Favorite Wrestling Program/Angle?

The Megapowers and subsequent explosion over Elizabeth is a top level one for me.
Flair/Savage was pretty great too.

1. Stone Cold VS Vince McMahon

2. Stone Cold VS The Rock

3. NWO VS WCW

This is awesome. WCW creative was on point with this one. Love the premise of Vader luring Sting into some mystical location in the mountains so he can challenge him to a game of tug-o-war. Were marks supposed to believe this was legit?
the 'tug'o'war' was just the lead into their strap match at Superbrawl III

HBK vs HHH in 02

Restart DX only for HHH to turn heel and set up HBKs return match which is one of my fav matches

HBK vs Hart during 96-97

Austin and Rock

Of what hasnt been listed yet:

Hogan going heel with Nash n Hall

DX invading WCW

The Hurricane and Rock had some good promos

McMahon Austin n Angle cowboy hats

Edge n Christian's when they would troll the crowds ( like when they spoofed Detroit vs Colorado hockey games )

Hogan vs Warrior

The day Steph & Chyna got boob jobs

giphy-downsized.gif

It might be a work. It might be a shoot. It might be both. In any case, most people, inclauding industry insiders, beleave it was a shoot. So if it was a work, it would have to be one of the best angles ever.

Of what hasnt been listed yet:

Hogan going heel with Nash n Hall

DX invading WCW

The Hurricane and Rock had some good promos

McMahon Austin n Angle cowboy hats

Edge n Christian's when they would troll the crowds ( like when they spoofed Detroit vs Colorado hockey games )

Hogan vs Warrior

The day Steph & Chyna got boob jobs
Angle as the Boy Scout.

HBK/Taker
HBK/Jericho

Terry Funk vs. Ric Flair in 1989 (after Terry Funk broke Ric Flair's neck by piledriving him on the timekeeper's table which did not break because it was a real thick wooden table) is my favorite angle and feud ever. This was done before piledrivers on tables designed to break easily became popular. The intensity and realism of this feud was so far beyond anything WWE does. The promos alone were off the charts in intensity. I'm surprised there haven't been any mentions of anything involving Terry Funk until now.. He is the hardcore legend and was NWA champion for over a year at the peak of The NWA's power and popularity.

In WWF I liked Stone Cold vs Brian Pillman ("Pillman 9mm gun angle").
Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart

In ECW Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer was amazing and lasted over two years.

Raven vs. Sandman where Raven took control of the Sandman's actual ex-wife and 6 year old son Tyler Fullington and brainwashed him into worshipping Raven and hating his father - The Sandman.. The Sandman's kid actually caned The Sandman in what was a very controversial angle at the time.

Last edited:
Jimmy Valiant vs. Paul Jone adn his crew. It had a beard shaving, unmasking, loser leave town .... what else can you want?

The anti USA Hart Foundation was awesome.

$50K Big John Stud slam challenge

I also really liked the Adrian Street, Adrian Adonis, Golddust gay angles.

Edit: Maybe it was $10K slam challenge?

Was also a big fan of the Million dollar man pulling people out of the crowd, offering achallenge, then often sabotaging it!! Couldn't find original but

Last edited:
The Rock v HHH "worked" for like 2+ years. It was a good time. Nobody took the smackdown as well as haitch, which works to his advantage now, because if anybody bitches with him in command he can talk about getting slapped over the top rope for two straight years for what was best for business.

Last edited:

When was this (huge Wings fan)?

Big Bad Booty Daddy decked out in Michigan gear in Columbus OH was also badass.

The ECW Invasion was great from the time RVD showed up till totally killed when they joined WCW and we're owned by Steph.

Last edited:
When I have a few minutes of time I’m gonna post some details on another great feud.

Greg Valentine vs Ronnie Garvin

Good lord that royal rumble crowd went absolutely nuts for that match. This match was a stiff Jim Crocket style grudge match from two old school wrestlers

When was this (huge Wings fan)?

Big Bad Booty Daddy decked out in Michigan gear in Columbus OH was also badass.

The ECW Invasion was great from the time RVD showed up till totally killed when they joined WCW and we're owned by Steph.

During attitude era when they would do 5 second poses.

Was shortly after Colorado eliminated Detroit if i member correctly.

When I have a few minutes of time I’m gonna post some details on another great feud.

Greg Valentine vs Ronnie Garvin

Good lord that royal rumble crowd went absolutely nuts for that match. This match was a stiff Jim Crocket style grudge match from two old school wrestlers

I nearly mentioned that one but I figured that not a lot of people remembered it. That was the one with Ronnie Garvin wearing the "Heartbreaker" shin guard after getting his leg broken by Valentine, right?

I nearly mentioned that one but I figured that not a lot of people remembered it. That was the one with Ronnie Garvin wearing the "Heartbreaker" shin guard after getting his leg broken by Valentine, right?

Yes. They of course used the shin guards as weapons on each other. Match was really over with the fans. They went nuts for the ending. People hated greg valentine when he was a heel.

Back