD did have a Bog was that when Dwight fooled Laura into an ambush?

Could she be the flying the choper? At the junk yard?

Too bad Nick's actor wants out, I want to see him getting slap around by Morgan more

Back