Favourite political podcast/YouTube channel?

Happiness

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I really enjoy the majority report and potholer54.

You guys?

Is that the guy who used to be on Who's line is it anyway?

Shockingly yes, he gets a lot of extremely intense political journalism from his wife who eats, lives and breathes "truth in politics" statistical and journalistic accuracy. Greg just finds a way to spin improvisational humor into it to make it less dry. The entire podcast is tough on bullshittery, false declarative politics, and historical inaccuracy

Shockingly yes, he gets a lot of extremely intense political journalism from his wife who eats, lives and breathes "truth in politics" statistical and journalistic accuracy. Greg just finds a way to spin improvisational humor into it to make it less dry. The entire podcast is tough on bullshittery, false declarative politics, and historical inaccuracy

I'll check it out. Cheers bro.

There's a couple of ones I check out.

NPR's Embedded, and Politics Podcast. The Daily from the NYT. Stay Tuned With Preet. The Majority Report and David Pakman Show.

Most recently listened to Embedded's Collusion and Obstruction from their Trump Stories.

The Golden One is the only political channel anyone needs to watch.

ad5b60bfb9c1b6db8357dd98830dd289@2x.jpg

I love how a lot of the lefty youtube commentators fit the perfect effeminate stereotype of what conservatives think liberals are like.

I love how a lot of the lefty youtube commentators fit the perfect effeminate stereotype of what conservatives think liberals are like.

I think a lot of right leaning war roomers would actually enjoy a lot of Contrapoints videos. He spends a decent amount of time rebutting a lot of things you guys have problems with pertaining to the left, while providing a different, well researched, and well presented alternative view point, absent the ''you're a fucking white male'' finger pointing.

Plus he has a sick les paul and wails on it from time to time.

You guys?

I am a big MR listener but am on the fence about the new Michael Brooks show. I loved him as a comedic spice bouncing off Sam's analysis but find him fairly insufferable as a host.

He throws around a lot of the technical, poli-sci graduate program jargon but I rarely hear him offer what I would consider an insightful or novel perspective on any issue.

What is your take on his show?

I also like to dip into Dore occasionally. Though I find his anti-Russia investigation obsession to be bizarre and entirely unhelpful to the advancement of the left agenda.

they are all biased. as soon as they claim their political party it is self evident.

dont expect anyone to tell you they are "progressive" and then not spout ideas that lean towards their label.

you will never see a well balanced podcast on every issue.

everyone is in it to score points for their patreon account.

Stay Tuned with Preet, weekly, hour-ish, top shelf guests and really insightful. Check out the Bill Browder episode to put the Magnitsky Act in perspective- and it will change the way you see what's happening in American politics today. Props to whoever turned me on to that show, I forget who.

You guys?
potholer 54 is good, and i sometimes watch the "washington watch " channel, the videos are long though, so i have to make the time.

I am a big MR listener but am on the fence about the new Michael Brooks show. I loved him as a comedic spice bouncing off Sam's analysis but find him fairly insufferable as a host.

He throws around a lot of the technical, poli-sci graduate program jargon but I rarely hear him offer what I would consider an insightful or novel perspective on any issue.

What is your take on his show?

I also like to dip into Dore occasionally. Though I find his anti-Russia investigation obsession to be bizarre and entirely unhelpful to the advancement of the left agenda.

I'm of much the same view as you when it comes to the MBS; on the fence. I don't like the way Micheal speaks over his interview guests and goes off on detours for minutes, it comes across as a need to prove his bona fides. There's also something about the tone of the show, I can't quite put my finger on, that rubs me the wrong way. He has great guests though and is very well researched in many areas, plus, anyone who makes it a life mission to shit on Sam Harris et.al, is all good with me. Unlike the MR which I'll listen to most days and support through membership, I'll check to see who Michael's guest is before I DL an episode.

Jimmy Dore is damaging to the left. He's poorly researched, pushes CTs and his anti-russian investigation rants are, as you stated, bizarre at this point.

Back