Favorite Weightlifting/Powerlifting Videos

Just strap your dick on, leave your pussy at home...

I can't remember who it was, but some American comedian pointed out that dicks and balls are actually unbelievably delicate, while pussies, as she said "those things take a pounding".

I remember randomly seeing a vid of this kid. He has some major potential. If he slowly adds on weight and continues to get stronger he could make some waves in the 165# or 74kg USAPL/IPF class, although Daiki Kodama is competing raw now and you could argue that he's the GOAT bencher (both raw and single ply) in that weight class. He recently benched 486 @ 158 raw in a IPF meet
lol he's not a kid- he's a married man with kids. Looks like a weak college student though, but he's got freakish bench strength and rotator cuffs made of adamantium. He stays light because he literally does no squat or lower body lifts.

Cant believe I forgot the dude. All his movements are so smooth, its kind of weird honestly.

Now we're talking.

For normal gym purposes, we do have a load of things for all sorts of little rules (or even big rules) for things we do- full ROM, don't cheat in various ways etc. But elite athletes frequently do it in ways that ignore those rules, because that is what they need to do. It's possible that he's doing curls for injury prevention, and he and his team figure that they get more benefit going as heavy as possible and non-full ROM than they do being super strict. Or maybe they do some more strict and some more like this. I'd guess that for Louis-Philippe Jean's video, they figure power curls are more similar to the movements that really stress the biceps in strongman.

But I guess the main point is this: curls are awesome.

Preach!

There is no God but Curls, and Bench is his Prophet(gains be upon him):)

lol he's not a kid- he's a married man with kids. Looks like a weak college student though, but he's got freakish bench strength and rotator cuffs made of adamantium. He stays light because he literally does no squat or lower body lifts.

Haha, yeah I know he's a grown adult, just looks young. Strong bench though. I could see him doing 400 pound pause bench that would pass in competition soon if he 's not already there.

Here's if I'm not mistaken the highest raw bench (not including disabled lifters or little people) at 165 pounds by Stas Milostnoy with 507 pounds.

I think Joe Mazza did 500 or 501 at 165. Of course both were done in a bench only meet. Rick Weil's 485 @ 165 raw is still the highest at a full meet, but his 556 @ 181 raw is maybe more impressive. I wouldn't be surprised to see Daiki Kodama surpass Stas record though. My boy Mike Hara was up there too in the high 400s. I know old school guys in Hawaii were also freakishly strong back in the 80s benching in the low-mid 400s raw at 148/165 in a full meet. Ed Morishima was one of them. There's some parapalegic guys that are insanely strong at bench if you look them up.

Now here's a motivating deadlift from the GOAT and possibly one of the greatest raw deadlifts of all time

Here's videos of the legendary Mike Bridges. Equally impressive as Ed Coan IMO. His numbers at 165 and 181 are still mindboggling. He was a judge at a USAPL meet I did maybe 11 years ago. Very cool guy and compact!

837 @ 181 raw squat

529 @ 181 raw bench

755 @ 181 raw deadlift

Chemerkin cleaning 500lb onto his wrists.

Still amazes me how someone could possibly toss almost 6 plates a side over their head.

Balls of steel

Weird to see a calm Rubish video. 920lbs @ 245lbs weight. This cat is on another level.

I remember watching an interview during which Captain Kirk was asked what his response was to the idea that heavy Squatting could be dangerous,

"What, are you afraid? I thought Powerlifters were supposed to be tough guys? Just strap your dick on, leave your pussy at home, put the bar on your back and bend your fucking knees!":)

Kirk was purposely putting on a show for the camera.

If someone has it I'll post my mom deadlifting 200 lbs over the past weekend and yelling "I don't want to put it down!"

At 65 years old and about 5'2-3" and weighing about 145 lbs, that was pretty awesome.

I can't get enough of:

strength wars
bar wars
Czech strength wars

This one will have you riveted:

And the way this one ends will have your jaw hit the floor:

Strength Wars 2k16 is really making things interesting. They just had a K-1 champion lifting against a powerlifter:

And they have other videos with someone who trains in his backyard competing against a bodybuilding champion and a Youtube / social media lifting expert bro against a bodybuilder. (I cracked up at footage of the Youtuber training the deadlift with a cigarette in his mouth.)

This stuff really gets me pumped to train.

Meh, not overly impressive. He couldn't hang with the big boys in his weight class.

I can't remember who it was, but some American comedian pointed out that dicks and balls are actually unbelievably delicate, while pussies, as she said "those things take a pounding".

Betty White, America's most beloved grandmother.

Rim Jong Sim putting up 155 and almost getting 157 on a bum leg.

Dude's speed under the bar is insane. Maybe the fastest I've seen.

Another favorite. Ehab's intensity is awesome.

Back